Demonstrators - any type or model of bus / coach / school

BCT-3122-D800-10240

• 2 months later...

I have updated the 3rd generation Nova LFS demo list in this post:

http://www.cptdb.ca/index.php?s=&showt...st&p=325597

There were about 12 buses built with 'early' 3rd generation features (the most obvious of which is the long vertical tail light stripe), all demos. Of those, 4 are Artics (inluding the LFX) and all accounted for. However, most of the 8 or so 40' demos are pretty much lost in limbo. Two have been sold to Codiac Transit, the rest have probably been sold too but where? Possibly to smaller authorities like Timmins, Belleville or Regina, to name a few. If you have any rear views of the 3rd generation LFS of smaller systems, could you check them to see if any of those buses are actually ex-demos?

Some possible suspects:

CITVR 381309

Regina 625-628

Lethbridge

Fredericton

Quebec CIT

etc...

I have updated the 3rd generation Nova LFS demo list in this post:

http://www.cptdb.ca/index.php?s=&showt...st&p=325597

There were about 12 buses built with 'early' 3rd generation features (the most obvious of which is the long vertical tail light stripe), all demos. Of those, 4 are Artics (inluding the LFX) and all accounted for. However, most of the 8 or so 40' demos are pretty much lost in limbo. Two have been sold to Codiac Transit, the rest have probably been sold too but where? Possibly to smaller authorities like Timmins, Belleville or Regina, to name a few. If you have any rear views of the 3rd generation LFS of smaller systems, could you check them to see if any of those buses are actually ex-demos?

Some possible suspects:

CITVR 381309

Regina 625-628

Lethbridge

Fredericton

Quebec CIT

etc...

Andru, Look at my website in the LA Transit - Lethbridge section. I have images of their 5 new Nova LFS that I took earlier this month when I was there. http://www.busdrawings.com/Transit/alberta...9nova/index.htm

Andru, Look at my website in the LA Transit - Lethbridge section. I have images of their 5 new Nova LFS that I took earlier this month when I was there. http://www.busdrawings.com/Transit/alberta...9nova/index.htm

;) Slamming pics, thanks! Those buses look awesome, and I love the triple tail light configuration. Anyway, neither of the buses in your pics has early 3rd generation specs, so they were likely built new. Too bad that I don't have their VIN numbers.

Thanks for your help MBTA! BTW, the link in your last pic is broken, thought you would like to know!

Other possible suspects:

Fredericton

Coach Canada

(I thought both were supposed to get some new buses last year, but nothing came out of NovaBUS for them. Have they got any second-hand 3rd gens?)

EDIT: One thing I must add... I realize that it's possible that the demos I'm looking for haven't been sold yet and are still at NovaBUS... But I seriously doubt that they would keep as many as 5 or 6 2-year old outdated demos when they have a couple of newer ones and more are being built.

• 2 months later...
After just looking at some photos of the old Orion VII Hybrid demo #1043 I was wondering, did New York or any US system get to try it out or did it only visit Canadian systems?

Can't remember exactly which property (either WMATA or Montgomery County Ride-On), but there were posts of 1043 during a demo in the Washington DC area. From what I can recall from the pictures that were posted, the bus still had its fleet numbers and old yellow rear yield sticker while it was doing demo's down south. IIRC after that demo, 1043 came back to the TTC for a second time.

• 1 month later...

Stumble yesterday on this MCI D4505 demo in Quebec City, it was running for some sort of city tour charter*, the bus has a Quebec license plate.

108c6822.jpg

* When the driver want to unload his passenger, he drops the front of the bus, open the door but a small metal pin is located under the door, and guess what, that pin hit hard the sidewalk letting a perpetual mark of this coach passage. The driver close the door and rise this coach to allow the door to open freely, but outside is the tourist guide swearing in very naughty french words to STOP RISING, YOU'RE ENOUGH HIGH !.

I think that's just an LFS; the LFX has different-looking headlight clusters and a painted front bumper.

Its been confirmed that it is in fact the first 40ft LFX demo. It carries the 00001 serial number for the first one built. It was built at the Plattsburgh, USA Nova plant. The full serial number is not yet available.

Its been confirmed that it is in fact the first 40ft LFX demo. It carries the 00001 serial number for the first one built. It was built at the Plattsburgh, USA Nova plant. The full serial number is not yet available.

I'm afraid that the serial number doesn't imply it's a LFX, it's simply the first bus built in Plattsburgh of the 2011 model year. The only LFX built so far has used the same serial numbers as the LFS. ;)

I do want to emphasize -- as has been mentioned earlier -- that there's nothing in those 2 demos that make them stand out as LFX: the roof fairing in also present on some recent LFS Artic, and the flush windows have been an option for regular LFS for a long time. Moreover, other LFX-specific attributes that might have been present (the slightly different twin beam lights, the thin colour-matched bumpers with fog lights, the BRT-style mirrors, wheel covers...) are nowhere to be seen. So either these demos are pimped LFS, or watered-down LFX that aren't really worthy of a different designation.

I wonder if the fairing will become standard in future LFS orders. It's probably functionally useless but it does provide a nice visual equilibrium with the raised radiator area at the rear.

I'm afraid that the serial number doesn't imply it's a LFX, it's simply the first bus built in Plattsburgh of the 2011 model year. The only LFX built so far has used the same serial numbers as the LFS. :)

I do want to emphasize -- as has been mentioned earlier -- that there's nothing in those 2 demos that make them stand out as LFX: the roof fairing in also present on some recent LFS Artic, and the flush windows have been an option for regular LFS for a long time. Moreover, other LFX-specific attributes that might have been present (the slightly different twin beam lights, the thin colour-matched bumpers with fog lights, the BRT-style mirrors, wheel covers...) are nowhere to be seen. So either these demos are pimped LFS, or watered-down LFX that aren't really worthy of a different designation.

I wonder if the fairing will become standard in future LFS orders. It's probably functionally useless but it does provide a nice visual equilibrium with the raised radiator area at the rear.

This info has been confirmed by a local Quebec transit fan that is extremely reliable and he posted the full serial number today which is 4RKYL82U4B4000001

• 2 weeks later...