TTC Electric Buses

4 hours ago, wil9402 said:

I don't think the TTC has installed any roof top charging stations at the moment. 3710-3724 and 3735-3749 have roof top chargers in addition to the plug in charging ports. They were ordered with roof top chargers for potential testing in the future I believe. The second batch of Proterras might have needed another round of training/familiarization possibly for the slight differences between them and the first batch. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on any of this.

You pretty much nailed it. Nothing to do with the roof top chargers. Also the fact the PDI Inspections and repairs are being performed by an outside company (in the past with the Orions and Nova's the PDI was performed by TTC Techs) and any defects found have to be corrected before TTC will accept the bus.

6 hours ago, TTCNLFBT said:

3700, 3729 and 3758 were at Kennedy Stn this morning.

IMG_0658 a.JPGIMG_0660 a.JPGIMG_0661 a.JPG

IMG_0664 a.JPG

These are real time, head to head “stress tests” to verify range, acceleration rates, braking etc over the next month or so. They’ll be shadowing various routes in convoy with equal loading of water jugs to simulate passenger loads.

• Like 9