Peeves in everyday life...

Tranzit

Two nights ago, I took out my Xmas tree, garbage, blue bins and green bin to the curve for collection Tuesday morning. Tuesday comes and they pick up the garbage and tree and leave the blue and green bins. Yet they collected my neighbours blue and green bins.

I called today and asked told them and they said they would see if they can send a truck out. THat was a few hours ago. Still, my blue and green bins are still at the curve waiting for pickup. :P

I called again and left a message since their office is now closed.

My HP Officejet J6480, wirelessly works perfectly on my XP machine, but on my mom's Vista machine the HP Software just sucks, and the printer is not always seen by Vista itself. I have done a reformat and tonnes of scrubs and installs of the Software, even changed the router channel to 11 since my neighbors channel is on 9.

As they do that, look over your shoulder - freaks them out :D

And I thought I was the only one who did that ... :lol:

A few more from me ....

- Going to Red Robins for a burger and a pint and being ID'd for the pint .... I'm 37 years old!!!!!!!! :)

- "Laws" such as "We ID anyone under the age of 25". I'm sorry, what? If the legal drinking age is 19, you ID if you think that person is under the age of 19 NOT 25. If someone who is 25, 30 or (in my case 37) you tell them you thought they were not 19 and not some random irrelevant number some bean counter pulled out of a hat because he/she has a Bachelor of Arts in dishwashing.

- "Laws" such as BC's new no cell phone use while driving a vehicle which came into effect on January 1, which I have no problem with. However, I do have a problem with the fact that this new "law" does NOT apply to out of Province drivers until after the Olympics. Heres a thought then, why the hell not just hold of on the new law for everyone in BC until after the Olympics then? After years and years of the Government telling us that there isn't enough evidence that cell phone use while driving is a factor in causing accidents to form a law, they finally do, but now it's not important enough for everyone, just the taxpayers of the Province.

That's fine for you but for some there may be very little in the way of choice or options. People with limited education, physical skills,

people 'between jobs', obligations to the 'family business'. A single mother with children in elementary school may not want to work

at the restaurant down the block, but she can be to work and home in five minutes which maximizes her time with the family.

Thats true, there are some people who don't have the choices some of us do, but I find that these are also the people who actually work to bring home their paycheck regardless if the enjoy being where they are and their service shows that and end up deserving a tip. I find, for the most part, its the ones who don't care about anything, "its just a job, tipping is mandatory regardless if I work or don't work" crowd that are the ones who have choices but they just look for the easy way out.

Besides, I don't know what the persons history is, and as cold as this may sound, I really don't care. All I care is that I get the service I deserve and they do the job they got hired for. As long as they do that, they've earned a tip as far as I'm concerned. Now, if they go above and beyond that, that usually deserves a bit more.

I agree a tip should be earned, but I still tend to leave something, even if it's just a couple bucks.

I have a very different outlook on that, if I find they don't deserve one, I don't leave one.

Also (unrelated) when your braces fall apart in your mouth...

I never experienced that when I had braces.

On another note I had a huge mouth ulcer in my mouth and I tried everything to get rid of it only to see it get worse and bigger. I managed to get it out but it bleed severly in my mouth. Because of all of this I couldn't wear my retainers. And I am afriad to put them back on because my teeth have shifted out of place alittle.

I was sick for the last three weeks and I am sick of being sick.

I never experienced that when I had braces.

On another note I had a huge mouth ulcer in my mouth and I tried everything to get rid of it only to see it get worse and bigger. I managed to get it out but it bleed severly in my mouth. Because of all of this I couldn't wear my retainers. And I am afriad to put them back on because my teeth have shifted out of place alittle.

I was sick for the last three weeks and I am sick of being sick.

Ouch.. also what sometimes happens to me is that sometimes the wire or brackets protrude a bit and basically rip up the inside of my mouth. :lol:

I am sick as well... not good. :)

What is even worse is when it rips down the side with a jerk, spilling half the bag or more.

LOL ... that happened to me at work on Saturday afternoon, was picking potato chip crumbs of my sweater for the next hour .... LOL!

Canadian Tire ... need to do my "big service" on my Golf (spark plugs, fuel filter, oil change/filter, belts, timing belt (maybe), coolant flush, etc) ... the dealership wants about $800 for it which I find very pricey, thought I could save myself a hundred or two by going to Canuck Tire .... guess again ..... $1542 was their estimate!!!!!!!! :lol::)

LOL ... that happened to me at work on Saturday afternoon, was picking potato chip crumbs of my sweater for the next hour .... LOL!

Canadian Tire ... need to do my "big service" on my Golf (spark plugs, fuel filter, oil change/filter, belts, timing belt (maybe), coolant flush, etc) ... the dealership wants about $800 for it which I find very pricey, thought I could save myself a hundred or two by going to Canuck Tire .... guess again ..... $1542 was their estimate!!!!!!!! <_<:wacko:

That sounds so horribly over priced. That is one of my pet peeves, the only close enough to O'Reilly and Auto Source is Part Source, and they don't even have convenient locations, nor do they have a good electronic inventory system.

Canadian Tire ... need to do my "big service" on my Golf (spark plugs, fuel filter, oil change/filter, belts, timing belt (maybe), coolant flush, etc) ... the dealership wants about $800 for it which I find very pricey, thought I could save myself a hundred or two by going to Canuck Tire .... guess again ..... $1542 was their estimate!!!!!!!! <_<:wacko:

AVOID Canadian Tire for any car repairs!

That sounds so horribly over priced.

I guess they have to subsidize they're CT money somehow .... <_<

AVOID Canadian Tire for any car repairs!

I normally would agree with you, dealerships are usually (not always) the best, simply because they work on your type of car more than most other places so they know what to expect. But, for a simple tune up (which, honestly I could do most parts myself if I had a garage) its pretty hard to screw up. Although, I did get my snowies at CT a couple of months ago and they pumped them up to 35psi which was on the tire but not to the decal on the car requiring the fronts to be up to 32psi and rears 41psi. Tsk, tsk

Running out of washer fluid in your car ... buying a new jug ... pouring it into your washer fluid resevoir ... filling it to the top ... and there's always about 3/4 inch (maybe 300ml) left in the jug ... B):P

Thats one thing I really liked about my Mustang ... it actually had a resevoir big enough to hold a whole jug.

I mean seriously, 300ml left? Its just enough to throw the jug out instead of having it fly around in your trunk.

My Mothers 2005 325i holds a whole jug and another 1/6 of a jug

Hmm a peeve lets see.

When the Metro conductor thinks he could leave at whatever times he wants since hes at a terminus.

''blah blah blah im talking to my friends, blah. pour me a cup of coffee. put my STM hat on. Leave the train unatended with the door open, blah blah.

OH, the bell is ringing saying its time for me to leave. but its okay im at the terminus, I wont cause backups on the line''

Toronto's drivers seem to be retarded. I was crossing the street today, and some dumbass ran straight through the red light almost hitting me and someone else crossing. Lucky that there weren't any cars or he would've hit one.

I hear you, yesterday as I was walking my dog down Sutherland and the 88 had just went by toward Bayview and I heard a bit of honking, so I looked back at the bus, and I see some guy quickly overtaking the bus, I hope the driver got his plates, sorry I wasn't able to see the bus number.

Toronto's drivers seem to be retarded. I was crossing the street today, and some dumbass ran straight through the red light almost hitting me and someone else crossing. Lucky that there weren't any cars or he would've hit one.

yeah, i see dumbass moves from other motorists all the time! but to be fair some pedestrians are dumb too. particaulaly jaywalkers i see them too often people are getting lazy they cant even walk a block to a crosswalk!