TTC Orion VII Retirements

10 hours ago, Tom1122 said:

With all the people upset about 7575 retiring, maybe you should put your money together and buy it from TTC and make it the first preserved Orion 7. That's kinda how HCRR got started.

If I had a million dollars, that'll be the first thing I do, and then get a jet pack that runs on Mountain Dew

Here is a funny thing I noticed, chaps. When I looked on the roof, the HVAC vent was removed off of a lot of VIIs while I saw 7575's and it was not. (She was on 17 a week ago)

3 hours ago, Bus_Medic said:

Speaking of which, has anything further become of that mobile hygiene station project using 7423? Or did they bite off more than they could chew? 

The owner had an accident and it's been put on hiatus.

It's slowly corroding, having been exposed to the elements and parked at the same spot for a few months or so

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Bus_Medic said:

Speaking of which, has anything further become of that mobile hygiene station project using 7423? Or did they bite off more than they could chew? 

Considering the project has raised very little money, I'm assuming it's been abandoned. The people at the garage it's stored at haven't been able to contact anyone and they've been wanting the bus gone for months now.

• Like 1

And then they were 15: #7709, #7719 (121A), #7763, #7782 (505), #7789 (16), #7792 (113), #7808, #7811, #7821, #7833 (12B), #7838 (113), #7846 (12A), #7848 (505), #7879 (505), and #7883.

#7773 appears to be finished and presumably retired. 

Disregard, one is still kicking and 16 still remain: #7709, #7719 , #7763, #7773, #7782, #7789, #7792, #7808, #7811, #7821, #7833, #7838, #7846), #7848, #7879, and #7883.

2 hours ago, BYD said:

And then they were 15: #7709, #7719 (121A), #7763, #7782 (505), #7789 (16), #7792 (113), #7808, #7811, #7821, #7833 (12B), #7838 (113), #7846 (12A), #7848 (505), #7879 (505), and #7883.

#7773 appears to be finished and presumably retired. 

It ain't done yet. 7773 was inactive for around 4 days before coming back in service in that exact same spot, I doubt it's done yet.

5 minutes ago, Chris.A said:

Waste of buses! Why was it that the last GM New Looks retired just a few years ago, but the still relatively modern Orion VII buses are heading out now? Makes no sense. The Head of the TTC should step down immediately. 

The NG hevs are unreliable and the OG diesels failed emissions tests. You're acting like the TTC has a choice.

• Like 3

Just now, transportationtoronto said:

The NG hevs are unreliable and the OG diesels failed emissions tests. You're acting like the TTC has a choice.

How are they unreliable? What's their MBDFs? Our NG hybrids and CNGs are fairly dependable here in New York (despite NICE's lack of proper TLC on the latter group of NGs). As for the OG's, I call BS, cause again, the GM New Looks were in service as late as 2012 IIRC.

• Haha 1

So that's 3 CPTDB foamers on suicide watch. Stay tuned, they may just jump into the compacting machine with those buses.

7 minutes ago, Chris.A said:

How are they unreliable? What's their MBDFs? Our NG hybrids and CNGs are fairly dependable here in New York (despite NICE's lack of proper TLC on the latter group of NGs). As for the OG's, I call BS, cause again, the GM New Looks were in service as late as 2012 IIRC.

Oh, yes! The GMs lasted 30 years without a single wrench or screwdriver touching them! Even despite the bus shortage of the mid 90s!

• Haha 6

21 minutes ago, Downsview 108 said:

So that's 3 CPTDB foamers on suicide watch. Stay tuned, they may just jump into the compacting machine with those buses.

Oh, yes! The GMs lasted 30 years without a single wrench or screwdriver touching them! Even despite the bus shortage of the mid 90s!

Who is on suicide watch?!

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Chris.A said:

Waste of buses! Why was it that the last GM New Looks retired just a few years ago, but the still relatively modern Orion VII buses are heading out now? Makes no sense. The Head of the TTC should step down immediately. 

Name one other series of bus that lasted as long as the GMs.

The NGs could last as long as the GMs if the commission were so inclined. Trouble is, they're garbage, and frankly the only reason the GMs lasted as long as they did was because they were forced to.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Chris.A said:

The GM's survived so long because back then, the government wasn't giving the TTC boatloads of money to buy new shiny ones. We had to work with what we had.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, 7575 said:

Who is on suicide watch?!

Hard to tell any longer. The list keeps growing every day. Wait until the last Orion gets pulled. Invest in Prozac and Xanax while you wait.B)

15 minutes ago, 7575 said:

The GM's survived so long because back then, the government wasn't giving the TTC boatloads of money to buy new shiny ones. We had to work with what we had.

Good thing they're not from Mississauga. LOL

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1