TTC Delays and Disruptions

Today shortly before 10 AM, there was a situation on St.Clair just east of SCW that resulted in streetcar service ending at SCW. The supervisor at Vaughan boarded my streetcar into the station to probably control the situation in the station. Through the portal, I could see a fire truck parked at around Forest Hill with it's lights flashing. Supervisor recommended to everyone to continue east via the Bloor line as while shuttles were ordered, they'd take forever to get here due to road closures and gridlock.

This morning, there was a FUBAR'd train westbound at Pape before 7 this morning. It got to the point where they had to couple up with the train behind to get it moving.

5931 5862 5815 (70 run) was shoved by 5054 5089 5100 (71 run).

Majorly FUBAR'd. There were like 3 separate delay announcements at 3 separate danforth stations all westbound for mechanical difficulty. And afterwards there was an announcement advising longer travel times between sherbourne and pape

Majorly FUBAR'd. There were like 3 separate delay announcements at 3 separate danforth stations all westbound for mechanical difficulty. And afterwards there was an announcement advising longer travel times between sherbourne and pape

Why dont they just take the stupid train out of service and put it in a pocket track rather than causing problems on the line (If it was the same train).

An H5 (111) FUBAR'd northbound on the approach to Eglinton at quarter to 12 this afternoon. It was coupled to a T1 (112) and was shoved into tail track #2 at Finch. 112 was then put into tail track #3 after backing away from 111.

Something went majorly FUBAR WB approaching Kipling at around at around 12:30pm today. The approaching train (T1) got tripped somehow and they had to back it up before crawling back forwards again into the platform. First time I've ever seen Kipling crush loaded.

I've seen that happen a few times in the almost 5 years of that being my home station & using it almost everyday.

There was a delay of about 15 mins on the Yonge line due to an unauthorized person at track level. It happened at around 10:45 tonight.

My train got it's power cut northbound into Eglinton. The train on the southbound coasted out of the station to get power.

Apparently, 3 idiots thought it'd be fun to play chicken with trains at track level.

My train got it's power cut northbound into Eglinton. The train on the southbound coasted out of the station to get power.

Apparently, 3 idiots thought it'd be fun to play chicken with trains at track level.

Not sure who told you that it was an un-authorized. Power was cut at Davisville for unknown reasons, the area was checked with no trouble was found. Power was restored in less than 10 minutes. The line-side paging to customers indicated "Power off situation". Supervisory staff were sent to replace the disk at the South end of the Northbound, but it was the train crew that restored the power.

At the same time as that incident there was an unauthorized at Old Mill due to someone going to retrieve an item they dropped. Power was NOT cut in that case, and the supervisor doing the shuttle bus checked the area and cleared it in less than 5 minutes.

You seem to have your wires crossed regarding the situations.

Not sure who told you that it was an un-authorized. Power was cut at Davisville for unknown reasons, the area was checked with no trouble was found. Power was restored in less than 10 minutes. The line-side paging to customers indicated "Power off situation". Supervisory staff were sent to replace the disk at the South end of the Northbound, but it was the train crew that restored the power.

At the same time as that incident there was an unauthorized at Old Mill due to someone going to retrieve an item they dropped. Power was NOT cut in that case, and the supervisor doing the shuttle bus checked the area and cleared it in less than 5 minutes.

You seem to have your wires crossed regarding the situations.

Uhh, no I don't think so. You're talking about a completely different delay.

The initial power cut was north of Eglinton, around York Mills or Lawrence. That, in turn, affect trains at Eglinton Station. When the power was cut, we were in the middle of coasting into the station and there was already a train on the southbound. A few minutes after our arrival, and multiple annoucements made, the southbound train closed up it's doors and coasted down south of the crossover where there was power. The delay was clear after about 10 or 15 minutes.

Uhh, no I don't think so. You're talking about a completely different delay.

The initial power cut was north of Eglinton, around York Mills or Lawrence. That, in turn, affect trains at Eglinton Station. When the power was cut, we were in the middle of coasting into the station and there was already a train on the southbound. A few minutes after our arrival, and multiple annoucements made, the southbound train closed up it's doors and coasted down south of the crossover where there was power. The delay was clear after about 10 or 15 minutes.

How does a stationary train coast from a station without power?

Minor accident involving a pedestrian and a Wilson unit outside of Lawrence West Station has buses not entering the bus terminal. The accident is actually blocking the entrance.

The nearby RESCU camera is viewing the scene, but unfortunately, it's not available online.

How does a stationary train coast from a station without power?

Eglinton Station, believe it or not, is on a bit of a grade. When you put a train in coast, gravity takes over and rolls the train down the grade.

• 2 weeks later...