TTC Delays and Disruptions

Today around 10:00 AM, 4147 on the 512 hit a Honda EB at Oakwood, blocking the EB streetcars and short turning WB cars at Oakwood Loop. Not much damage to either, with 4147 just suffering a little scratch on its skirt. When I arrived, police and supervisors were on scene already. It cleared by around 10:40 AM. About 7 or 8 EB cars were stuck behind 4147 which retreated into the Oakwood Loop afterward NIS. There were at least 3 shuttles in service, 8311, 1572 (which arrived EB at Oakwood after the delay cleared and then went NIS) and 8305 (which was laying over at SCW after service resumed). 4196 (with the hot driver) was the first non-affected EB streetcar to arrive.

Also around 1:40 PM, there was a delay both ways at Davisville Station, and I was stuck at Eglinton Station SB with 5772 (crushloaded) which ended up leaving NIS. The NB and SB T1's stuck in the signal blocks leading up to Eglinton held in the tunnel after 5772 departed for about 10 and 15 mins respectively before inching into the station. 5772 probably reentered service at Davisville as when we got there, the platform was empty ans there was no sign of it anywhere. Trains were supposedly turning back at Eglinton (which did not happen) and Bloor.

The 161 was diverting around Bloor/Dovercourt today around 2 PM today, SB via Dovercourt, EB on Northumberland and I'm assuming SB on Concord, WB on Bloor, NB on Ossington and into Ossington Stn. Then NB Concord to WB Northumberland and NB Dovercourt to route.

IMG_20110507_00045.jpg

IMG_20110507_00046.jpg

IMG_20110507_00047.jpg

IMG_20110507_00048.jpg

IMG_20110507_00049.jpg

IMG_20110507_00051.jpg

IMG_20110507_00067.jpg

Also around 1:40 PM, there was a delay both ways at Davisville Station, and I was stuck at Eglinton Station SB with 5772 (crushloaded) which ended up leaving NIS. The NB and SB T1's stuck in the signal blocks leading up to Eglinton held in the tunnel after 5772 departed for about 10 and 15 mins respectively before inching into the station. 5772 probably reentered service at Davisville as when we got there, the platform was empty ans there was no sign of it anywhere. Trains were supposedly turning back at Eglinton (which did not happen) and Bloor.

ttcgeek, TTC1700, greekguy1326 and I were leaving at Davisville Stn when this happen.

Passed over a nasty water main break on Kingston road just west of the bridge over highland creek on my way home from work. No diversion for it yet, but I'd imagine there will be for the 86 by now when city crews arrive.

Probably gonna take old kingsto rd. Through the valley.

That was in the eastbound lanes on Kingston Rd at Beachgrove right? If so, I passed by there today evening and there is a large hole dug and blocking the use of the curb and middle lanes. All traffic has to use the third lane, closest to the median, to get by.

That was in the eastbound lanes on Kingston Rd at Beachgrove right? If so, I passed by there today evening and there is a large hole dug and blocking the use of the curb and middle lanes. All traffic has to use the third lane, closest to the median, to get by.

That'd be it.

Scarborough Centre is currently closed to bus and SRT service (with the SRT by-passing Scarborough Centre) for a police investigation.

EDIT: Scarborough Centre is now open to both SRT and bus service, with the 38, 133 and 131 bays out of service for the police investigation.

Scarborough Centre is currently closed to bus and SRT service (with the SRT by-passing Scarborough Centre) for a police investigation.

EDIT: Scarborough Centre is now open to both SRT and bus service, with the 38, 133 and 131 bays out of service for the police investigation.

Man shot on TTC bus at Scarborough Town Centre station

The bus was a 7000 series most likely on 131.

EDIT: It was 7087.

We got another one. Thanks to Tilley for the find.

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/article/...-collision?bn=1

Five people have been taken to hospital after two TTC vehicles collided Saturday.

The crash happened at about 6 p.m. at Spadina station as one vehicle was coming out of the underpass, police said.

Four adults and one child were taken to hospital with minor injuries, according to EMS.

