Vancouver: T-Comm "E-Sightings"

MCW Metrobus

On 11/16/2016 at 0:13 AM, dover5949 said:

How did you find the retirement export on tcomm?

I've been using Tcomm for the past year & half just discovered the retirement page this evening.

It's not there.

A bit of T-Comm history: The retirement export dates back to around October 2012 (T-Comm was created around Christmas 2011 - hard to believe it's almost 5 years old), when some people (I think it was @Enviro 500 and @Citaro but correct me if my memory is wrong) wanted to find missing buses sent to FOH, storage or retirement.  The retirement export was a quick creation to help them do that, but I never had time to get around to making it look nicer or more usable to integrate it as a part of the site.

It's not anything secret or private; I am aware the link has been making its way around various sites.  But it's just an ugly text file that's all. :P 

On 11/22/2016 at 9:03 PM, Peter M said:

I can't view the photos on your BusTrainFerry.com website.

Thanks, I haven't had time to get around to fix it yet.  In the future for something off topic and personal in nature you could consider using the private messaging feature of this forum, so as not to clog up the thread with posts off on a tangent.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Brando737 said:

Not sure if this block has been mentioned before, but there is an HTC run that does a round trip on the 130 to Kootenay loop before doing 106s.  Today 14035 is on that run.  First XN40 on the 130?

I've noticed this block before. Didn't think much of it. As for the first XN40 on the 130, you are correct 

30 minutes ago, cleowin said:

Probably still only nova mon-friday.

More than likely. Also, If you want to see D40LFs on the 106 you are best off finding one on a Sunday as I know a few senior guys request them as for XN40s I doubt anyone will be requesting the use of them, I don't like them, other than the look and interior of them, I hate them, but that's a different story for another day.

From what I've heard, Nova's will be the priority for all 106 blocks and the blocks that are all or mostly 106 will be prioritized over others to be nova.  This includes trippers.  With more XN40s coming into service, I've noticed they seem to shuffling them around all over.  They've been on the 100 more frequently as well.  

I like the XNs, they are quiet and smooth.  Drove 16001 today and it was much better than any 14000 I've driven, but that's probably just because it's new lol

3 minutes ago, UpLift Vancouver said:

highly unusual sighting: a Nova "sardine can" on line 099: http://tcomm.bustrainferry.com/mobile/bus/9639

To add to the unusualness of a 40 footer on the 99, that block does a round trip on the N17 then the 2809 N19 to Surrey and this bus was on the 135/145 all day.  I'm going to guess they switched out the artic for this due to the snow tonight.

6 hours ago, Stormscape said:

Looks like the last ever EB 190 is also an Orion V. Fitting end, I'd say. Will quite likely be the last ever Orion V downtown, barring exceptional circumstances.

I suppose this would count as a non electronic sighting, but I happened to be in the area around the time of that last 190 so I rode it for a bit. It was nearly empty and the driver didn't mind letting me off after a couple stops. 

Carved in the grime on most of the curb side of it was some interesting drawings, including a sketch of a bus, "555 lougheed stn" "thank you driver" and some other transit themed stuff. 

It felt like a quiet warm end to the 190 and its era.

Unfortunately I only had a phone camera @ 2 percent so all I got was this potato shot after leaving it.

(Note the red traffic cone in the sky)

20161216_182803.jpg