Sightings at the Nova Bus factory

SMS

On 3/4/2024 at 1:18 PM, FlyerD901 said:

Nova still have that Volvo bus at their plant. 

I guess with the US plant shutting down, it makes sense why there overflowing at the Quebec facility. I guess this must be the adjustment period. 

I know they're were building TTC buses at the US plant a few years ago. 

Yes the volvo is still there parked with the other demos in a camo livery to disguise it's features. Runours have been going around a new design for the LFS is coming.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MTL66 said:

Yes the volvo is still there parked with the other demos in a camo livery to disguise it's features. Runours have been going around a new design for the LFS is coming.

Hopefully the rumors are true, considering all the shut downs and financial support they're getting. At least it looks like there's still hope for Nova. 

• 3 weeks later...

Passed by Novabus plant tonight

- Many translink units at the front

- STTR 2401 all electric bus also at the front

- STSherbrooke 74104 also there

- There is also a 2302 LFS Artic in the yard, probably for STLévis

- GRT LFSE+  22311 in the yard

- The back (640) is full to the fences of units, in fact the Novabus plant ground is so full that some unfinished buses are parked at Adessa car auction near by and rumors says that some buses might be stored at the Condor st. facility.

1 hour ago, eclair14 said:

- There is also a 2302 LFS Artic in the yard, probably for STLévis

God, I hope it's for Lévis. The Lévisien 2 could really benefit from more artics.

12 hours ago, eclair14 said:

in fact the Novabus plant ground is so full that some unfinished buses are parked at Adessa car auction near by and rumors says that some buses might be stored at the Condor st. facility.

I guess with the shut down of Pittsburg plant , they'll be stretched for storage space. Maybe they should have used the US plant to help with the overload of orders? 

• Confused 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/10/2023 at 3:24 PM, HaouAl1 said:

it seems like it is based on the facelifted 7900 but it with some notable changes like the bumper

does it have the new "scandinavian design" triangular shaped headlight you see in newer volvo buses?

On 7/9/2023 at 4:04 PM, 2044 said:

That doesn’t really make sense when you consider Nova Bus’s stated reason for leaving the US market is financial. If Volvo was losing money with the established LFS, why would they take a risk on a totally new product. Also it doesn’t really make much sense for Volvo to be selling a different product in the US than in Canada. No other manufacturer is doing this.

i have another theory that could explain it

I believe the reason why Novabus left the US market is because they want to release the new gen LFS in a safer way and not risk it all. They probably want to have enough money to release the 5th gen. Probably they thought that if they keep staying on the US market, the new gen wouldn't be making any money or something like that idk

I'm also wondering how similar is this hypothetical 5th gen LFS. Is it similar to the point of being a badge enginereed Volvo 7900?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bus_Dealership said:

does it have the new "scandinavian design" triangular shaped headlight you see in newer volvo buses?

i have another theory that could explain it

I believe the reason why Novabus left the US market is because they want to release the new gen LFS in a safer way and not risk it all. They probably want to have enough money to release the 5th gen. Probably they thought that if they keep staying on the US market, the new gen wouldn't be making any money or something like that idk

I'm also wondering how similar is this hypothetical 5th gen LFS. Is it similar to the point of being a badge enginereed Volvo 7900?

You can do all that without leaving the US market.

GM made the RTS in the States , and classics in Canada. And we all know after 1977 I believe, the Fishbowl was made only in Canada. While RTS continued in the States. 

If Anything, the market in the US is bigger, but the Canadian market particular Quebec is guaranteed sales. And I'm sure whatever financial risk there is in the new product, Quebec will bail them out. 

Now with other manufacturers entering the N.A market, and getting a new facility, what excuses does Nova really have compared to these new players?

To the Admins.

I was wondering , considering Nova still has the Plattsburgh plant, can this thread be moved to the 'All Vehicles' subsection?

• Like 1

On 4/18/2024 at 11:00 AM, FlyerD901 said:

To the Admins.

I was wondering , considering Nova still has the Plattsburgh plant, can this thread be moved to the 'All Vehicles' subsection?

Respectfully, this is another conversation altogether. The topic at hand is "Sightings at the Nova Bus factory" and shall remain. A new thread pertaining to Nova in the all vehicles subsection can be opened.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Novabus boy said:

It seems that there is new footage of the dazzle camouflage "Novabus" as seen in this video here near the end of it.

IMG_8635.png

After looking at that back, I can now say in 95% certainty this is a 5th gen LFS, the back looks eerly similar to the 4th gen LFS close by to the right. The back is not as consistent as the new volvo 9700 EV seen on this picture and there's the fact that the camo livery is very similar to other camo livery seen in the automotive industry to test early prototypes without "spoiling" the public.

48885179448_e579da2a10_6k.jpg

• Like 1