YRT Retirements

Same number and same plates so: it must be the same bus. It appears one photo was taken before they applied a front number.

Well, the first 939 picture was taken while I was in the yard, while the second one was taken inside the garage just before I left, if it helps.

Something strange is going on over here...

Well, the first 939 picture was taken while I was in the yard, while the second one was taken inside the garage just before I left, if it helps.

Something strange is going on over here...

Perhaps It was inside to get its front fleet number applied that day, and when you got back to the yard later that day they had finished applying it?

Perhaps It was inside to get its front fleet number applied that day, and when you got back to the yard later that day they had finished applying it?

I have a photo of 939 after the 2051 Charter with the front fleet number already applied.

I don't think so. This all happened on the same day. When I arrived there, I saw two D40LFs in the garage - 711, which appeared to be either prepping for service or being repaired, and 939. Then, when I went outside to the bus lot, there was a second 939 parked with the other '09 D40LFs. This was the one that had the front fleet number already applied.

I know what you're all thinking, and you're right. This is very strange.

Maybe one of the 939s is from the future and time travel has been invented sometime before 939 is retired and someone took it back in time! :lol:

I don't think so. This all happened on the same day. When I arrived there, I saw two D40LFs in the garage - 711, which appeared to be either prepping for service or being repaired, and 939. Then, when I went outside to the bus lot, there was a second 939 parked with the other '09 D40LFs. This was the one that had the front fleet number already applied.

Same plates, same unit. The MTO wouldn't issue 2 sets of the same plate. Unless someone really screwed up and the "two" units both have different rear plates...

Honestly, they probably had it in the shop for work (and number application) and the guy inside in your picture moved it outside into the lot before you saw it out there. The simplest answers can be the best ones.

Your mind must be playing tricks on you, cause MTO would never issue a duplicate licence plate in such a case. :lol:

Anyone ever hear of bootleg plates? :P

But yes, the mechanic/yard personnel must've moved it out after applying the front numbers while your back was turned. The only logical answer.

But.. which pic was taken first? If it was inside-outside, the above theory holds true, if the reverse, then I have no idea... unless it was the reverse, taking off the fleet numbers? <_<

Just looked at the order of the pics in my camera. The outside shot was taken before the one in the garage. The garage shot was the last picture I took before I left Miller.

Probably redoing the fleet numbers? When I went to Miller a few weeks ago, I noticed some of the front fleet numbers' fonts/placement were off slightly.

Well, looks like we'll be seeing 9401 in movies and TV shows now. :P

Glad to hear that some of the Is have received new licence stickers, though that doesn't guarantee they'll last until December 2010. Just means they'll be sticking around until some point in 2010, probably until the new EZ Riders are received.

not neccesarilly, a film company owns a markham solo and by luck on flickr i stumbled upon the guy who is in charge of vehicles for that company and he said it hasnt been used in any production so far. i dont understand why the film companies buy modern oddball 30ftt lowfloors, the fishbowl and old look i understand they are usefull for movies set in the past

Maybe it will be used in the future for a TV program/commercial that involves someone in a wheelchair gets on a bus.

not neccesarilly, a film company owns a markham solo and by luck on flickr i stumbled upon the guy who is in charge of vehicles for that company and he said it hasnt been used in any production so far. i dont understand why the film companies buy modern oddball 30ftt lowfloors, the fishbowl and old look i understand they are usefull for movies set in the past

Today I went down to Islington Avenue and Judson Street to see if ex-Markham Transit bus 2056 is still located at that yard. I regret to inform everyone that the bus is not there anymore. Maybe it went out for a movie shoot or something?

2056 was not there when I went to visit GO Willowbrook in October 09.

Sorry... couldnt get better pics, but here is 2006 safe and sound in Newmarket... No License plates, and lost her GM plate. (did she have one when retired?)

I think so, I remember seeing it on one of cmc12's shots of it sitting at Bowes and wondered why someone hadn't taken it yet!