TTC Orion VII Retirement Tracker

19 minutes ago, Elijah bey said:

Oh I see I wonder what bus is it the best condition for the 8000 & 7900 fleet 

Also will there be a few 7900's and 8000's left in 2024 as well as the 1000's.

The best conditioned 8000's bus would be 8065 I think.

No one here knows what the “best” conditioned buses are, except for very certain members and mechanics. It all depends allocation, and basic shape, of the bus it’s self. If it’s based out of a division which operates 7 days a week, and 24 hours a day. It’s quite obvious which buses are in good condition, and which have higher mileage. Buses are out for almost 20 hours a day going through different road conditions. You can also tell if the bus is out of shape or not. Judging by the frame, exterior, interior, engine, and transmission of it. 

To add onto the discussion on "condition", that will often change on a daily basis as components age. If one of the best-running buses suddenly blows something expensive, or is involved in an accident, it'll be gone.

Once a bus series gets in line for retirement, more cost-benefit decisions start occurring. If a repair requies too much money or manpower to fix, it'll hit the scrap pile. And as more new buses start arriving, that cost point will only decrease, until it starts becoming a search for any excuse to get rid of the last few buses.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Elijah bey said:

Oh I see I wonder what bus is it the best condition for the 8000 & 7900 fleet

The best conditioned 8000's bus would be 8065 I think.

Well, I have heard that 8065 is the best condition, so the answer might be 8065, I think, maybe.

15 hours ago, MCIBUS said:

Would the TTC consider any possibility of adding any of these buses or other TTC Buses to their Historical fleet?

Yes, the TTC should preserve enough LOUD HANDMEDOWN 7900s to fully operate 50 BURNHAMTHORPE.

If they can send one or two out on 66 PRINCE EDWARD or 77 SWANSEA, from time to time, so much the better.

(It does not take a genius to figure that out.)

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, T3G said:

Anyone have 1078's last day? I saw it last Monday, I wonder if there were other days or if that was it.

According to transsee, it was running Tuesday on the 35 until around 2 xm. Didn't seem to have any issues since it completed all trips on the run.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 7749 said:

According to transsee, it was running Tuesday on the 35 until around 2 xm. Didn't seem to have any issues since it completed all trips on the run.

It was out Wednesday morning on 79. It was suppose to be out until the end of PM peak but it ran in around 10:30am. 1416 replaced it about an hour later.

• Thanks 2

On 10/30/2023 at 12:00 PM, ilovettc said:

TTC: 8011 was out of Queensway Garage this morning 

Can anyone confirm this unless it's coming from this child?

On 10/28/2023 at 7:14 PM, MCIBUS said:

Would the TTC consider any possibility of adding any of these buses or other TTC Buses to their Historical fleet?

To add onto this discussion, I would say Orion #8097 is a good bus to preserve, since it is quite a good unit, a lot of Operators like it. It rides a lot smoother and it runs well.

1 hour ago, The Squishy Bus said:

Can anyone confirm this unless it's coming from this child?

To add onto this discussion, I would say Orion #8097 is a good bus to preserve, since it is quite a good unit, a lot of Operators like it. It rides a lot smoother and it runs well.

delete

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ilovettc said:

I saw it on TransSee that 8011 was on Wilson Avenue then turning onto Islington Avenue to head back over to Queensway Garage yesterday morning.

TransSee does not count, if you actually saw it, then it is confirmed. Besides, this is a RETIREMENT thread. I get that 8011 is retired, and mods, I am sorry if I caused a problem here.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, wil9402 said:

It was out Wednesday morning on 79. It was suppose to be out until the end of PM peak but it ran in around 10:30am. 1416 replaced it about an hour later.

Yup that's correct. It just didn't cross my mind to check the day ahead for some reason. Thanks for the correction.