Finallly, RTC will do some more change to it's network for 2018. The Saint-Augustin-de-Desmaures city will see major changes to it's bus network, which RTC inherited from Autocars Québec when they taken control about 8 years ago. Here is what is currently proposed.
- Bus 92 would mainly focus on the downtown St-Augustin part, with faster and more direct service, bus route is significantly shorter in the Lac St-Augustin area with bus using Hétrière street instead of doing the tour. The biggest change would be in Ste-Foy, bus would proceed directly up A-540 to Laurier blvd, then bus is extended to end at Garneau CÉGEP at all time via Laurier, the Laval university campus, Quatre-Bourgois and Ste-Foy read. Service every 60 minutes or better 7 days a week (instead of all-time except peak travel currently).
- NEW express 392 would do the bus 92 routing in St-Augustin downtown, then proceed directly to A-40, A-540, then following the 92 route in Ste-Foy, rush hour only in the peak travel direction only.
- Bus 94 is intriguing, bus will now start at the CNDF campus, shorter route in Lac St-Augustin (where some riders will have to walk a lot more to get to their bus stop), then the bus will travel in Cap-Rouge serving areas already served by a bus route (14 / 15). Good news is that bus will finally allow access from Cap-Rouge riders to their commercial area next to A-40, bus would then use A-40,A-540 and follow the 92 routing in Ste-Foy. Service every 60 minutes or better 7 days a week (instead of peak travel currently).
- Express 294 & 295 would be deleted under current proposal, forcing parlement hill bound customers to make a transfer on Laurier Blvd. to / from a 11-800-801 bus.
- Route 95 would also be deleted, mostly replaced by the 92/94 changes
On side notes
- The 2 trippers in the isolated north part of St-Augustin are removed, replaced by taxibus service avaliable at all departures (huge improvement)
- Chemin du Lac will go from 5 bus (92-94-95-295-992) to zero bus, this also somewhat isolated area will also be served by taxibus avaliable at all departures