Sightings at the Nova Bus factory

SMS

35 minutes ago, 981 said:

I have a theory that could explain that Volvo bus

Nova is exiting the US market in 2025. That Volvo may be to fill in the gap that Nova's gonna leave when they depart the US market. Volvo already sells a coach in the US, the 9700

It's likely Canada won't get that Volvo bus as it would cannibalize on the sales of the LFS which is set to become Canada-exclusive

That doesn’t really make sense when you consider Nova Bus’s stated reason for leaving the US market is financial. If Volvo was losing money with the established LFS, why would they take a risk on a totally new product. Also it doesn’t really make much sense for Volvo to be selling a different product in the US than in Canada. No other manufacturer is doing this.

33 minutes ago, 2044 said:

That doesn’t really make sense when you consider Nova Bus’s stated reason for leaving the US market is financial. If Volvo was losing money with the established LFS, why would they take a risk on a totally new product. Also it doesn’t really make much sense for Volvo to be selling a different product in the US than in Canada. No other manufacturer is doing this.

Eh, true. Only time will tell

On 7/9/2023 at 11:59 AM, G.A said:

According to some photos it resembles a Volvo 7900. Could be used to model the 5th gen.

it seems like it is based on the facelifted 7900 but it with some notable changes like the bumper

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, SMS said:

RTL 42201 (LFSe) was parked in front of Nova St-Eustache on Friday surrounded by many, many units for TTC. No numbers, sorry guys.

I guess the RTL 42201 is an LFSe+ with a longer driving range instead of an LFSe with a shorter driving range?

Why does the fleet number start with “4” instead of the usual “2”?

and what does “No numbers” in your post mean?

I drove through the parking lot quickly, I did not want to be stopped by security. I do not know the differences between LFSe and e+ based on sight, once they get on property, I'll be in position to see the builder's sticker and VINs.

• Like 2

On 8/22/2023 at 8:13 AM, SMS said:

I drove through the parking lot quickly, I did not want to be stopped by security. I do not know the differences between LFSe and e+ based on sight, once they get on property, I'll be in position to see the builder's sticker and VINs.

Try to do it on a Sunday if you want a closer look. There's usually no one there from my experience.

9 hours ago, Bus_Dealership said:

it might be a stretch, but this year is the 30th birthday of Novabus. My guess is that they're going to reveal the 5th gen, Volvo 9700-based LFS either this year or next one to celebrate the 30th anniversary

That's one heck of a stretch.

But their definitely due for something new. A lot of redesigns on the coach side. So hopefully we see something on the transit side as well. 

I hope your stretch comes out to be true. 

• 3 weeks later...

Passed by Nova over the weekend while in the region.

As usual a ton of TTC and Viva at the back of the Industriel facility.

At the front: RTL 224xx (highest I saw was 22415); 422xx (saw 42201, 02, 05, and probably more); some Translink (no numbers); someone's 2271 (framed transoms, no idea whose); STS Sherbrooke 74101; some HSR, and all the demos. The camouflaged Volvo has moved to the Industriel side amongst the demos as well.

At the back of the Condor facility: a ton of LFSA HEV (presumably RTC's) and even more Viva.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Nova Bus was overflowing with lots of white units, a couple of TTC, STO, Translink and Sherbrooke units mixed in there as well. They have so many, they are renting space in a lot across the street to store completed buses.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, MTL66 said:

Nova Bus was overflowing with lots of white units, a couple of TTC, STO, Translink and Sherbrooke units mixed in there as well. They have so many, they are renting space in a lot across the street to store completed buses.

Was the TTC units hybrid or electric buses?

21 hours ago, MTL66 said:

Any Translink CNGs?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 981 said:

Any Translink CNGs?

They were in progress units, no idea what type of bus they were, just reconized based on the window card that say in the ramp is in service or not

• Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, MTL66 said:

They were in progress units, no idea what type of bus they were, just reconized based on the window card that say in the ramp is in service or not

Were there any fleet numbers? 24XXX would indicate CNGs, 23XXX would indicate LFSe+

1 hour ago, 981 said:

Were there any fleet numbers? 24XXX would indicate CNGs, 23XXX would indicate LFSe+

No fleet numbers, there were all white only the ramp in service card was the identifying factor.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, MTL66 said:

No fleet numbers, there were all white only the ramp in service card was the identifying factor.

Right, either way thanks for taking the time out of your day to head down there lol

Nova still have that Volvo bus at their plant. 

I guess with the US plant shutting down, it makes sense why there overflowing at the Quebec facility. I guess this must be the adjustment period. 

I know they're were building TTC buses at the US plant a few years ago.