The 510 Spadina streetcar was being diverted to Bathurst station, but the delay has now been cleared.

This is the second incident in two days involving TTC vehicles. On Friday, 14 people were taken to hospital after two TTC buses collided at Wilson Station.

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday the 17A was forbidden to travel north of 14th Avenue due to the construction of the Birchmount Road flyunder north of the intersection. It would have been way too narrow for the bus to fit in, as they had construction material blocking 3/4 of Royal Crest (the road the 17A turns east on), with cars barely squeezing through the north side, then making a roundabout-like turn. Therefore the buses went Birchmount-McNabb-Gough-14th-Birchmount to original routing. The bus stop at Royal Crest and Birchmount is where the 17A gets most of its passengers heading south, and they were not happy campers when they realized the 17A wasn't going to serve there.

I took a photo of it through my iPhone (Royal Crest is just past the intersection going straight).

253884_10150207585282476_501897475_7469278_2851481_n.jpg

They didn't work in that section today, so 17A buses were allowed to use Royal Crest today.

SRT this morning had a nice delay...

A family of ducks on the SRT tracks has caused the TTC to hold service on the line temporarily while we humanely work to relocate them.
ALL CLEAR: The family of ducks have been safely relocated and regular service has resumed on the SRT Line.

Yesterday afternoon, there was something going on at Finch and Yonge. An under cover police car was sitting in the middle of the intersection. 53 and 42 buses were detouring on Finch Ave East. Also caused huge delays and about 60+ people waiting for the 42, 125 and the Finch East buses.

Yesterday afternoon, there was something going on at Finch and Yonge. An under cover police car was sitting in the middle of the intersection. 53 and 42 buses were detouring on Finch Ave East. Also caused huge delays and about 60+ people waiting for the 42, 125 and the Finch East buses.

Five-year-old girl struck and killed

A 5-year-old girl is dead after being struck by a vehicle in North York Friday afternoon.

The incident happened shortly after 2:30 p.m. on Wedgewood Drive near Yonge Street and Cummer Avenue.

The girl and her mother were crossing the street when both were hit by a Toyota Camry.

The child was conscious and breathing on the scene but was rushed to the Hospital for Sick Children, where she succumbed to her injuries.

The 27-year-old driver of the car remained at the scene to give police a full statement on what led to the accident.

The mother's injuries are considered minor.

viva/YRT were affected as well.... it took me half an hour to get to steeles frpm finch...

• 2 weeks later...

If you can... AVOID Queen Street this weekend.

501 Shuttles were operated by the three east divisions. And for no reason they were westbound signed as 501 BROADVIEW. Then continued west to (unknown) and looped back and ran in service starting from wherever they looped at (probably Mc Caul Street). Meanwhile, 501 Cars are a hit and miss, and 502 Shuttles during the midday are already packed to the brim.

Hopefully with the weekend upon us, we should see (more or less) proper 501 bustitution service. Don't hold your breath though.

If you can... AVOID Queen Street this weekend.

501 Shuttles were operated by the three east divisions. And for no reason they were westbound signed as 501 BROADVIEW. Then continued west to (unknown) and looped back and ran in service starting from wherever they looped at (probably Mc Caul Street). Meanwhile, 501 Cars are a hit and miss, and 502 Shuttles during the midday are already packed to the brim.

Hopefully with the weekend upon us, we should see (more or less) proper 501 bustitution service. Don't hold your breath though.

When I was out there during the beginning of PM peak yesterday Wilson was also operating the shuttles. The buses use head north on River St as part of their loop. When I rode the 501 there was some sort of incident eastbound at Bay blocking the streetcars so 502 was picking up everyone between Bay and Broadview. The 501 shuttle I rode was practically empty until Kingston Rd though since it didn't connect with a streetcar at Broadview but it got all the passengers from the 502 shuttle that wanted to go across Queen instead of up Kingston Rd.

There was a delay clearing announcement today about 5:40 PM, area involved was SB Lawrence West. 5223 may have been the problem as when I emerged from BD St.George about 20 mins later to the YUS level, it was sitting there (SB) isolated and off. The rest of the train was in service.