GO Transit

Enzo Aquarius

4 hours ago, drum118 said:

That is a lot of coaches they are ordering to help prepare for increased service levels. Along with extending to the option of the original order at $279 million. 

Though Bombardier has had a lot of scrutiny over failing to maintain schedules on other rail vehicles such as the new streetcar and possibly the light rail vehicle, at least Bombarider has built this order for Go Transit for many years. Go Transit would rather maintain consistency by having the same model of train rather than having different sets. 

Final comments: 

Metrolinx seems to have some very deep pockets. Spending hundreds of millions of dollars on new train coaches and 253 SuperLo double decker buses to accommodate almost all routes. With an option for another 150 SuperLo double deckers. 

Along with double decker purchases over the last few years. Nothing like preparing for increased service in style. 

20 hours ago, GTAmissions1 said:

That is a lot of coaches they are ordering to help prepare for increased service levels. Along with extending to the option of the original order at $279 million. 

Though Bombardier has had a lot of scrutiny over failing to maintain schedules on other rail vehicles such as the new streetcar and possibly the light rail vehicle, at least Bombarider has built this order for Go Transit for many years. Go Transit would rather maintain consistency by having the same model of train rather than having different sets. 

Final comments: 

Metrolinx seems to have some very deep pockets. Spending hundreds of millions of dollars on new train coaches and 253 SuperLo double decker buses to accommodate almost all routes. With an option for another 150 SuperLo double deckers. 

Along with double decker purchases over the last few years. Nothing like preparing for increased service in style. 

Deep pockets? No, they are just leeching off taxpayers and fare hikes like no tomorrow. Many city operated TAs don't have that luxury to do what they pull off. 

• Like 2

At Square One at about 4pm this afternoon, spotted what definitely looked to be an 80xx double decker in the Go 29 bay. I was trying to then head across Station Gate Road to get a better view of it to see if it really was an 8000 on that route. However, upon doing so, was half way across and it left. But it sounded like an 8000.
So then here's a question as I know my sight is only as good as..well, you know.
Other then what is obvious in terms of what routes these things would be on, any idea if there would be any issue with them going to Guelph Central GO or UofGuelph?

Find it weird of GO to not release all of the September 3rd changes, but we do know now that the Cambridge-Milton route will be numbered route 24, any idea what route number Brantford will be?

Not positive on this, but it seems like they're just extending the existing 15 to Brantford, and renaming the current route 15 between Aldershot and McMaster the 15A. http://www.gotransit.com/public/en/travelling/school.aspx#routes

On Friday, I saw 203, 211 and 237 x cab cars as standard coaches. Rode 203 home and the only changes I saw was the divider between crew and passengers gone with seats with their back to the window. Door added to the control area.

MPI MP54AC 647 was mu to 629 behind it and they were pulling 12 coaches. I have yet to see 647 in service.

I regret not get back on the train at Aldershot to get a photo of a coach painted tan brown below the top windows between 2 boxcar and look like it had a BERT?? report mark, but since the train was 10 minutes late, head to catch the Hamilton bus.

On Sunday, saw Winston Churchill Station and it could go into service in either Jan or April 2017, depending how GO wants to do it.

The washroom building is the same as Winston Churchill, but are all semis with no growth along the fence area. There is an area that one walkway from the side streets can be built easy to the station with another that could connect to the road beside it.

Tagged GO Car.jpg

Last week two cars were delivered to the Willowbrook Yard and one of them was a new cab car. It was 343 I believe and another middle car shown in the picture is 2061 I think. It apparently got tagged. The unit was still sitting there as of this morning. 

On 19/08/2016 at 10:40 AM, BedardZ0754 said:

Not positive on this, but it seems like they're just extending the existing 15 to Brantford, and renaming the current route 15 between Aldershot and McMaster the 15A. http://www.gotransit.com/public/en/travelling/school.aspx#routes

It is route 15 to Brantford - see http://www.gotransit.com/timetables/en/PDF/Timetables/09161216/Table15.pdf

Major Service Changes for September:

• Kitchener Line two new round trips extended from Georgetown to Kitchener (one round trip is Express)
  • 15 - extended from McMaster U to Brantford
  • 19 - discontinued from Square One to Oakville GO
  • 24 - new route from Cambridge (Galt) to Milton GO
  • 30 - new weekday reverse peak, midday and evening service

33 minutes ago, Streety McCarface said:

Isn't Kitchener also supposed to receive a huge improvement of Route 30 as well, with one bus for every train heading to Bramalea? 

