Peeves in everyday life...

Tranzit

Reminds me.....fast food employees that get your order wrong even when you tell them what you want. When I ordered a 4 piece meal at KFC, I told the lady that I wanted BBQ sauce and Potato salad. When I get home I open it and see Plum sauce and coleslaw. I guess I should have checked before I got home, but really, either she's an idiot, or she did it on purpose.

Even when I used to work at McD's a very looooong time ago they got my order wrong...and I worked there!

fast food employees who Assume what you want and start making it as soon as they see you and get mad when you change your mind

Having worked fast food, I can tell you right now they get in trouble if they don't start right away if the store is busy... the seconds count. Sad, but the way it is in that industry.

argh! today was the absolute piss off day!

I have a new white cane, its an American NFB Fibreglass long cane (doesnt fold) its only 6 inches shorter than I am.

WHY do people HAVE to walk RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME! S L O W L Y!!! nearly tripping on my cane, then when i ask them to please move, they have MASSIVE ATTITUDE!!

I just wanted to punch this guy in the head today! he did it like 4 times within 5 minutes of trying to walk down Spadina today!

I have a new white cane, its an American NFB Fibreglass long cane (doesnt fold) its only 6 inches shorter than I am.

Why doesn't it fold? And shouldn't there be at least three different lengths to chose from? Not everyone is the same height, it's foolish to think everyone ought to be able to use the same length cane.

One peeve of mine is when people make things up just to heighten their profile(s). Just tell the truth, for crying out loud. It's not really that hard. You'll just kill your reputation if you lie all the time. And when it's discovered that they're lying, they try to back what they said up, even though they don't have solid proof or anything. It's become a big problem recently in the Quebec section of the forum. Some people think they can make stuff up and try to run it by us, but they always get caught. We're like human polygraph testers over there, so we can weed out the BS pretty fast. Thankfully, new rules and policies have been established to help overcome this problem.

Why doesn't it fold? And shouldn't there be at least three different lengths to chose from? Not everyone is the same height, it's foolish to think everyone ought to be able to use the same length cane.

Yeah, there are different heights, I like mine long, my actual (cnib suggested) cane height is 46', I hate short canes, I prefer longer such as 48' or even 50' , a long cane is what I like to travel with everyday, I use a folding one for traveling long distance or when going out with someone in a car, I am a fast walker normally and I like the tactile response of a long cane, the folding ones tend to not be responsive enough for my liking and they break easier (joints breaking, Cord snapping, etc,), I actually was given this latest one by a friend at blind camp, mine (folding) broke and i needed one to be able to get home, I like it, a lot, they are bloody expensive here in Canada and they (NFB, Fibreglass) are not covered by ODSP, (CNIB clients that are on ODSP, get one free cane per year)

just for FYI,

here is where the canes here in Canada mainly come from:

http://ambutech.com/

http://cnib.ca

http://www.nfb.org/nfb/Default.asp

One peeve of mine is when people make things up just to heighten their profile(s). Just tell the truth, for crying out loud. It's not really that hard. You'll just kill your reputation if you lie all the time. And when it's discovered that they're lying, they try to back what they said up, even though they don't have solid proof or anything. It's become a big problem recently in the Quebec section of the forum. Some people think they can make stuff up and try to run it by us, but they always get caught. We're like human polygraph testers over there, so we can weed out the BS pretty fast. Thankfully, new rules and policies have been established to help overcome this problem.

Common, I know you're talking about me.

I wasn't lying!

Common, I know you're talking about me.

I wasn't lying!

Believe me, kiddo, you're the least of our problems. We've had much worse over the years. I know the stories. As it was posted in the Quebec section, we've been burned by so many people over the years, we have no other choice but to react in the way that we do. If there's one thing I've learned over the years, it's that you can't take everything you hear at face value anymore. Some people are not as they seem, and they feel the only way they can move up in the world is through deception. That is not how society works. The only thing deception does is burn ties and destroy relationships. We don't want that; no one does. I can't begin to tell you how many times I've been part of a message board where new people join and start making these grandiose claims that are later discovered to be false. And it's not just a problem here. It happens everywhere.

With that being said, my point is that I can't stand people who make things up just so that that can get ahead in society. If you desire to move up the ranks, you have to follow the rules and uphold them. You also have to show that you are trustworthy. Trust is something that is earned, and this is what you have to do. I was once in your position, but I learned to follow the rules, which garnered me respect. That is my advice to you, and you may take it as you see fit. I guarantee that if you follow this advice, your stay here will be far more pleasant.

This isn't a personal attack or anything. Rather, it's just one man's opinion on an ongoing situation that needs to be rectified.

This I can relate to because a student at my school in grade 7 used to lie all the time. He was my friend for a short while, but I can't stand liars, so that didn't last. Everything that came out of this kids mouth was a lie. Funny thing is everyone later on in school started to hate him. In Grade 9 he almost got killed because he lied to the wrong person, which he had to transfer schools.

Once when we were riding a D60LF during our short friendship, he said he was on an artic in Gatineau and it split in half at the joint. Now can anyone tell me what is wrong with this picture?

