Future TTC Bus Orders

FlyerD901

2 minutes ago, drum118 said:

Maybe they should look at the Europe market as there is a fair number of more supplier there than NA. Rode a number of different models in various cities last year that had + and - last year. Most last about 12 years. All do recharging at the end of the route or at main terminals by overhead. Most are done in 5-10 minutes with some not been charge at all.

You have 2 main suppliers of artic with Van Hool been a 3rd one in NA. YRT is/was the only one using Van Hool in Ontario. Van Hool does supply some systems in the US.

Perhaps take an inventory with your free hand of how many properties are still ordering them, and then ask yourself why that is.

4 minutes ago, Bus_Medic said:

Perhaps take an inventory with your free hand of how many properties are still ordering them, and then ask yourself why that is.

They seem better at doing 40' than 60' from what I have see in Europe and NA. Even their coaches are more common than 60'.

Saw very little of the 60's in Brussels compare to other suppliers of 60'

3 hours ago, drum118 said:

They seem better at doing 40' than 60' from what I have see in Europe and NA. Even their coaches are more common than 60'.

Saw very little of the 60's in Brussels compare to other suppliers of 60'

You completely missed my point.

On 6/6/2023 at 8:26 AM, GZ6113PHEV5 said:

But there‘s not yet a reliable brand for electric artics in Canadian market?

I only brought it up because TTC once to go all electric by a certain year. But the market may not allow that. 

The market for electric articulated buses is already being supplied by New Flyer, granted the range isn’t there just yet but both nova and new Flyer have stated they want to be ready by 2025/26 for better range articulated buses. Even if they don’t meet their goal, it makes no sense to look out to new makers. 

in addition, nobody wants to do on route charging. The infrastructure changes and installation isn’t worth it when you can just wait a few years for a long range articulated bus. 

7 hours ago, ZümmyZüm said:

The market for electric articulated buses is already being supplied by New Flyer, granted the range isn’t there just yet but both nova and new Flyer have stated they want to be ready by 2025/26 for better range articulated buses. Even if they don’t meet their goal, it makes no sense to look out to new makers. 

in addition, nobody wants to do on route charging. The infrastructure changes and installation isn’t worth it when you can just wait a few years for a long range articulated bus. 

Does that mean the TTC is getting XE60s 

1 hour ago, Doppelkupplung said:

These look amazing, frameless really transforms the look. I just wish Nova would update the skirt panel design a bit lol. 

I still think the red at the bottom is too thick for a Nova. It works for an Orion because their taller. 

1 hour ago, Doppelkupplung said:

These look amazing, frameless really transforms the look. I just wish Nova would update the skirt panel design a bit lol. 

I find it interesting how many times they switched back & forth between window designs on the VII & Nova orders (the NGs first introduced the frameless windows, the 3Gs and all Novas until the 3400s dropped the frameless design in favor of rounded windows, and now this new batch of Novas went back to frameless). Wasn't the frameless design dropped on the 3Gs for the sake of easier maintenance?

Aside from the window design & the wheel rims, are these new Nova Hybrids otherwise identical to the 3400s mechanically & electrically?

On my train past Wilson Yard, I spotted a few of the 7000s being moved around the yard right behind each other. Maybe new deliveries as some of them still had the front piece of cardboard up

37 minutes ago, Editorum said:

Let me say the new XE40s will replace the 2013 Nova Arctics 

It just doesn't make any sense for 60ft buses to be replaced by 40ft buses cause the artics obviously carry more passengers. I feel like more hybrid artics should be ordered to replace the older artics. Hopefully they don't plan on reverting back to just 40ft buses.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, FabianColeyLOVESBUSES said:

New Flyer XE60 demo is at Arrow Road Garage. Maybe TTC will order some XE60?

Well, after these 68 artics. I hope TTC gets these to replace the Nova artics. It will be interesting to see how the 60fters perform. I doubt they'll be good.  And will TTC do trial runs like they did with the 60 40fters? Maybe not 60, but even one or two to test them out. 

2 hours ago, ZümmyZüm said:

The bus will be making its rounds. Nova did the same with theirs a few months back. 

Nova has a 60ft electric artic? 

1 hour ago, FlyerD901 said:

Well, after these 68 artics. I hope TTC gets these to replace the Nova artics. It will be interesting to see how the 60fters perform. I doubt they'll be good.  And will TTC do trial runs like they did with the 60 40fters? Maybe not 60, but even one or two to test them out. 

Nova has a 60ft electric artic? 

No he’s saying the nova electric 40 ft bus made its rounds to every TTC garage

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...