YRT Retirements

so who is going to organize a thomas slf charter before they ARE gone for good?
Good idea there! Some of you YRTers ought to charter one, sure they are crap but after all they WERE the first buses YRT ever got new, so they do have some significance...not to mention the SLF isn't very dominant in Ontario anyways (or even the GTA for that matter).

How 'bout a Christmas lights tour? :D

What about 9901?

YESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ive been waiting for this rather great news for years!

the slfs were the most annoying buses around...the beeping sound when the rear door closes and its unreliability and harsh ride....

Haven't rode the Solos have you?

I'll organize a one-way charter to cottage country. Then it's bonfire night.

Beers anyone? lol

Good idea there! Some of you YRTers ought to charter one, sure they are crap but after all they WERE the first buses YRT ever got new, so they do have some significance...not to mention the SLF isn't very dominant in Ontario anyways (or even the GTA for that matter).

You know what...that might not be a bad idea, but the problem is who is actually gonna come?

8912 has been parked with the retired buses beside Woodbine. I guess its safe to say that bus is gone.

I haven't really been paying attention to retirements and bike racks for the past week or so. If 8912 is parked beside woodbine with the other retired buses, then IMO it's safe to say it IS retired.

Do you mean the old route 18 before it was retired or the current route 18 Bur Oak?

He means current 18. I remember when it was a 30ft route, summer rush hours was an Orion I (rush) and EZR (midday).

Of course, that was only for a few days before summer school loads required the midday trip to be a 40ft (it was the bus that happened to serve both bell times in the correct direction). In that case, it was usually VI or occasionally a Classic.

I heard it from someone who was with me when I rode the PCCs on St Clair and 6688 and 2439 on 90. He mentioned 9401 was bought by a private individual and they appearently have a baby fishbowl; (possibly ex Stratford 7322)? ;)

I'm not 100% on the rumour, but I didn't say anything about 9401 prior.

Where did you hear this?? Did the source say "who" purchased it??

Also, 8919 and 8922 are now retired.

Any news on their Orion I's. Are they up for execution this month?

Markham Units: 2034-2036 are parked where vivablue5215 stated.

Vaughan Units: 522-525 are parked at Metro-Canada Logistics on Creditstone similar to where the ex-UTA Classics were parked before their disposal.

Newmarket - Aurora Units: 8602, 8801, 9001-9002 are active.

Tell Miller Management to keep 8914 and 8917 until December 30th, so i can do one last video of a YRT D40.

i believe they are both already retired. 8917 has been parked in the back of the shop for a few days now and i believe 8914 is parked in the retired lineup (i can't recall for sure tho, thats why i did not post it yet)