TTC Delays and Disruptions

That was expanded to more signal problems at Victoria Park IIRC, although that was quickly changed to switch problems with trains turning back at Warden (Shuttle buses in effect).

Not the first time in a week that switch problems have forced turnbacks at Warden, so I hope the TTC tries to get this problem fixed for good.

The delay cleared at about 9:30pm right after I left Kennedy on a shuttle. One of the 8XX trucks (836 IIRC) along with a 5XX van and two supervisor cars (a chief supervisor's SUV and a Dodge Caravan) were at Kennedy. Nothing really special on the shuttle, just Eglinton, Birchmount and Malvern as expected.

Toronto Transit Commission

There is no service from Lawrence W to St George Stations due to a personal injury at track level. Approx 60min delay. Shuttle buses ordered

about a minute ago · Like · Comment

An hour long delay indicates that the person was killed.

An hour long delay indicates that the person was killed.

Nice to see that the TTC suggested alternate routes instead of cramming on the shuttle bus.

Alternate routes: 52 Lawrence W bus to Lawrence. 512 St. Clair Streetcar to St. Clair. 14 Glencairn to Davisville. 26 Dupont to St. George.

According to Facebook it also cleared approx. 1 hour later.

It was at SCW. Not sure if it had anything to do with the extreme bunchups on the 512.. with tons of short turns to SCW.

The extreme bunchups and short turns on the 512 were likely a result of the heavier loading since the subway was terminating. Many people would've taken the 512 east to the Yonge line instead, which would've delayed cars through longer than normal loading/unloading. The short turns would either be due to returning late cars to a "normal" position or turning WB cars to turn them back east to relieve the loads.

The alternate routes were displayed 1 minute before the delay was cleared.

... well, at least it's still a bit of progress.

Major disruption this morning on the 510 due to a pedestrian fatality @ Spadina & Lakeshore. Streetcars were diverted after a streetcar numbered 4034 hit the cyclist.

http://www.cp24.com/servlet/an/local/CTVNe...9/?hub=CP24Home

http://toronto.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTV...=TorontoNewHome

510's were rerouted SB Spadina - King - Bathurst - Queens Quay to route and vice-versa NB, with a reported runtime increase of approx. 30 mins.

It was a cyclist not a pedestrian

ammo for my mom :lol:

Power problem on Sheppard between Sheppard-Yonge and Bayview. "Shuttle buses have been ordered" as of 9am. <_< That explains the crowd around the 85 bay this morning.

TTC

Because of the mess at Greenwood yard this morning, the following YUS sets were on the BD:

XXX 328 313

208 144 301

733 681 784 (139)

770 795 683 (101)

Rode H5 5763 (!) on BD this morning.
TTC

Even after this morning's mess, there is still one YUS train on the BD right now:

149 277 287 (103)

I'm willing to bet there were more trains missing this PM than just that one. The whole line seemed to be running on a 4 minute headway with some larger gaps. That, coupled with two large mobility devices on my car made my trip back north only slightly bearable.

No subway service between Keele to Islington, due to signal problems at Jane.

Edit: All clear, service has resumed- 10:30am

The same delay happened again between 1:45pm and 2:08pm. It is happening right now as well, the message was sent out at 10:52pm, this time instead of signal problems switch problems are blamed.

King-sized mess at York U this morning. The bus loop at The Commons has been shut down due to a water main leak/break.

Dan

That would have been interesting to see. I'm assuming all TTC and GO buses were boarding passengers along Ian Macdonald and York Blvd.

Delays along Kingston Rd this afternoon due to construction at Kingston & Lawrence reducing eastbound traffic to one lane through the intersection. Eastbound buses on 86 were delayed as much as 15-20 minutes. My bus took 20 minutes to get from Guildwood GO Station to Lawrence, it usually takes about 5 minutes.

That would have been interesting to see. I'm assuming all TTC and GO buses were boarding passengers along Ian Macdonald and York Blvd.

According to CP24, TTC/GO buses were boarding/dropping off passengers along York Boulevard near Schulich. I wasn't on campus today, but York may have opened the secondary road beside Schulich to accommodate the buses (the secondary road is for when subway construction begins). This diversion is the case whenever the loop has to be closed off. It creates a huge mess, but it's the only solution to such a problem.

That was Pape stn to St George stn

No service on the 2 Bloor-Danforth line BW between St. George and Broadview due to a personal injury at track level. Shuttle buses are running, but expect a 1 hour delay as a result of rush-hour traffic along Bloor St. East.

I wasn't on campus today, but York may have opened the secondary road beside Schulich to accommodate the buses (the secondary road is for when subway construction begins). This diversion is the case whenever the loop has to be closed off. It creates a huge mess, but it's the only solution to such a problem.

They did do that at some point later in the day - on my trip back through, I boarded the 196 in its usual location.

They finished up the repairs overnight, and everything was back to normal this morning.

Dan