Today's Special Sightings

2819 was on the 39E run 34 this afternoon. There was transmission problem and at least 7 buses passed by 2819 while travelling westbound from Don Mills to Finch section.

That's typical, 2819 is a Newlook and it's not special if 7 96 Vs pass by it especially if it was climbing a hill. LOL. :lol:

There was a medical emergency aboard 7206 on route 60 westbound on Steeles at Carpenter about 7:30 p.m.

Also, there was a big accident on Steeles westbound at New Westminster and westbound 60 buses were detouring via New Westminster and Conley. I saw that around 7:30 p.m. as well.

I think it was the problem on the driver rather than the bus.

Rode 7004 run 34 Finch East 39E eastbound again this afternoon and it was the same driver, it was crush load and the driver was driving less than 50km/hr all the way, all buses (Express or local) even fishbowls passed 7004, I am not sure if he was a new driver or not and his bus was finally shortturned at Kennedy.

That's typical, 2819 is a Newlook and it's not special if 7 96 Vs pass by it especially if it was climbing a hill. LOL. :)

Rode 7004 run 34 Finch East 39E eastbound again this afternoon and it was the same driver, it was crush load and the driver was driving less than 50km/hr all the way, all buses (Express or local) even fishbowls passed 7004, I am not sure if he was a new driver or not and his bus was finally shortturned at Kennedy.

Ah, so the driver was dawdling around. Oh so many times when I could have made my connection within seconds if only they didn't dawdle. I have found less drivers spend time dawdling with Fishbowls probably because its slow, but too often drivers in Orion V like to do this.

Ah, so the driver was dawdling around. Oh so many times when I could have made my connection within seconds if only they didn't dawdle. I have found less drivers spend time dawdling with Fishbowls probably because its slow, but too often drivers in Orion V like to do this.

Just wanted to make a point about dawdling... If a YRT driver dawdles it's 99% of the time because he would be running ahead of schedule because there is too much time between point A and point B, so instead of sitting somewhere for 5 minutes the driver will drive a bit slower than normal. Although the scenario mentioned here doesn't seem like the TTC driver was behind schedule.

Just wanted to make a point about dawdling... If a YRT driver dawdles it's 99% of the time because he would be running ahead of schedule because there is too much time between point A and point B, so instead of sitting somewhere for 5 minutes the driver will drive a bit slower than normal. Although the scenario mentioned here doesn't seem like the TTC driver was behind schedule.

YRT drivers love to stop for 5min and then speed. The TTC drivers are the ones that dawd. I think TTC drivers are more fuel conservative since dawdling doesn't waste as much fuel as stoping for a break then speeding off at high speeds (cough*YRT99 at night*cough).

YRT drivers love to stop for 5min and then speed. The TTC drivers are the ones that dawd. I think TTC drivers are more fuel conservative since dawdling doesn't waste as much fuel as stoping for a break then speeding off at high speeds (cough*YRT99 at night*cough).

Ok. Well at least the drivers i know about dawdle more. Its better that way anywayz if there is too much time in the schedule because at least then the timing points are still matched.

My driver friend told me that some drivers like to be late so that they can get short turened. One thing I wonder is wouldn't they get in trouble if their late by their supervisors and also wouldn't they get into fights with angry riders?

Anyways, 6708 was 20 today morning.

My driver friend told me that some drivers like to be late so that they can get short turened. One thing I wonder is wouldn't they get in trouble if their late by their supervisors and also wouldn't they get into fights with angry riders?

Anyways, 6708 was 20 today morning.

It does happen, but rarely. Usually, they want to be early not late. Less work, stops, headaches etc,. that way. The only way they would get in trouble with the supervisors is if it can be proven they are in slow operation intentionally, and how are they going to prove that? Fights? I never seen physical assaults, sure there is a lot of hissing and sneering and dirty looks, etc,. Once, I was on a bus and the driver was driving slow, it was early in the morning so he had to be ahead of schedule, then some guy at the back of the bus yelled: YO, DRIVE THE F!@#% BUS! The driver never said anything, so, at the next light the driver parked the bus at the donut shop and went to get a coffee. 5 minutes later we left. Idiot at the back learned his lesson.

