Sightings at the Nova Bus factory

SMS

24 minutes ago, Frozen Yogurt said:

Went by Nova on the REM shuttle again today. There's some snow so traffic was much slower than usual on the highway. There are quite a few half-finished TTC in livery now. At the back there's one looking like Milton Transit, one looking like Regina Transit (to my eyes), but I can't identify what's to the left of both (see the picture).

P.S. The Volvo is still sitting there.

nova1.thumb.jpg.2af94787d66866f6ba706e406e292f7f.jpg

No idea whos green livery that is. The multicolored one is Milton's. They are to recieve 5 of them.

1 hour ago, Frozen Yogurt said:

Went by Nova on the REM shuttle again today. There's some snow so traffic was much slower than usual on the highway. There are quite a few half-finished TTC in livery now. At the back there's one looking like Milton Transit, one looking like Regina Transit (to my eyes), but I can't identify what's to the left of both (see the picture).

Then the TTC units should probably start delivery by the end of March into April. based on previous deliveries when others spotted half finished buses they were delivered within the a month of them being spotted unfinished 

1 hour ago, Frozen Yogurt said:

From what I can tell, probably this demo:

NOVA-HEV_DEMO-16062015-02
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, eclair14 said:

Passed by Nova tonight ... TTC parked about everywhere in the lot, back lot had also a HSR and some what looks like VIVA buses

Strange how the viva buses haven't been delivered yet, from what I heard some where undergoing testing

1 minute ago, ORION said:

It’s strange why they aren’t delivered yet yoj said you “think” they’re under going testing?

perhaps awaiting parts?

My poor discussion board…

If you scroll further above someone saw viva artics doing tests on the highway

2 hours ago, ORION said:

It’s strange why they aren’t delivered yet you said you “think” they’re under going testing?

perhaps awaiting parts?

My poor discussion board…

They don't know patience and now they've started to flood the Quebecois side of the board. They don't understand "They will be delivered whenever they do". Hopefully what's been broken can be mended.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, menath said:

Strange how the viva buses haven't been delivered yet, from what I heard some where undergoing testing

I did spot one of the VIVA artics on the road last Tuesday on A-40 WEST, in Pointe-du-Lac (Trois-Rivières, QC). It was most likely coming back from Prevost on the south shore of Québec City, as it was going towards Montréal.

On 6/16/2023 at 10:27 PM, AlexLy said:

I did spot one of the VIVA artics on the road last Tuesday on A-40 WEST, in Pointe-du-Lac (Trois-Rivières, QC). It was most likely coming back from Prevost on the south shore of Québec City, as it was going towards Montréal.

probably needed to get something done

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, HaouAl1 said:

after seeing very clear pictures of that  zebra bus im beginning to think its a 5th gen lfs due to the numerious north american standart parts present on it like the bumper for example

Interesting, is there a pic of this bus anywhere?

I know drivers complain about how cramped the drivers area can be, so hopefully Nova made some fixes there. And the whole position of the front doors, and drivers having to turn they're necks further. 

For me thr position if the suspension at the rear I found annoying. I can't properly place my feet down. But it's minor. 

And if it is indeed a 5th Gen, it would have been nice if they tried to market it in the States and then decide on whether to stay or not. 

10 hours ago, HaouAl1 said:

after seeing very clear pictures of that  zebra bus im beginning to think its a 5th gen lfs due to the numerious north american standart parts present on it like the bumper for example

According to some photos it resembles a Volvo 7900. Could be used to model the 5th gen.

3 hours ago, G.A said:

According to some photos it resembles a Volvo 7900. Could be used to model the 5th gen.

I have a theory that could explain that Volvo bus

Nova is exiting the US market in 2025. That Volvo may be to fill in the gap that Nova's gonna leave when they depart the US market. Volvo already sells a coach in the US, the 9700

It's likely Canada won't get that Volvo bus as it would cannibalize on the sales of the LFS which is set to become Canada-exclusive