Peeves in everyday life...

Tranzit

This is part of the reason I will never own a cell phone. I'm not saying they don't have their merits, however they are just a perfect example of technology spoiling us over. If I need to make a call, I pay 50 cents and use a payphone. None of this "oh well we have a promotion" from Rogers or "Hey I luv u see you 8ter" texting crap.

i dont even have text messaging, my sister abused text messaging on our family plan and my dad had outgoing texts blocked which is fine, a friend of mine recently got a girlfriend and his phone keeps going off becuase she keps texting him! and then he replys its anoying!

I have it and I use it ... but I hate it when people abuse it LOL! Especially with the girlfriend example you gave, at first its all cutesy wutsey but then its just like "Oh my freakin' Lord ... leave me alone!" LOL But thats the exact point I'm trying to make, texting turns a relationship into a 24/7 relationship and there's a very good reason that there is no such thing as a 24/7 relationship ... they don't work :) . There's couple time and there's alone time ... turning everything into couple time is a sure recepie for disaster.

This is part of the reason I will never own a cell phone. I'm not saying they don't have their merits, however they are just a perfect example of technology spoiling us over. If I need to make a call, I pay 50 cents and use a payphone. None of this "oh well we have a promotion" from Rogers or "Hey I luv u see you 8ter" texting crap.

I have a cell phone and I need one ... mine was kaputt for a couple of weeks in the summer and I found it very difficult with out it, and it just happened at the same time I was house sitting for a friend and I had just had my car accident so I was constantly on the phone making appointments etc. But I agree, it is a technology that really has spoiled us over just like the inernet has LOL.

Amen. Also I'll probably lose it/get it stolen/broken within the first month. Heck, payphones are plentiful enough wherever I go, and all my friends have cell-phones so I can bum off of them. But me, never.

Amen. Also I'll probably lose it/get it stolen/broken within the first month. Heck, payphones are plentiful enough wherever I go, and all my friends have cell-phones so I can bum off of them. But me, never.

Anyone else stare at people using payphones? "Oh look honey ... a museum!" :D:)

I get stares occasionally; I just wink and smirk at them. :)

LOL!

I remember the payphones in Germany during the mid 90s before the mobile revolution kicked in. They were a real pain in the ass because very few of them accepted coins and cards it was either coin only or card only and always hard to hunt for one or the other depending if you had a card or coins lol.

LOL!

I remember the payphones in Germany during the mid 90s before the mobile revolution kicked in. They were a real pain in the ass because very few of them accepted coins and cards it was either coin only or card only and always hard to hunt for one or the other depending if you had a card or coins lol.

now you have to hunt for the phone itself! you cant even find a payphone barely anymore, except malls etc. and some have the abilty to send text messages! they have a keypad on the bottom (its also for TTY) a while ago, bell actually had free payphones, they had an ad screen on them. my mall had one but its gone and oddly enough theres solo mobile kisok there in the same spot

Why not just get out of the car, call someone to pick you up, not pay for the lesson and pick another driving school? Personally, I'm getting tired of all these silly videos coming up everywhere making big issues out of non issues. So they're being dinks and not doing there job ... don't pay and go somewhere else ... simple as that :)

lol.. i was being a little sarcastic in that post.. wasn't sure how to show that..

On the other hand, I don't have a landline so my cell phone is the only way for anyone to really get ahold of me. Just for the opposite end of the spectrum.

lol.. i was being a little sarcastic in that post.. wasn't sure how to show that..

Sorry LOL ... thats what I hate about forums (and texts), its always so hard to make out any emotion. Sometimes when I re-read my posts it seems like they're rude at times but they're mostly meant to be light hearted ... hard to make that come across though.

On the other hand, I don't have a landline so my cell phone is the only way for anyone to really get ahold of me. Just for the opposite end of the spectrum.

Same here, my mobile is the only phone I have ... don't see why I need 2 phones if I'm never home LOL

Thanks captaintrolley!

Nothing like the (rare) female transit fans in the mass transit forum world!!! NYC transitforums has 4 as of now

When I first got into fanning 17 years ago, I was the only one, and was laughed at by the guys, lol, now I laugh, I know of at least 2-3 woman fans here in Etobicoke alone, none are on this board, but we all talk on msn and sometimes can be seen fanning together, not in ttc land thought, we like other areas, just finished a trip into Michigan for some serious fanning..

