Collisions and Incidents thread

Express691

51 minutes ago, ThomasW97 said:

034 got struck by a tree when it pulled into 29th Ave station about 30 mins ago

needless to say, smashed window and broken poles. A young lady was hit in the head by a branch and left blood on the floor

034? You mean 2134? 2234? The coach doing run 34 on line group 016?

49 minutes ago, SkyTrain said:

A knife fight between a 60 year-old man and a 67 year-old man appear to have broken out on 2106 in East Vancouver

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/police-investigate-stabbing-on-east-vancouver-bus-1.4230874#_gus&_gucid=&_gup=twitter&_gsc=ud7Aeld

I guess the Christmas spirit didn't get to them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThomasW97 said:

7277 was struck by a dump truck sustaining significant damage to the rear doors on the 18th and is most likely done, i forgot to post it till now

I know, not the best of ways to start off the new year 

Confirmed it's done. I spotted it on the retirement line at RTC on December 21st. Since I was able to only view the left side I'll check tomorrow when I return to work to see if it's still at RTC & see if I can spot the damage on the right? By any chance did the MVA occur at east 49th Ave & Boundary Rd? I remember hearing or reading about a MVA in that intersection around that time not knowing that in fact CMBC was involved.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2019 at 1:17 PM, Community Shuttle said:

Wow, good thing Translink got rid of those, they were a full of problems.

Thankfully everyone made it out without injury.

Does anyone know which ex Translink IC bus this was and which company operated it at the time?

1 hour ago, Thomasw said:

Wow, good thing Translink got rid of those, they were a full of problems.

Thankfully everyone made it out without injury.

Does anyone know which ex Translink IC bus this was and which company opened it at the time?

Many of these had their numbers taken off by WCR before being passed off to Burnaby Repo for public sale. The outlines of the numbers usually remained but everywhere it could've been on this bus was hit by the fire.

As to operator, Ace Hire Car would be my best guess. All of Landsea's ex-TL units are white, the Port Moody airport bus is wrapped and every other one still in the original paint job is owned by a random farm in Surrey. Ace is the only company I know that owns one of these in its original paint and does charters/shuttle services. They used it for the accent inn shuttle in Richmond before purchasing an ex-TL Aerotech and using that for the inn instead.

2 hours ago, Urban_Monkey Transit said:

Again? Was it the propane engine messing up again?

These were Internationals with the Maxxforce (aka Maxxfarce) diesels. These ah... didn't have the best reputation, even in medium duty trucks. Damn near bankrupted International (and many of the companies that bought these trucks.)

20 hours ago, DD453T said:

These were Internationals with the Maxxforce (aka Maxxfarce) diesels. These ah... didn't have the best reputation, even in medium duty trucks. Damn near bankrupted International (and many of the companies that bought these trucks.)

Also made the 2008-2010 Ford Super Duty diesels the worst of them all. The Ford/ElDorado party bus that caught on fire downtown a couple years ago had a Maxxforce but the fire wasn't from the engine though.