YRT Retirements

I think so, I remember seeing it on one of cmc12's shots of it sitting at Bowes and wondered why someone hadn't taken it yet!

Yep, the emblem was on from when I recall it at the yard. When the Google Street View car went by Bowes, it showed 2006 with its emblem on: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=43....,158.74,,2,5.08

If worse comes to worse, it shouldn't be difficult to get a new emblem, especially since 7526 should still have its.

Yep, the emblem was on from when I recall it at the yard. When the Google Street View car went by Bowes, it showed 2006 with its emblem on: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=43....,158.74,,2,5.08

If worse comes to worse, it shouldn't be difficult to get a new emblem, especially since 7526 should still have its.

It did.

3555708828_54aa40576e_m.jpg

Maybe YRT removed 2006's GM plate in case they should repaint it into the Markham Transit livery and they have it somewhere.

Also, if they do paint it into Markham colours, would they do the original Markham Transit scheme, or the scheme it was in when Markham Transit became part of YRT?

not neccesarilly, a film company owns a markham solo and by luck on flickr i stumbled upon the guy who is in charge of vehicles for that company and he said it hasnt been used in any production so far. i dont understand why the film companies buy modern oddball 30ftt lowfloors, the fishbowl and old look i understand they are usefull for movies set in the past

update, it was sent for scrap, i asked that guy via flickr.

• 3 weeks later...
Maybe YRT removed 2006's GM plate in case they should repaint it into the Markham Transit livery and they have it somewhere.

Also, if they do paint it into Markham colours, would they do the original Markham Transit scheme, or the scheme it was in when Markham Transit became part of YRT?

You mean the arrow scheme?

Apparantley the retired buses at Miller have begun to be removed from the property, (I believe off to some scrap place in Port Perry).

Probably Langille's Scrap And Cores/Port Perry Salvage, I don't know how they are to visitors (unlike the Bradford yard :) ). It looks like they have many cars, so I wouldn't be surprised if they are open to the public.

Probably Langille's Scrap And Cores/Port Perry Salvage, I don't know how they are to visitors (unlike the Bradford yard :) ). It looks like they have many cars, so I wouldn't be surprised if they are open to the public.

I asked one of the guy who's towing 2051 on a flatbed, they rip into pieces right away using their trust excavator because they need the land space! Visitors..... I have my doubts as they deal with company clients.

The first name is right, Langille's.

Ya thats the one I saw 530 there on Saturday through the fence with a bunch of Uhaul trucks piled on top of it. They are more of a truck/heavy equipment scrapper.

Ya thats the one I saw 530 there on Saturday through the fence with a bunch of Uhaul trucks piled on top of it. They are more of a truck/heavy equipment scrapper.

that would be interesting to see. would you mind taking a pic or two next time you are around there?

There goes my chances of getting a roll sign :) . Oh well, at least I got some farewell pics from my visit to Miller in December...

Why would you say that? I believe all the roll signs were removed from the buses before being sent for scrap. I'd still try contacting the region see what they say.