AHAHAHA you get that a lot from bmount drivers who go 30 km/h on a max. 60 road. Yes, it gets frustrating after a while...

IMO, Bmount Drivers tend to drive-

VII Fastest

Classic Neutral

1991 Orion V Slowest as to how they're afraid of the power:P

AHAHAHA you get that a lot from bmount drivers who go 30 km/h on a max. 60 road. Yes, it gets frustrating after a while...

IMO, Bmount Drivers tend to drive-

VII Fastest

Classic Neutral

1991 Orion V Slowest as to how they're afraid of the power:P

I don't know how you came to that conclusion because I always ride Bmount buses on 22 on school days and the drivers always driver normal like any other driver. One time on a V the driver got from Coxwell Stn to Hanson (where the CN Rail Bridge is) in almost less than 1 min, there were green lights and both intersections, it usually talks about 2-3 mins with all the red lights, stops and he crosswalk.

I don't know how you came to that conclusion because I always ride Bmount buses on 22 on school days and the drivers always driver normal like any other driver. One time on a V the driver got from Coxwell Stn to Hanson (where the CN Rail Bridge is) in almost less than 1 min, there were green lights and both intersections, it usually talks about 2-3 mins with all the red lights, stops and he crosswalk.

Its was an opinion lol maybe i'm just really unlucky :S

At around 10.45, TTC 7955 had a little run in with a fire truck responding to an incident on Bathurst past Fairlawn. As the firse truck was approaching the scene and passing 7955, it seemed the hose came loose and struck the bottom of the bus. The hose appeared to be caught under the bus and the rest of the hose hit the side of a car infront of the bus.

At around 10.45, TTC 7955 had a little run in with a fire truck responding to an incident on Bathurst past Fairlawn. As the firse truck was approaching the scene and passing 7955, it seemed the hose came loose and struck the bottom of the bus. The hose appeared to be caught under the bus and the rest of the hose hit the side of a car infront of the bus.

That's weird. First time I ever heard of that happening. Any damage to the vehicles?

I do know YRT drivers dawdle for a reason. Where I'm not as happy with it is when TTC drivers like to dawdle particularly in a terminal which is when their dawdling is pointless.

I do know YRT drivers dawdle for a reason. Where I'm not as happy with it is when TTC drivers like to dawdle particularly in a terminal which is when their dawdling is pointless.

Pointless to you maybe. And what reason would that be pray tell? They all have a reason, YRT, TTC. etc., and it's mostly schedule adherance, not some ridiculous bias against TTC drivers or silly joint conspiracy theory to upset you or anybody else. If the driver 'dawdles' at a terminal, it is most likely they have a scheduled(or not) layover/recovery time, which they can use as they wish. Ever heard of washroom break? Many routes only have facilites at the terminals not just down the hall like many workplaces. At least many park at the platform so at least you can board and sit and even those that don't, would you begrudge them some private time?

Pointless to you maybe. And what reason would that be pray tell? They all have a reason, YRT, TTC. etc., and it's mostly schedule adherance, not some ridiculous bias against TTC drivers or silly joint conspiracy theory to upset you or anybody else. If the driver 'dawdles' at a terminal, it is most likely they have a scheduled(or not) layover/recovery time, which they can use as they wish. Ever heard of washroom break? Many routes only have facilites at the terminals not just down the hall like many workplaces. At least many park at the platform so at least you can board and sit and even those that don't, would you begrudge them some private time?

Dawdling does not mean idling theres a difference. If they're idling, what can I say. What I mean by dawdling in a terminal is driving slowly to the bus bay theres no reason that this stage to drive slowly, if they wanted to go to the washroom, dawdling in the terminal would be stupid.

Oh yeah, I hate that. When drivers take a washroom break and leave the bus at the other side of the platform so passengers have to wait till he/she comes back. Islington, Warden and Vic Pk are the best examples due to the platform style. They couldn't just take the bus up to the platform and let passengers get on and sit down before they take their break.

Looks like the Palace Place/Palace Pier shuttle from Union just got one-upped. Instead of MC-9 1303 it had an exGO 102A2 with the number 2301, sides a dark blue-ish colour. Coach operator lettering on the side says operated by Tokmakjian.

Remember, the upper front corners are where the old GO numbers are :blink: