Demonstrators - any type or model of bus / coach / school

BCT-3122-D800-10240

The Nova Bus LFS that is being tested in New York was sent to the MTA as a demo.

This bus, numbered 0055 is painted white with a silver/grey skirt, and is at the JFK Depot,

and has been tested on the Q10, Q11, and Q60 routes. The JFK Depot will be testing the

LFS for 30 days, and then will be sent to the Ulmer Park Depot, were the Nova Bus demo

will be on a second 30 day testing. After inspection from the testing, the bus will be sent

back to Nova Bus.

• 2 weeks later...

The Nova LFX demo is being tested just south of the Minneapolis-Saint Paul metro region. It is being evaluated by Minnesota Valley Transit Agency (MVTA). The bus was packed, I couldn't get decent interior shots because of the passengers. The shift supervisor was seated right across from me.

This set is taken at the Eagan Transit Center.

LFX1.jpg LFX2.jpg LFX3.jpg LFX4.jpg

The bus was on Route 480. This route runs express from Eagan to Saint Paul,MN.

LFX6.jpgThese were taken in Downtown Saint Paul. LFX7.jpg LFX8.jpg

LFX9.jpg LFX10.jpg

The Nova LFX demo is being tested just south of the Minneapolis-Saint Paul metro region. It is being evaluated by Minnesota Valley Transit Agency (MVTA). The bus was packed, I couldn't get decent interior shots because of the passengers. The shift supervisor was seated right across from me.

Wow! Nice photos! Did you recorded any videos of this bus? Just curious. :lol:

Very nice. thanks for sharing. If you can, could you get the VIN and build date?

Proterra fuel cell bus in Victoria at BC Transit Langford Garage.

This was a rather long distance shot, which included the use of the "smart teleconverter" feature on my A350... another name for digital zoom more or less.

Sunlight was also almost gone at this point, and ISO was probably 1600, so no, it's not the best shot but it's the best I could do with what I had.

DSC00263.jpg

More photos from a ride this morning. As passengers got off , I could photograph interior views of the bus.

Thanks for the great pics of the LFX demo! Have you been able to notice a fleet number inside the bus? Usually Nova demos have a factory fleet number inside the bus, but this one seems to be devoid of it.

Nice catch!

I think the "smart teleconverter" feature might be more than just digital zoom - it actually crops down the usage on the sensor to make it appear more zoomed in.

That's why it's called a smart teleconverter rather than digital zoom. Ultimately, the image quailty degrades though, but I think it is still better than cropping an image in afterwards. Haven't actually done a comparison yet.

More photos from a ride this morning. As passengers got off , I could photograph interior views of the bus.

Nice ;)

Here's mine:

4411102119_6dd642733e_t.jpg 4411867542_c9240744cf_t.jpg 4411866928_2860e26bf7_t.jpg 4411099043_634d0524c1_t.jpg

4411097577_a08a91833e_t.jpg 4411098097_43d45c48c3_t.jpg 4411864232_af4a361065_t.jpg 4411096179_6408bc6d6c_t.jpg

Video:

I got to ride it for about 50 minutes on what was basically an empty 442 run. Overall a really nice bus, it did well on turns and stopped and started fairly smooth. It was a little bit bumpier on the local roads than a 40/35 foot GILLIG Low Floor or New Flyer D40LF but still a pretty good ride. I like the headroom and the rear window. No luggage rack to bang your head on like an MCI. It's quieter than a New Flyer artic too. I would like it if they get some someday. Incidentally this is the same one that Southwest Transit had back in August for the State Fair.