Peeves in everyday life...

Tranzit

hp cheaps out on not making backup disks, expects the consumer to do it! some hps can cost alot thats unacceptable that you make me make the disk myself! i dunno if dell does as well (wouldnt be suprised) they used to provide disks with everything that came with the computer

If I only have to pay a few hundred dollars for a computer, thats one thing, but when you get into $800-$1000 plus for a computer ... its unacceptable. Personally, I have a feeling this wasn't really the manufacturers idea, I'm willing to bet my bottom dollar that its more an idea of the big box electronic stores ... going up to the manufacturers, coming up with a computer that is a bit cheaper, saves the manufacturer a bit of money by not having to produce the discs (or manuals ... remember those? <_< ) and giving the big box companies a chance to make a nice amount of change for doing next to nothing.

Mormons, especially the ones you see on the street, in the subway, etc.

I can't stand how they sometimes follow people who clearly aren't interested in what they're saying. Yeah, I know, you want to show people the better life, but stop getting in everyone's face all the time. I've seen them accosting people on board a bus even. I know these guys are fishing for converts, but I've never been a fan of their approach. I saw two Mormon guys who couldn't have been much older than myself doing their thing today outside the Villa-Maria Metro station. One of them was following people and talking to them as they were crossing the street. I thought that that was a bit weird, and kind of inappropriate.

A few years ago, a Mormon guy approached me as I was leaving school and began his usual patter. I took of my hat and showed him my yarmulke (skull cap; I'm a religious Jew and I wear one on a regular basis). I said to him, "Listen, I understand what you're saying and all, but I am a proud Jew, and I have no intentions of changing that." He then said that the Mormon church "offered something better than that." "Okay, you can stop there," said I. "I am very happy with my religion, and have no intentions of abandoning it. I bid you good evening." I then walked away, making sure to dump the pamphlet he gave me in the nearest sewer hatch. What nerve.

Bear in mind that I am not against other religions. I just dislike how in-your-face the Mormon guys can get sometimes.

Teenagers who get waaaay too excited when they see a Ferrari or a Lamborghini pull into a parking lot <_< . No one ever gets excited when I pull in with my '88 Buick...In fact, they run away.

While I'm at it: People who pull into parking lots to show off their over-priced cars.

Mormons, especially the ones you see on the street, in the subway, etc.

I can't stand how they sometimes follow people who clearly aren't interested in what they're saying. Yeah, I know, you want to show people the better life, but stop getting in everyone's face all the time. I've seen them accosting people on board a bus even. I know these guys are fishing for converts, but I've never been a fan of their approach. I saw two Mormon guys who couldn't have been much older than myself doing their thing today outside the Villa-Maria Metro station. One of them was following people and talking to them as they were crossing the street. I thought that that was a bit weird, and kind of inappropriate.

A few years ago, a Mormon guy approached me as I was leaving school and began his usual patter. I took of my hat and showed him my yarmulke (skull cap; I'm a religious Jew and I wear one on a regular basis). I said to him, "Listen, I understand what you're saying and all, but I am a proud Jew, and I have no intentions of changing that." He then said that the Mormon church "offered something better than that." "Okay, you can stop there," said I. "I am very happy with my religion, and have no intentions of abandoning it. I bid you good evening." I then walked away, making sure to dump the pamphlet he gave me in the nearest sewer hatch. What nerve.

Bear in mind that I am not against other religions. I just dislike how in-your-face the Mormon guys can get sometimes.

Reminds me of the Jehovah's Witnesses that used to be at the senior's home I used to work at.

When people like that approach me, (I still can't figure out why they'd approach a teenager) they're usually in that outrageosly pursuasive-polite form, (perfect opportunity for manipulation) and I just bullshit them with crap about the Leafs and then they leave soon after as its a lost cause. Or I point out that its against the by-law to solicit on the subway and accuse them of being criminals. I feel like such a jerk doing that, (also like a fool) but it feels sooooo good. ;)

But if you're religious, maybe you can try at an attempt at converting him to your religion for a change.

When people like that approach me, (I still can't figure out why they'd approach a teenager) they're usually in that outrageosly pursuasive-polite form, (perfect opportunity for manipulation) and I just bullshit them with crap about the Leafs and then they leave soon after as its a lost cause. Or I point out that its against the by-law to solicit on the subway and accuse them of being criminals. I feel like such a jerk doing that, (also like a fool) but it feels sooooo good. :)

But if you're religious, maybe you can try at an attempt at converting him to your religion for a change.

