It is possible - the Daytona BBCs and I believe the ex Utah bowls had lifts - but there's no point in putting in the effort, least of all on a vehicle that would lose its historical value with such a modification.

• Thanks 2

On 12/31/2018 at 12:58 PM, tomsbuspage said:

Was someone foaming (should I say frothing?) about the 14 Glencairn?

TTC 8785 at Glencairn Station on August 8, 2001:

TTC8785a.JPG

TTC8785b.JPG

image.thumb.png.e22e19b83fcb28970bb419b60d1c3d70.pngimage.thumb.png.7f237ed5c1b523f66fd9be203e8f423f.png

Holy crap, you just made my day! Yeah, that was me. Best route in Toronto. HANDS DOWN!

On 9/22/2012 at 11:13 AM, Grapejuice said:

Thanks, you too.

This is a small set of 2316 again. It must have been a busy day since I don't have any photos while in service on 52. Just the pre-shift photos on 14 Glencairn.

2316 07/21/2011

8012180695_d0b16cf249_n.jpg

Long time ago, but what does making the turn into Davisville stn. feel in a Fishbowl? Kinda feel bad for the drivers who had to make that turn without power steering.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Orion VI said:

Holy crap, you just made my day! Yeah, that was me. Best route in Toronto. HANDS DOWN!

Long time ago, but what does making the turn into Davisville stn. feel in a Fishbowl? Kinda feel bad for the drivers who had to make that turn without power steering.

I heard routes like 71/79 north of St.Clair was worse. I'm sure there are others.

On 1/2/2019 at 4:08 PM, Orion VI said:

They where fitted with power steering after rebuild. 

1 hour ago, Downsview 108 said:

Some rebuilds still had no power steering.

Some of the earliest body rebuilds did not receive power steering during their rebuild, it's true.

But by 1997 or so, all of the units were getting them as part of the rebuild process. Certainly anything that got an LEP rebuild (and was thus numbered into the 2000s) did.

Dan

• Like 1

On 10/23/2018 at 7:37 AM, 8792 said:

If anyone finds a video, TTC or otherwise of a driver turning a non power steering New Look, I’d love to see it. When I rode the MTA’s historic 6101 in NYC last December, the Christmas historic buses are all unfortunately on the M42 , which has zero turns. The only turn was after the last stop  and the driver turned off 42nd Street after everyone got off. Was only able to catch a glimpse of the non power steering wheel in action. 

A bit late to the party on this one... but lots of manual steering in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=qfz2zG2HmMc

There are two other Edmonton Transit videos from the same user on this channel that are worth a watch.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Orion VI said:

Anybody with news on the restoration of the fishbowls and 2252? Will it hit the streets anytime soon?

2252 has already hit the streets since October/November 2018.  As for the second unit, TTC is planning to rebuild one of their buses using parts from other buses to make it a "one good bus" out of them.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Orion VI said:

What's the state of 8058? Is it really beyond the structural integrity needed for restoration? Personally, i'd rather have 8058 restored than 2444. My personal opinion. 

At CUTA, I spoke with a TTC bus fleet manager named Jason who said they're going to fix 8058.