Peeves in everyday life...

Tranzit

I hate when people type like this: "hi guys how r u today did u no that i like pie" with no grammar.

Think it's actually "punctuation" you're thinkin about... :P

I'm bad for correcting peoples spelling and punctuation at work, when they're writing up ROs or what-have-ya...

Another thing I'm bad for is typing things out in full. For example, if we have an "OPSYS" to do on a unit, most guys write on the RO "OPSYS"... I always write it out full... "Operational Systems Service" I'm strange that way.... :P

You're not strange. It avoids confusion when spelled out clearly. Or at least if it is spelled out fully at the beginning. Or if there is an abbreviation chart on the page to refer to. There's nothing as frustrating as trying to read a document or set of instructions and every little thing is abbreviated or shortened without any reference.

People who complain about Walmart and say they never shop there because their products are cheap and don't last long, and are made in China by some kindergarden sweat shop, etc, etc, etc.

People .... its the EXACT SAME products that you buy in any other freakin' store!!!!!!!

If you don't want to shop there because of their business practices, or because you want to support local businesses, fine, thats comendable, more power to you. But to spout off such stupid BS that makes you sound like a complete ass .... Shessh ... :P

Seems a lot of people at my school hate Canada for some reason. I've been noticing a lot of people saying "fuck Canada" or "this country sucks". Doesn't bother me that much, but still.

Just shows how ignorant people really are these days. I'm quite sure they'd be more happy to live in a country where such a freedom of speech is punishable, most likely the country that they or their mommy and daddy immigrated from.

Being in Vancouver yesterday afternoon and watching everyone showing their Canadian patrioism was a refresshing change for me :D

"0MG! 1 @m 73h l337 n00b!"

Give it a rest... My mom can type better than you.

EDIT:When people don't shut up at a Reach For The Top match. When playing another school in Reach For The Top, there was this one bitch who couldn't shut the hell up when her team was conferring loudly (are you even allowed to do that!?) after out team gets a question wrong. Hell, she was even playing that round. And when she did play, she didn't even answer any questions. Worst part was when she said this towards us while we were walking to another room for another game: "I thought we were facing a harder team." That just set a few teammates off, myself included.

Less crime, less people, bigger houses, more friendlier people (including drivers)...

More crazy drivers. :D

Ummmm...... lol

Less crime? In Ottawa's suburbs we have higher crime rates than in Downtown. Simple prevention stops crime. We've never had problems and we live in an area most people call downtown. May I remind you where you got your iPhone stolen?

Less people? This is only good if your anti-social.

Bigger houses? You don't need a big house if you live in the city, since you typically don't need a car. Also bigger lots are useless. Bigger lots = more grass to mow. The less grass to mow the better.

More Friendlier People? I don't know about Toronto but in Ottawa, in the city we are just equally as friendly as rural people. I find the suburbanites of Ottawa are the stuck up people in this city.

People who:

-cannot spell

-no sense of grammar

Don't you mean have no sense of grammar :D?

For the record, I can't stand that either.

I'm also not a fan of that whole abbreviations thing. Anyone who knows me and chats with me on MSN knows that I use proper grammar on a regular basis.

I often find typos in newspapers, and this is another thing I dislike. It's almost as if someone fell asleep at the computer while writing or editing the stories. Maybe I should become a copy editor. Hmm, maybe there's still a chance for that, given my journalistic background...

Whatever, I wasn't competing with no one on here. I was just giving a demonstration of how my friends text each other on thier phones

I was saying that in general. That post wasn't directed at any board members.

Ummmm...... lol

Less crime? In Ottawa's suburbs we have higher crime rates than in Downtown. Simple prevention stops crime. We've never had problems and we live in an area most people call downtown. May I remind you where you got your iPhone stolen?

Okay, one bad apple. Besides that, I find the suburbs in Toronto much nicer to live than the city itself. Add all the suburb's crimes, and they're not even half of Toronto's.

Less people? This is only good if your anti-social.

True. Maybe I'm just not used to the "big city" feel anymore.

Bigger houses? You don't need a big house if you live in the city, since you typically don't need a car. Also bigger lots are useless. Bigger lots = more grass to mow. The less grass to mow the better.

I'll give this to you, since my parents are planning to move to a smaller house in Vaughan or Ajax in the future.

More Friendlier People? I don't know about Toronto but in Ottawa, in the city we are just equally as friendly as rural people. I find the suburbanites of Ottawa are the stuck up people in this city.

I've met a bunch of both in both the city and the suburbs, but I find the people in the suburbs are more relaxed and willing to give directions, help, etc. Even the drivers are much nicer in suburban transit systems.

Just my two cents. I understand a lot of cities are different though (like Paris...and Ottawa as you said).

Computer stores (Future Shop, London Drugs, etc.) trying to scam an extra $150 out of you to "set-up" your new computer for you.

1) Back up disks ... Toshiba and some other companies still provide a back up disk of Windows etc. So if there's no back up disk, I'm not buying the computer ... simple as that.

2) They'll take off trial programs that I may not want. If I haven't tried them yet, how do I know I don't want them?

3) Windows will be "customized" for me. Well, I've never used Windows 7 so how do I know what I want customized?

4) Security software will be updated and installed. Kinda like what I do every year myself?

Bottom line ... if I spend $800 on something, I expect to take it home, take it out of the box and use it. I work too hard for my money for you to try to squeeze extra $$$ for something completely useless to me so don't even ask .... <_<

Computer stores (Future Shop, London Drugs, etc.) trying to scam an extra $150 out of you to "set-up" your new computer for you.

1) Back up disks ... Toshiba and some other companies still provide a back up disk of Windows etc. So if there's no back up disk, I'm not buying the computer ... simple as that.

2) They'll take off trial programs that I may not want. If I haven't tried them yet, how do I know I don't want them?

3) Windows will be "customized" for me. Well, I've never used Windows 7 so how do I know what I want customized?

4) Security software will be updated and installed. Kinda like what I do every year myself?

Bottom line ... if I spend $800 on something, I expect to take it home, take it out of the box and use it. I work too hard for my money for you to try to squeeze extra $$$ for something completely useless to me so don't even ask .... <_<

hp cheaps out on not making backup disks, expects the consumer to do it! some hps can cost alot thats unacceptable that you make me make the disk myself! i dunno if dell does as well (wouldnt be suprised) they used to provide disks with everything that came with the computer