42 minutes ago, dj.surf.lfs said:

Major Service Changes for September:

• 30 - new weekday reverse peak, midday and evening service

In terms of GO Transit, I have a few ideas for connections between the West Cities (Waterloo, Kitchener, Cambridge, Guelph, Brantford, Hamilton, Burlington). Yes, my views are biased because I live in Waterloo, but I would like opinions and suggestions.

1: Electrify and partially double track between Guelph and Waterloo's 'The Boardwalk' to allow for 30-minute headways on an electrified GO Train service between these two areas. I suggest this because currently there are 30K people + students that travel from Waterloo Region to Guelph, and at least 15K from Guelph to Waterloo Region every weekday. If stations are placed strategically at The Boardwalk in Waterloo, Kitchener GO in Kitchener, Breslau Park'n'ride, and Guelph GO, then that would provide a platform to allow 2-Way-All Day service between the two regions, by electrifying it, and fixing the rail infrastructure issues present in Guelph and on the grade separation between Guelph and Breslau. (Maps inserted below) 

2: Introduce a new GO Bus route that would run from Aldershot GO station in Burlington and Conestoga Mall in Waterloo, with numerous spurs and route coverage along the way. It would service Conestoga Mall, UW and WLU, Kitchener GO, and would either go to Guelph (if option one is not built) or go directly to Cambridge, then travel down to terminate at either Brantford City Centre or Burlington's Aldershot GO station. This service would be helpful to WLU students as they would be able to access both WLU campuses. It would also be helpful to commuters between Waterloo Region and Brantford/Burlington, and with GO heading to Niagra Falls, it would allow tourists and citizens to explore new areas in the Golden Horseshoe area. 

3: Introduce a new GO Bus line to serve Cambridge at Ainslie St. Terminal, Cambridge Centre terminal, Pinebrush Rd. Park n' Ride, (potentially) Sportsworld Crossing, and would use the HWY 24 corridor to get to Guelph. This would allow Cambridge commuters easy access to Guelph. 

4: Extend the Milton line into Cambridge (yes, I know of the issues, and I won't go into it).

Let me know what you guys think!

13765874_521531074707682_411431403947690799_o.jpg

15 minutes ago, Transit 20 said:

here are the changes for charles street terminal route 25 and route 30 will have there own spots and there is 2 more trains in the morning and 2 in the afternoon.

http://www.grt.ca/en/travelwithus/resources/Charles-Street-Platform-layout-Sept-5-2016-for-web.pdf

Okay, the location of the 1 stop is the stupidest thing I have seen yet. I think it's great that they're bringing GO Transit back into the Charles St. Terminal, but they should at least have the 1 stop at stop 2559, and the 3 at either stop at 2710, or better yet, 2560 and give GO's 25 and the 30 their own separate platforms.

• Like 1

On 2016-08-21 at 7:58 PM, drum118 said:

On Friday, I saw 203, 211 and 237 x cab cars as standard coaches. Rode 203 home and the only changes I saw was the divider between crew and passengers gone with seats with their back to the window. Door added to the control area.

MPI MP54AC 647 was mu to 629 behind it and they were pulling 12 coaches. I have yet to see 647 in service.

I regret not get back on the train at Aldershot to get a photo of a coach painted tan brown below the top windows between 2 boxcar and look like it had a BERT?? report mark, but since the train was 10 minutes late, head to catch the Hamilton bus.

On Sunday, saw Winston Churchill Station and it could go into service in either Jan or April 2017, depending how GO wants to do it.

The washroom building is the same as Winston Churchill, but are all semis with no growth along the fence area. There is an area that one walkway from the side streets can be built easy to the station with another that could connect to the road beside it.

I saw 237 at St. Catharines two days later as a regular cab car on the opposite end of 627 plying the route between Niagara Falls and Toronto Union station.

Here it is guys, the Fall GO Transit Changes.

http://www.gotransit.com/public/en/updates/schedulechanges.aspx

Two things in Waterloo Region:

1: As much as I'm loving the new 30 service planned, I must ask: What the hell? No weekend service? The 25 is bad enough.

2: Why would they get rid of the 25a spur? I know the Kitchener train is supposed to take these passengers to Union Station, however, there are still students who can't get downtown to catch these trains in the morning. If this is going to occur, then why can't Metrolinx extend the 30 up to the Universities? That's where a bunch of GO Transit ridership is. 

Anyways, debate on. 

On 8/21/2016 at 9:51 PM, noahrp24 said:

Tagged GO Car.jpg

Last week two cars were delivered to the Willowbrook Yard and one of them was a new cab car. It was 343 I believe and another middle car shown in the picture is 2061 I think. It apparently got tagged. The unit was still sitting there as of this morning. 

I spotted 343 in a CPR train set sitting above the Runnymede Rd underpass at Lambton Yard early this afternoon.

• 2 weeks later...