Hmm, that might be an interesting tactic. I'll have to try it sometime, just to see what the reaction will be. I'll be sure to post the result here when I do ;). These guys are outrageously polite and persuasive, just like salesmen or telemarketers (I used to be one, so I know how it works). They're also kind of robotic, in a sense, because they're all programmed to do the same thing - reprogram other people, or at least try to. Let's see what happens when someone tries to reprogram them ;)! "Error! Error! Cannot compute! Counter-missionary tactics overloading CPU! ;)" And then, they switch over to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints version of the Blue Screen of Death. Priceless :lol:.

Ever wonder why you'll never see a Jewish person doing missionary work? Here is the reason why. Judaism is what is known as a "closed missionary" religion. This means that we don't engage in missionary activity like the Mormons and others do, and we generally do not accept converts, for according to Jewish law, Judaism is intended only for the people of Israel, or something like that (I learned all of this in a religion course that I took last semeseter). Despite this, there have been numerous successful conversions to Judaism over the years. My aunt's sister's husband is an example of this.

(P.S., you'll notice the phrase "Hoyzik Macher" in my signature. In Yiddish, this means a person who pokes fun at others. Kind of appropriate to mention that in this case, I'd say, although I don't mean any harm by any of this.)

-Forumers who quote LONG posts, even posts with a whole lot of large pictures, and all they say is LOL or Good pics or something. It's nice to compliment, but I just son't like scrolling 743 miles of webpages just to see a mono-word reply. :P

Teenagers who get waaaay too excited when they see a Ferrari or a Lamborghini pull into a parking lot :P . No one ever gets excited when I pull in with my '88 Buick...In fact, they run away.

maybe next time if i see your car ill freak out "omg! its a buick" lol i know what you mean, i must admit if i see something rare it captures my attention and i do say if theres other people with me "cool! thats a (insert exotic car name) "but i dont freak out about it, in fact once i was driving along rutherford i was waiting at the light behind a Bentley and im like "sweet" but i was not freaking out about it but some guys in a car beside me in the left turning lane "wow, thats sweet" and they held up the lane for a few extra seconds!

Teenagers who get waaaay too excited when they see a Ferrari or a Lamborghini pull into a parking lot :P . No one ever gets excited when I pull in with my '88 Buick...In fact, they run away.

We I'm sure other people wouldn't get excited if they saw a Fishbowl enter a parking lot. ;)

Everytime I want to hear my favorite part of a song or hear something imposrtant on the TV or radio, my mother always talks loudly or handle objects with so much rucuss I can not even hear what I wanted to hear.

And for some reason she always bangs stuff around like something is always the problem.

Wapanese people. They're bad enough on the internet, but when you have to listen to them in person.....ugh.
lol "wapanese" i see tons of them at fanexpo, they go nuts on their costumes

I used to be one of those people. Grown over it. Though I do admit seeing teenagers wearing costumes do make me laugh at times (for their nice creativity).

Anime North anyone?

Wapanese people. They're bad enough on the internet, but when you have to listen to them in person.....ugh.

Oh man... I hate thoes people. We actually have them in my school, it makes the people who actually are half-asian look bad. I might look white but I'm actually half filipino and PROUD OF IT!!

Speaking of peeves, people who claim they're from a place like NY or London. But aren't really from there and just like telling stories.

-Bryan "Goggles" Gal

People who say something totally wrong, you then correct them and they pretend they knew it all along, it's cute in movies but not so much in real life.

or people who try to tell you some thing they don't know. For example:

P1: "I know all the numbers in Pi!"

P2: "Really, Prove it."

P1: "No, I you got to say it first. I want to make sure you know."

At school, i hate guys who hang out in the washroom. Because when you go in there it feels like there watching you.....its very uncomfortable.

For good reason, when you've got guys hanging out in the bathroom they're either waiting for somebody to beat up, get drugs from or... get a victim and do something illicit. I've heard the story's and don't like hanging out there... unless its church then i find a stall and hide in there the whole time...

Back on peeves, people who decide to stop and look at something while you're in a rush to get somewhere and you've got no where else to go...

-Bryan "Goggles" Gal

people that put "custom" mufflers on their cars that make tons of noise and think they are "cool". they are NOT cool, they are annoying! And I don't want to hear them! (no offense to anyone here that may have one, I just get annoyed by them. ESPECIALLY when they are on some kind of "lower cost" car).

people that put "custom" mufflers on their cars that make tons of noise and think they are "cool". they are NOT cool, they are annoying! And I don't want to hear them! (no offense to anyone here that may have one, I just get annoyed by them. ESPECIALLY when they are on some kind of "lower cost" car).

I hate it because it drains out the sound of a hybrid bus.

A friend of mine wants to share his pet peeve. He hates it when people go to The Sherbrooke Liquor Store http://www.sherbrookeliquor.com/ (where they have Canada's largest beer selection) and come out with....Bud Lite.

sounds like quite the liqour store, we only have the beer store and LCBO, if you want a beer/liqour you have to go there (this is sorta a peeve)