Miscellaneous TTC Discussion & Questions

Orion V

5 hours ago, leylandvictory2 said:

On the day of the documentation, the new staff are asked what hats they want.  

Yes, that all seems very sensible. Someone mentioned there were restrictions on males - but presumably not.

42 minutes ago, dowlingm said:

Coxwell Station bus loop has reopened.

Good to know. Though living near Upper Gerrard the through-running Coxwell bus was a much more convenient way of getting to Toronto East General - which is annoyingly difficult to get to quickly without walking much, despite being so close - and as one might understand, there are times, one doesn't want to walk much if one is heading to the hospital.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Orion V said:

On Saturday I saw some high number 91xx on 7 Bathurst. Did Arrow lent Wilson some artics? These units are still listed under Arrow according to the site here.

No.  They were not moved to another division.  Arrow Rd, Malvern, Mount Dennis and Wilson ran artics on 7 Bathurst due to Line 1 subway closure between St. George to Sheppard West.

31 minutes ago, Orion V said:

On Saturday I saw some high number 91xx on 7 Bathurst. Did Arrow lent Wilson some artics? These units are still listed under Arrow according to the site here.

Instead of shuttles, more service is added on the 7.

On Saturday, all 4 divisions run additional artic extras on the 7.

On Sundays, Arrow and sometimes MtD run artics extras on the 7 along with Wilson.

For whatever reason they decided to limit the artics at Wilson this long weekend. Only a handful ran from WIlson yesterday and one right now.

Are they purposely keeping the ALRVs out of service during weekdays this summer since 501 is bustituted and only 511 is using them 7 days a week and that route only takes very little amount of them.

Why not put them on 504 on weekdays since they are used on weekends anyways?

8 hours ago, smallspy said:

That's pretty impressive. When I went by on Wednesday it seemed like there was still an awful lot of work to be done.

Dan

There is still a construction zone out front by the entrance but they have cut it back enough to get buses in. Watching the speed of their last week of concreting in stages, I thought it looked doable to be done by Sunday or Monday ( not sure when the change was, I saw it Monday ) but lacking construction expertise I didn't post before seeing buses on the loop in case it was premature and there was some additional thing to be done.

7 hours ago, smallspy said:

They are being used on the 504.

Dan

Yes, and in quite substantial numbers, even at off-peak times, when they are not technically scheduled on 504. Meanwhile, on 511 Bathurst,  there are a handful of CLRV's substituting for scheduled ALRV's at pretty much all times. This is getting farcical.

On 22/05/2017 at 0:17 PM, nfitz said:

Yes, that all seems very sensible. Someone mentioned there were restrictions on males - but presumably not.

The restriction is there.  There are some other uniform choices that differ between male and female, for example the tie vs this scarf thing.  Females have a choice but males do not.  Unsure what would happen if someone were to challenge it.

Hey,

Can anyone retrieve the L.A. Fitness corporate deal for me? Or have any information on it?

The wemovetoronto website seems to no longer have the member section available. The billboard at queensway has nothing available (everything removed).

Thanks!

16 hours ago, andyman said:

Longbranch shelter construction supposed to be complete this week.....but I'll believe it when I see it. 

"Complete by Mid-May" means "hey, it's not May 31 yet!"?

I hope there's a band and free hot-dogs.

Hey, maybe there could be a Long Branch shelter Doors Open event.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Ed T. said:

It's just a shelter. Unless it's of significant heritage importance, there's little to no reason for a massive community celebration.

And as for the date, it's just an estimate and not a strict deadline as is the case for the Crosstown line.

14 minutes ago, Transit geek said:

It's just a shelter. Unless it's of significant heritage importance, there's little to no reason for a massive community celebration.

And as for the date, it's just an estimate and not a strict deadline as is the case for the Crosstown line.

You're new here.

There were signs that said "Repairs will be completed by the end of 2016".

Early in 2017 the signs were replaced by ones that said "Repairs will be completed by the end of Feburary 2017".

After February had come and gone, the signs were replaced by ones that said "Repairs will be completed by the end of March 2017".

April Fools! Early in April, the signs were changed to "Repairs will be completed by mid-May 2017".

I, for one, am ready for a massive community celebration. There need to be hot-dogs. And mustard, ketchup, and relish!

12 hours ago, Ed T. said:

"Normally closed to the public", open for one special day!

1 hour ago, Kelvin3157 said:

"Normally closed to the public", open for one special day!

If it's open for only one day, then it has to be for Doors Open. Can't think of anything else. And if it's a heritage building, that's further proof.

On 2017-5-26 at 2:10 PM, Ed T. said:

You're new here.

There were signs that said "Repairs will be completed by the end of 2016".

Early in 2017 the signs were replaced by ones that said "Repairs will be completed by the end of Feburary 2017".

After February had come and gone, the signs were replaced by ones that said "Repairs will be completed by the end of March 2017".

April Fools! Early in April, the signs were changed to "Repairs will be completed by mid-May 2017".

I, for one, am ready for a massive community celebration. There need to be hot-dogs. And mustard, ketchup, and relish!

and I can confirm it has FINALLY reopened.

11 hours ago, TransitfanJW said:

Pardon my ignorance, but does the ttc still host the Arrow Bus Roadeo? I don't think they did one last year.

they did host a Roadeo last year.  The year I went, it wasn't that interesting.  Saw a command bus, several vehicles from different government agencies. 

11 hours ago, Kelvin3157 said:

I heard from an employee that they aren't running it this year...

Don't listen rumors unless it is confirmed.