GO Transit

Enzo Aquarius

7 hours ago, Cimon8000 said:

Yes the new SuperLo has started making their appearance in GTA.  #8342 has been spotted in Vaughan facility which is one of the very first "locally built" E500 for GO Transit.  The interior shot is taken by Derek Baxter from UK

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_6066.JPG

OMG they look very different than oc's and CT and ST DD buses 22686023994_0a1c429ffe_b.jpg

21 hours ago, Cimon8000 said:

Yes the new SuperLo has started making their appearance in GTA.  #8342 has been spotted in Vaughan facility which is one of the very first "locally built" E500 for GO Transit.  The interior shot is taken by Derek Baxter from UK

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_6066.JPG

Anyone know when these guys are supposed to start entering service? And they can go anywhere except Union right?

Wonder what the first routes will be??

On ‎2016‎-‎07‎-‎01 at 4:34 PM, Cimon8000 said:

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_6066.JPG

The very first one of the batch was built in the UK, chassis in Guildford and body in Falkirk, then shipped to Canada to act as a template for locally built vehicles, there is an article about it with pictures in this months "Buses" magazine, the bus does not have a fleet number in the picture.

On ‎2016‎-‎07‎-‎01 at 11:50 PM, Flyer E902 said:

OMG they look very different than oc's and CT and ST DD buses 22686023994_0a1c429ffe_b.jpg

The GO vehicles have a lower chassis frame and body, they are 8 inches lower than the standard Enviro 500.

2 hours ago, TomW said:

I have to ask... why are there handles beside the upper front window? 

Tree branch guards, they will hit the bars first as opposed to the window and (in theory) give the window a longer longevity and prevent branches from cracking the glass

in reality, not really from what i have seen in Hong Kong

On 7/9/2016 at 0:06 AM, 38 Highland Creek said:

How so?

if there is any problem with the door, you can only blame GO Transit but not ADL as they request for a different door mechanism after the first 22 double decker bus order (8000-21), which they switch to plug in door as they claim the original transit door create so much noise on the highway by the wind...........

On 7/10/2016 at 0:19 PM, Cimon8000 said:

if there is any problem with the door, you can only blame GO Transit but not ADL as they request for a different door mechanism after the first 22 double decker bus order (8000-21), which they switch to plug in door as they claim the original transit door create so much noise on the highway by the wind...........

Those are electric doors they've ordered this time, and those do go slightly up to stay locked after closed.

On 6/15/2016 at 7:17 PM, Cimon8000 said:

13.34m in length, 43' 9" in another word

45ft to be exact!

On 6/15/2016 at 2:40 PM, DavidH said:

Perhaps a dumb question, but is that a different destination sign technology?  It looks quite different.

Luminator Spectrum!  

Luminator + Axion + TwinVison = under one umbrella company!

On 7/6/2016 at 10:23 PM, Centralsmt said:

The GO vehicles have a lower chassis frame and body, they are 8 inches lower than the standard Enviro 500.

3.9m as it's described.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ADB said:

A few have already been delivered. I like the look of them.

I forgot to add that the first one(s) are going in-service on Monday July 25.  Metrolinx and MTO had the obligatory political press conference on this at the Vaughan plant today.

• Like 1

On 7/15/2016 at 0:49 PM, general682002 said:

Those are electric doors they've ordered this time, and those do go slightly up to stay locked after closed.

45ft to be exact!

Luminator Spectrum!  

Luminator + Axion + TwinVison = under one umbrella company!

3.9m as it's described.

The shipping label on the chassis do indicate they are 13.34m in length.  I guess 45ft is including the bumper which makes them longer after being built

On 7/15/2016 at 2:28 PM, DavidH said:

Posted by @Metrolinx on twitter:

There's also this information sheet:

Cna_msEXgAASLgZ.jpg

Very nice to see the tinted windows.

They mention the stop ennuciators like they are a nice-to-have, rather than a legal requiement!

Hi everyone first time posting. I just got an email from Metrolinx in regards to an assessment. Its asking me to pay a fee of $105 that is non-refundable. I just wanted to know if anyone else went through this before I do pay. Is it legitimate? Thanks!

17 hours ago, Trini12 said:

Hi everyone first time posting. I just got an email from Metrolinx in regards to an assessment. Its asking me to pay a fee of $105 that is non-refundable. I just wanted to know if anyone else went through this before I do pay. Is it legitimate? Thanks!

Metrolinx does not make (property?) assessments and does not charge you fees, and if they did, they would not send those requests via email.  This sounds like a scam.

19 hours ago, Trini12 said:

If you're on twitter, a screenshot and DM to @femwriter might get you an answer for that.

20 hours ago, Trini12 said:

You mean the STRADA aptitude test to become a bus driver? Yeah, I got one of those e-mails too, with the same quoted fee.

I can verify that if it's a link that includes "appointy" in the site name, that I have done another STRADA test on the same website, and it looks legit to me. Take that with a grain of salt as I'm going to sit on this for a few days; I'm on the second-last step of hiring with another agency, going in Monday for a road test since I'm already a CZ driver.

I'm disappointed that the application process makes no mention of a fee at any point before this, and also by just how steep the fee is. I paid $20 for the previous one, and was okay with that. For a no-hours-guaranteed, part-time position, $105 is quite a lot. (Besides, the test has a couple questions that makes it painfully obvious that it hasn't been updated in 30 years. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the younger applicants don't even understand 1 or 2 of the questions. If there's not a better test out there, they ought to make one.)

9 hours ago, shivers said:

You mean the STRADA aptitude test to become a bus driver? Yeah, I got one of those e-mails too, with the same quoted fee.

I can verify that if it's a link that includes "appointy" in the site name, that I have done another STRADA test on the same website, and it looks legit to me. Take that with a grain of salt as I'm going to sit on this for a few days; I'm on the second-last step of hiring with another agency, going in Monday for a road test since I'm already a CZ driver.

I'm disappointed that the application process makes no mention of a fee at any point before this, and also by just how steep the fee is. I paid $20 for the previous one, and was okay with that. For a no-hours-guaranteed, part-time position, $105 is quite a lot. (Besides, the test has a couple questions that makes it painfully obvious that it hasn't been updated in 30 years. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the younger applicants don't even understand 1 or 2 of the questions. If there's not a better test out there, they ought to make one.)

Yea Im kind of confused by it as well. I will be calling Human Resources tomorrow to confirm this as I found something on the Go website that says they charge a $10 admin fee, so im not 100% sure what to believe. The email does look legit as it comes from Metrolinx. I also find it ridiculous to be asking someone who is unemployed for such a steep fee and will not reimburse them at least a portion if they dont pass.

10 hours ago, dowlingm said:

If you're on twitter, a screenshot and DM to @femwriter might get you an answer for that.

Thanks! Unfortunately I don't have twitter.