People/Companies that trash up my town/region by posting their stupid "ads" all over the place (bus shelters etc.- especially that one specific company who likes to use GLUE to post their driving school ad in the shelter.) as well as those (I mean companies [eg: PotLights], not those who are advertising personal things like garage sales) who post those cardboard/plastic signs at traffic lights. I will keep ripping them down whenever I see these stupid, trashy and ILLEGALLY posted ads!

AND the good thing is my clean up work being done was more or less approved by a cop one night when she pulled up behind my car when I had it pulled off to the right turn lane with 4-ways on to rip some stuff down at an intersection and bus shelter (it was about 3am on a Sunday night). I explained what I was doing, she said she had no problem with that and wished me a good night. LOL.. awesome!

People/Companies that trash up my town/region by posting their stupid "ads" all over the place (bus shelters etc.- especially that one specific company who likes to use GLUE to post their driving school ad in the shelter.) as well as those (I mean companies [eg: PotLights], not those who are advertising personal things like garage sales) who post those cardboard/plastic signs at traffic lights. I will keep ripping them down whenever I see these stupid, trashy and ILLEGALLY posted ads!

You should see 16th and Yonge...it's a driving school ad battle there.

Another one:

When you can't say anything I school without people going "EWWW!"

For example:

"I'm going home to do some homework"

"Ewwww! Your going to do your homework." :)

Reminds me of back when I was in middle school and you couldn't do anything without being called gay. If you talked to a guy for a long period of time, you're gay, if you sit beside a guy, you're gay, if most of your friends are guys, you're gay, and if you looked at another guy, you were gay. I hated middle school so much....>_>

Vague information on the internet ... grrrr!

Looking to learn to sail this summer and our local yacht club has a complete course for $165 but doesn't say if you actually get your Whitesail 3 certificate or not. To compare, there is another yacht club 60km down the road that states on the website that they give you the certificate but charges $470 for the course.

Oh well, guess I gotta do it the ol' fashioned way and give them a call ... LOL!

Reminds me of back when I was in middle school and you couldn't do anything without being called gay. If you talked to a guy for a long period of time, you're gay, if you sit beside a guy, you're gay, if most of your friends are guys, you're gay, and if you looked at another guy, you were gay. I hated middle school so much....>_>

How about having the word gay synonymic to the word stupid?

Now THAT is a pet peeve.

How about having the word gay synonymic to the word stupid?

Now THAT is a pet peeve.

I know...that's so gay :P

- People who think that there are 2 left turn lanes exiting Vaughan Mills mall onto Jane Street.

- People at the grocery store that use the self scanners that have no consideration for the large line-up behind them. For example, this one lady today with a full load of groceries decided to scan them and just place them on the platform, and not bag anything until after she paid :) . In fact, I don't even think she paid for the bags either.

You should see 16th and Yonge...it's a driving school ad battle there.

Oh believe me. I know the trouble spots.. <_<... It shouldn't be too bad right now, I was just there the other day (Just call me un-official "volunteer sign remover".. LOL). The only problem ones are the "glued" ones and the sticker ones on the poles. (On a side note I believe the companies doing this have been warned/fined from what I heard from someone).

OMFG I AM SO GLAD 9TH GRADE IS BEHIND ME THAT GOT ME SO PISSED OFF I JUST WANTED TO PUNCH THE GAYLIGHTS OUT OF ALL OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!

And people at school/church saying EWWWW at everything I said back before then was also a HUGE peeve of mines. That is why I am a silent person when I am at church.

And another peeve in my area..."GIRLS, SPEAK ENGLISH, NOT GHETTO, PLEASE????? and if you wouldn't mind terribly, slow down your words, you sound like a Greek auctioneer!!"

fast food employees who Assume what you want and start making it as soon as they see you and get mad when you change your mind

Reminds me.....fast food employees that get your order wrong even when you tell them what you want. When I ordered a 4 piece meal at KFC, I told the lady that I wanted BBQ sauce and Potato salad. When I get home I open it and see Plum sauce and coleslaw. I guess I should have checked before I got home, but really, either she's an idiot, or she did it on purpose.