YRT Retirements

Should be at Veolia's Newmarket division (at least that's where it was spotted last), which is around Aspenwood and Yonge (just north of Davis Drive). It's right beside the GO garage.

It's not easy to get shots... you need to cross a parking lot on the south side and peer through a chain link fence, or else walk down the (private) driveway leading to both garages.

and the bus itself can not be seen as it is inside the building.... its on the side facing the GO transit retired buses.....but i will try to snap a pic or 2 on saturday, when i am up there next....

Veolia, north portion, is easy to view via the service road behind the Superstore (it's a public road as far as I know), the south portion is visible from Aspenwood Drive, near route 53 stop 5702. You have to enter the south Colonial Chevrolet parking lot, behind the Sunoco, to get to the fence. The only other way to view it, as mentioned above, is via the Colonial Chevrolet back area. Mind you, this is private property, though I see countless people walk through it to get from Wal Mart to the Superstore.

In fact, I saw one person thinking that they can get to Aspenwood from the Superstore through Veolia. A transit operator in the yard stopped her. :lol:

The other issue is that, as Viva Black mentioned, the bus is inside the garage, and thus, only visible if the garage door of the bay it is in is open. Not only that, but the outside parked buses generally block the view of the garage bays. The only time most of the buses are out of the yard, making all bays visible, is during the morning and evening rushes.

Veolia, north portion, is easy to view via the service road behind the Superstore (it's a public road as far as I know), the south portion is visible from Aspenwood Drive, near route 53 stop 5702. You have to enter the south Colonial Chevrolet parking lot, behind the Sunoco, to get to the fence. The only other way to view it, as mentioned above, is via the Colonial Chevrolet back area. Mind you, this is private property, though I see countless people walk through it to get from Wal Mart to the Superstore.

In fact, I saw one person thinking that they can get to Aspenwood from the Superstore through Veolia. A transit operator in the yard stopped her. :lol:

The other issue is that, as Viva Black mentioned, the bus is inside the garage, and thus, only visible if the garage door of the bay it is in is open. Not only that, but the outside parked buses generally block the view of the garage bays. The only time most of the buses are out of the yard, making all bays visible, is during the morning and evening rushes.

Thanks for the info.

If I have time I'll stop by.

GOOD NEWS!

9001 now has a new licence sticker, valid until December 2010! Upon closer inspection of the pics I took of 8602 & 9002 tonight, they appear to have them too! Looks like they'll be around for (part of) 2010 :D

Anyways, tonight:

8602 @ First Student, signed for Route 33

9001 on 58/34

9002 on 84A

Anyone know if 1045/1046 have been seeing any service lately?

Well, looks like we'll be seeing 9401 in movies and TV shows now. :D

Glad to hear that some of the Is have received new licence stickers, though that doesn't guarantee they'll last until December 2010. Just means they'll be sticking around until some point in 2010, probably until the new EZ Riders are received.

Wasn't sure where to post this, but I just found something very strange while going through my photos from my visit to Miller.

There apparently are two '09 D40LFs at Miller numbered 939 :lol:! The difference between the two is that one has a front fleet number, while the other does not. Here are the photos.

939 #1 (Parked outside; has front fleet number)

YRT_939__A1_.jpg

939 #2 (Parked inside, has no front fleet number)

YRT_939__A2_.jpg

Why would YRT have two buses with the same fleet number? This is very weird.

Wasn't sure where to post this, but I just found something very strange while going through my photos from my visit to Miller.

There apparently are two '09 D40LFs at Miller numbered 939 :lol:! The difference between the two is that one has a front fleet number, while the other does not. Here are the photos.

939 #1 (Parked outside; has front fleet number)

YRT_939__A1_.jpg

939 #2 (Parked inside, has no front fleet number)

YRT_939__A2_.jpg

Why would YRT have two buses with the same fleet number? This is very weird.

Same number and same plates so: it must be the same bus. It appears one photo was taken before they applied a front number.