Today's Special Sightings

5 hours ago, TTC7447 said:

TTC 3515 on 7S Bathurst Short Turn to Lawrence.

Arrow helping on Bathurst seems to be the norm these days. There was a 36xx on it as well today along with a 35xx yesterday. 3624 was even on 160 yesterday.

8647 on 61 this afternoon, passing by broken down 8358 at Wilson & Avenue. Looking at GPS data, 8647 was pulled from 34 to cover for 8358 while Wilson got a change-off sorted out.

Via Transsee: 5147 on the Viva Blue

EDIT: 5103 also inserted onto Blue.

Extremely rare to see a 40 ft bus on Blue which in this case, most likely a cover buses. Due to the snowstorm causing delays along the transit network, some buses are delayed by up to 60 minutes. I don't think there would be much concern accommodating passengers who still need to be out along with reduced ridership. 

The last time I do recall Blue operating with 40 ft regular buses was around 2013 as a cost savings measure during weekends/holidays. Of course that backfired even with a frequency bump because of capacity issues before reverting back to articulated buses. 

32 minutes ago, bus_7246 said:

Probably the best sighting I’ve seen hands down:

TTC

3700, followed by 3711, both heading eastbound on the 32  EGLINTON WEST at 3:00p

Michael Power school specials. They do eastbound 32A trips from the school to Eglinton Station before deadheading to Lawrence Station. One goes onto 52A, the other onto 52F.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1