MiWay

Orion VIII

9 hours ago, Abubakkar said:

I saw 2 xde40s at heading to malton it was 1724 and 1725 

I don't believe you... Stuff hasn't even been installed on them yet.. In fact, I don't think 1722, 1723 even had its stuff set up yet as it was just delivered last week... The units up at Malton are ready for service and are just temporarily stored there... New buses get delivered to Central for prepping first. 

I should start asking you for proof in future sightings you make...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, noahrp24 said:

I don't believe you... Stuff hasn't even been installed on them yet.. In fact, I don't think 1722, 1723 even had its stuff set up yet as it was just delivered last week... The units up at Malton are ready for service and are just temporarily stored there... New buses get delivered to Central for prepping first. 

I should start asking you for proof in future sightings you make...

Surprised that @noahrp24 didn't notice that @Abubakkar said XDE40, which only BT has in the GTA at the moment.

Coming back to the September service changes, I believe nobody mentioned that Dixie Transitway Station is set to receive GO Transit service using platforms C and D. I would assume that this would be the new Union - Winston Churchill route, and that it would probably be delayed until Renforth is complete. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Chart.png

Dixie Transitway Station.png

12 hours ago, newflyerinvero said:

Am surprised that there are now banner ads being applied on the sides of the XD40 buses. Perhaps it may be a test to see how well they adhere to the panels along the sides before considering applying similar ones on the XD60s and/or the 08/09 D40LFRs and 08 D60LFR's

The ad frames on the older buses were causing corrosion issues if I recall correctly. They're just doing partial side wraps from now on for those buses without the racks or had its racks removed at some point in time...

14 hours ago, AmanKh said:

Coming back to the September service changes, I believe nobody mentioned that Dixie Transitway Station is set to receive GO Transit service using platforms C and D. I would assume that this would be the new Union - Winston Churchill route, and that it would probably be delayed until Renforth is complete. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Chart.png

Dixie Transitway Station.png

It will be for routes 40 and 19, with 25 and 29 to follow in April.

Dan

• Like 1

3 hours ago, noahrp24 said:

The ad frames on the older buses were causing corrosion issues if I recall correctly. They're just doing partial side wraps from now on for those buses without the racks or had its racks removed at some point in time...

I believe that these ads have been applied to the back of XD40s for some time now.

Anyone confirm this please for me?

New Flyer Xcelsior 11xx involved in an accident back in March 22 of this year on route 13.

My friend posted this pic on Instagram the day it happened. I checked the wiki pages and news and I saw nothing.

MiWay Bus Crash.jpg

• Like 1

I just noticed that on the main MiWay wiki page, it says that the 17xx order has Voith D864.5, but the the specific page containing the details of each single bus says that the busses has Voith D864.6. Can somebody please verify and correct?

MiWay 5 Information Sessions about the 2018 service plan
Next year MiWay is planning to increase service levels along major corridors and introduce more express service. Learn more about these MiWay 5 service improvements at one of our upcoming information sessions:

[img]
Date Time Location
Mon, Sept. 25 2pm – 7pm 
City Centre Transit Terminal
200 Rathburn Rd. W

Tues, Sept. 26 4pm - 7pm 
Port Credit Library
20 Lakeshore Rd. E

Thur, Sept. 28 3pm – 7pm 
Meadowvale Town Centre
6677 Meadowvale Town Centre Circle

Sat, Sept. 30 1pm – 4pm 
Westwood Square
7205 Goreway Dr.

Q: Does a MiWay driver need to do something to "start" PRESTO when he leaves the garage?  Last week I was on a bus that had a 4am start, tapped Presto at 8:10, and my audit log shows 4:04am.  I was then charged again on next bus at 9:23.  & yes - I've requested a refund from PRESTO.

• Confused 3

MiWay bus passengers hurt after hit-and-run crash at busy Mississauga intersection

Peel Regional Police are trying to track down a black Honda car believed to be involved in a hit-and-run crash with a MiWay transit bus on the afternoon of Wednesday, Aug. 23 that left two passengers injured.

Peel Region Paramedics responded to the crash in the area of Mavis Road and Eglinton Avenue around 1:30 p.m. and treated two injured passengers — an elderly woman and a teenaged boy — at the scene.

Story - https://www.mississauga.com/news-story/7517383-miway-bus-passengers-hurt-after-hit-and-run-crash-at-busy-mississauga-intersection/