It was also after this D60LF ride that I stopped being his friend. Also this was before the LFS Artic was demoed by the STO, about 2 years before.

OMFG I AM SO GLAD 9TH GRADE IS BEHIND ME THAT GOT ME SO PISSED OFF I JUST WANTED TO PUNCH THE GAYLIGHTS OUT OF ALL OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!

And people at school/church saying EWWWW at everything I said back before then was also a HUGE peeve of mines. That is why I am a silent person when I am at church.

And another peeve in my area..."GIRLS, SPEAK ENGLISH, NOT GHETTO, PLEASE????? and if you wouldn't mind terribly, slow down your words, you sound like a Greek auctioneer!!"

I agreee 100% with this.

This I can relate to because a student at my school in grade 7 used to lie all the time. He was my friend for a short while, but I can't stand liars, so that didn't last. Everything that came out of this kids mouth was a lie. Funny thing is everyone later on in school started to hate him. In Grade 9 he almost got killed because he lied to the wrong person, which he had to transfer schools.

Once when we were riding a D60LF during our short friendship, he said he was on an artic in Gatineau and it split in half at the joint. Now can anyone tell me what is wrong with this picture?

It was also after this D60LF ride that I stopped being his friend. Also this was before the LFS Artic was demoed by the STO, about 2 years before.

I also have a good friend who can be a compulsive liar. I've recently taught him a bit about the HSR (how to tell the year it arrived based on the number). But i worry that means he'll be telling me he rode a 2010 when they haven't even arrived. Then of course he tells the group of lies about movies, particularly Transformers 2. He was making up all sorts of crap about who wasn't gonna be in it, who was gonna die...etc. But he's fun to hang out with and cool to be around so our friendship is strong enough to look past the many lies.

I also have a good friend who can be a compulsive liar. I've recently taught him a bit about the HSR (how to tell the year it arrived based on the number). But i worry that means he'll be telling me he rode a 2010 when they haven't even arrived. Then of course he tells the group of lies about movies, particularly Transformers 2. He was making up all sorts of crap about who wasn't gonna be in it, who was gonna die...etc. But he's fun to hang out with and cool to be around so our friendship is strong enough to look past the many lies.
If my friend was cool to hang out with, I might of still been his friend.

Oh well, whatever, I don't even know where he is anymore.

Oh and the greenpeace people, man are they annoying! I'm going to meet my friend at the Rideau Centre and he gives me a heads up that they are in front of the Chateau Laurier, on both sides of Rideau, so I cross the Mack Bridge, and they are there too. I also see them on the Laurier St Bridge, so they pretty much had every single bridge crossing the Rideau Canal through Downtown covered, which has alot of foot traffic.

A thing I would like to add is alarm clocks 'ticking' and family members dying. (Now my aunt just died)

I used to have an alarm clock and I got so used to the ticking that when the clock died it took me a while to get used to the crashing silence. I use a clock radio now and am used to it now.

Condolences re: your aunt. Mine died a couple of years ago. She was 91.

Also Metro newspaper people on corners that practically shove their paper into your hands. "Get away from me, if I want your paper I will ask for one."

I was waiting for the bus today with my friend. We were talking about coach buses and that sort of stuff. But I kind of annoyed me that he was spiting every 3 seconds.

Speaking of which ... why do we guys have to spit into the urinal before we piddle? Wind direction? :huh:

Smokers! And everything they do while and after they smoke.

Example spitting, littering, coughing, blowing smoke, smoking in non smoking areas, not caring about children, and run for the bus when they're late because they did no wanna waste a toxin, chemical filled cigarette.

oh and offering non smokers cigarettes, and being ignorant to the fact that it\s bad for them. Common now only reason you feel better is because now your bod wants nicotine.

OMFG I AM SO GLAD 9TH GRADE IS BEHIND ME THAT GOT ME SO PISSED OFF I JUST WANTED TO PUNCH THE GAYLIGHTS OUT OF ALL OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!

And people at school/church saying EWWWW at everything I said back before then was also a HUGE peeve of mines. That is why I am a silent person when I am at church.

And another peeve in my area..."GIRLS, SPEAK ENGLISH, NOT GHETTO, PLEASE????? and if you wouldn't mind terribly, slow down your words, you sound like a Greek auctioneer!!"

In 9th grade if your refused to talk to a girl after a boy tells you a girl likes you you were considered gay (I guess they haven't learned about peer presure). That is all behind now in my school.

And Mike its SLANG not ghetto. Slang is not a ghetto way of talking. And I kinda love it in my GF :P

And Mike its SLANG not ghetto. Slang is not a ghetto way of talking. And I kinda love it in my GF :P

Well it can be appreciated sometimes but hearing a subway station/church basement/school hallway filled with them is more annoying than this.

And also, I am from the deep South so I don't know/understand what half of them are saying or what they mean, which leads me to my next peeve:

-People who think I am retarded because I have no idea what they are talking about (for example, to have sex has so many synonyms: nail, hammer, bang, bash, do, bust, wreck, etc...)