Today's Special Sightings

I was told GO often put Orion V on Stouffville. GO sometimes use Orion V on Sunday as well!

Yeah, I can follow up on that. I've seen quite a few Orion V on that route.

I have never, ever seen one in Stouffville, so that's why I posted it here, not in General. The run that it was on is run normally by a 22XX, so I thought it might've been a change-off.

I saw some New Flyer D40LF's at the Scarborough Town Centre today while I took the 190 to work. They were 7325 and 7343 though the latter's sign said TRAINING BUS. Anyways, what's a Queensway-division bus doing there? Visiting all the divisions? :angry:

2017 was also on the 96 this afternoon.

7660 was sitting in the Arrow Rd deadline today.

You mean 7660 is a GM Newlook or an Orion VII?

I saw some New Flyer D40LF's at the Scarborough Town Centre today while I took the 190 to work. They were 7325 and 7343 though the latter's sign said TRAINING BUS. Anyways, what's a Queensway-division bus doing there? Visiting all the divisions? :angry:

A VII, hence some members were happy. Almost everyone is sad when A Fishie retires.

It has been said that Route 131 is commonly used to train operators and that there will be times other divisions will train on it, Eglinton does this the most frequently. Earlier this year I found Arrow Road's 7600 and an RTS(I forgot which one) at STC.

It has been said that Route 131 is commonly used to train operators and that there will be times other divisions will train on it, Eglinton does this the most frequently. Earlier this year I found Arrow Road's 7600 and an RTS(I forgot which one) at STC.

Can someone tell me/us why 131 is a common route to train drivers on?

With two D40LF's not present on Queensway routes during the PM Rush, that would guarantee at least one accessibility violation (as Queensway needs 49 for the PM IIRC).

Anyways, this morning I was late for school and as I got off 5100 at St. George, I heard the westbound train coming. I was in such a hurry that I almost didn't notice that it was an H5! Knowing that this was probably one of the few chances I'd get, I rode 5710 one stop to Spadina where I switched back to YUS and barely made it to school on time. The ride was so wierd, the best part was the chopper control entering Spadina. 5786-87 was also in that H5 set.

:o 7836 on the 91D....hmmm :angry:

Well, another what the heck. First orion VII on 91 Woodbine. It shoukld be accessible. ;):lol: Come on another intresting violation.

I have never, ever seen one in Stouffville, so that's why I posted it here, not in General. The run that it was on is run normally by a 22XX, so I thought it might've been a change-off.

:D:P:D seems like another visitor.

With two D40LF's not present on Queensway routes during the PM Rush, that would guarantee at least one accessibility violation (as Queensway needs 49 for the PM IIRC).

Anyways, this morning I was late for school and as I got off 5100 at St. George, I heard the westbound train coming. I was in such a hurry that I almost didn't notice that it was an H5! Knowing that this was probably one of the few chances I'd get, I rode 5710 one stop to Spadina where I switched back to YUS and barely made it to school on time. The ride was so wierd, the best part was the chopper control entering Spadina. 5786-87 was also in that H5 set.

And wouldn't you be happy about that since you get the chance to spot the violation and report it.

By any chance did you ride a the last car of a T1 set on the Spadina Line? Were you putting on a dress shirt over an orange T-shirt while on the train? I ask this because I noticed a student do this today, he got on at Spadina IIRC and got off at St.Clair West.

Well, another what the heck. First orion VII on 91 Woodbine. It shoukld be accessible. :):P Come on another intresting violation.

First off, it's no where near the first time that a VII has been on Woodbine. Hell, there were days prior to most of the routes being made accessible where virtually all buses on Woodbine were VII's.

Second, it's not that big a deal as Birchmount has many more VII's than they need for service, plus theirs are fairly new meaning that they will be more reliable than the older ones.

One peculiar sighting today....caught 1000 stopped eastbound on York Mills just east of Leslie at about 10:40 this morning. It did not appear to be driven by an operator, OR by a mechanic. Driver was wearing a clean grey uniform with grey vest and a small TTC crest. Instructor perhaps?

Dan

Guest CantonBus107

I spotted the NEW FLYER D40LFR "Frameless" on Yonge St. heading south today at around 12 Noon infront of North York Civic. Too bad I didnt have my camera with me during lunch and spare.

I spotted the NEW FLYER D40LFR "Frameless" on Yonge St. heading south today at around 12 Noon infront of North York Civic. Too bad I didnt have my camera with me during lunch and spare.

What do you mean by frameless, like frameless side windows or was this a Mississauga Transit 2006 D40LFR?

Christiano

And wouldn't you be happy about that since you get the chance to spot the violation and report it.

I already have.

By any chance did you ride a the last car of a T1 set on the Spadina Line? Were you putting on a dress shirt over an orange T-shirt while on the train? I ask this because I noticed a student do this today, he got on at Spadina IIRC and got off at St.Clair West.

No.

Guest CantonBus107

Framless Side Windows.

What do you mean by frameless, like frameless side windows or was this a Mississauga Transit 2006 D40LFR?

Christiano

One of my most rarest sightting on the worst of days (I never had my camera): I saw and rode Queensway D40 6426 on Wilson based route 29 Dufferin today, yes your reading correct New Flyer D40 6426 on 29. I was shocked when it pulled up at Eglinton and Dufferin. It was on 29S and the driver said he was short turning at College. While I was riding it it brought back some childhood memories of me riding Wilson based D40s on 29.

One of my most rarest sightting on the worst of days (I never had my camera): I saw and rode Queensway D40 6426 on Wilson based route 29 Dufferin today, yes your reading correct New Flyer D40 6426 on 29. I was shocked when it pulled up at Eglinton and Dufferin. It was on 29S and the driver said he was short turning at College. While I was riding it it brought back some childhood memories of me riding Wilson based D40s on 29.

:):P:huh:

Wow, BTW, when did Wilson have the D40's? And how was 6426 at getting up the hills? LOL!

:):P:huh:

Wow, BTW, when did Wilson have the D40's? And how was 6426 at getting up the hills? LOL!

I was taking it southbound so the only uphill part was coming up from going under the CN bridge at Dupont and the hills in between Eglinton and Rogers, it did alright on them. I'm not sure when exactly there were D40s and I think D901s also at Wilson but I think there were some there around 1996-1998 because I remember riding some on 29 when I was 4-6 years old.

2615 was on the 96 this afternoon.

So was 2611 on a 96E run

I also saw this too at Wilson Station, you should have seen my mouth drop lol. Im guessing it was a changeoff and somewhere on the southern end of 29 route a bus broke down?

I was taking it southbound so the only uphill part was coming up from going under the CN bridge at Dupont and the hills in between Eglinton and Rogers, it did alright on them. I'm not sure when exactly there were D40s and I think D901s also at Wilson but I think there were some there around 1996-1998 because I remember riding some on 29 when I was 4-6 years old.

I took it when I was coming home, and I did ride it up the hill at Davenport. It did all right on the hills, but the bus in general was really slow, even when not going uphill. It kind of reminded me why I don't particularly like the D40HF's...but that's another story.