YRT Retirements

What about the Orion I's?

Miller and Can-Ar have retired all their Orion Is, so if you want to see them go to First Student. I think the best routes now to find them are the GO shuttles (220, 222, 223 - all serve different GO stations), as well as 34, 84A/C and 58/A. Best advice would come from a Newmarket resident though.

In Newmarket/Aurora the buses can go everywhere and anywhere because of the the way their (STUPID) shifts are set up. My best advice like others have said would be to go to Aurora GO and wait out a few departures, you're bound to find at least one or two. I wouldn't bother going to Newmarket to find an I these days because it's very unlikely, I would just stick around Aurora.

Thanks.

So is the best way to fan to just go to the major terminals and go stations?

Fanning in this system seems pretty difficult.

It's not that difficult, some board members have navigated Sunday service here before.

When in doubt, go to major terminals, GO stations, or just stick to Yonge Street, since if you fail you can then just take VIVA back to Finch.

What about the Orion I's?

As mentioned before, stick around Aurora GO Station. 2021, the last 40 footer, tends to be here always (Usually 33, 34, or 222). The 30 footers tend to be out on Routes 22 (mostly AM, usually 9001) and 84 (both peaks, usually 8801). Havn't seen or heard of 8602 & 9002 recently though.

If you're not interested in travelling all the way to Aurora, both 22 and 84 pass by Yonge and King Road.

If you want to see Can-Ar's retired Orions, they are visible on Creditstone between Langstaff and Rutherford on the east side. A few select trips on Route 20 Jane-Concord pass right by there.

As mentioned before, stick around Aurora GO Station. 2021, the last 40 footer, tends to be here always (Usually 33, 34, or 222). The 30 footers tend to be out on Routes 22 (mostly AM, usually 9001) and 84 (both peaks, usually 8801). Havn't seen or head of 9002 recently though.

If you're not interested in travelling all the way to Aurora, both 22 and 84 pass by Yonge and King Road.

If you want to see Can-Ar's retired Orions, they are visible on Creditstone between Langstaff and Rutherford on the east side. A few select trips on Route 20 Jane-Concord pass right by there.

Or even better, walk into Miller during the weekday and ask if you can take some pictures of the retired ones that they still have sitting around, 99% of the time they will let you, though advice, go around 1PM when their operations supervisor isn't as busy! It might be good to take advantage of that and take photos of the Classics and D40's while you're at it.

If you want some active Orion I's...go to Brampton :blink: Still a good chance of seeing either 8899 or 9015 at BCC or one of the few Sandalwood I's out.

The YRT "short bus" Orion I's were always easy to find at Aurora GO, especially right after getting off a GO train. But beware of the ElDorados that might be more prominent.

I rode both Orion 1s today. You beat me to posting the info!

I went by First Student garage today. 7526 is still sitting at the far north-east corner, and 9701 has joined it. It may be an idea to e-mail YRT about what they are doing with these two buses. 7526 has been collecting dust in First Student for a number of months now and 9701 hasn't seen service (as far as we know) for some time.

2021 was in Aurora today, 8801 on 84.

I rode both Orion 1s today. You beat me to posting the info!

:P

As mentioned before, if you don't want to go as far north as Aurora, and want to stick around the Yonge corridor, try the Yonge/King Road intersection. You get to see route 84 (where there's a good chance of a I) and route 22 (oddballs appear on this route every so often).

:P

As mentioned before, if you don't want to go as far north as Aurora, and want to stick around the Yonge corridor, try the Yonge/King Road intersection. You get to see route 84 (where there's a good chance of a I) and route 22 (oddballs appear on this route every so often).

It isn't the best area for photography though.

It isn't the best area for photography though.

The one good thing about the area is that many 84 drivers lay-over at that intersection (to eat at Harveys, and/or because there's a lot of room on the eastbound side). But yes, other than that, there's a lot of traffic, both vehicular and pedestrian.

They should rip the seats off 2048/51 so they don't do to waste. Put it in a pre-07 D40LF and I'll have 2 less D40LFs to hate. LOL

^

The D40LF part is a joke so don't start a huge argument with me on ths again!!!

If you think or know it's going to start an argument, why did you bother to put it in your post?

They should rip the seats off 2048/51 so they don't do to waste. Put it in a pre-07 D40LF and I'll have 2 less D40LFs to hate. LOL

^

Sigh, ya know, if you're posting something like this, and think it might ignite the rages of a few people who are tired of reading things like this, it may be best to think twice before hitting the "Add Reply" button.

I know I'm not the only one thinking this. The odd bit of humour is fine, but one needs to know their limit.

I have to agree with the three above to posts.

^

Please don't post stuff like this anymore. Quite honestly no one really cares for your posts like this one. Some find anoying and have said so in the past.

I have to agree with the three above to posts.

Please don't post stuff like this anymore. Quite honestly no one really cares for your posts like this one. Some find anoying and have said so in the past.

Noted.

How about this:

They should rip the seats off 2048/51 so they don't do to waste.