• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

3700 is here https://twitter.com/TTCStuart/status/1117878364063162368 https://twitter.com/TTCStuart/status/1117878364063162368  

The green New flyer bus is still at arrow road garage its parked inside right now. I have been informed that the ttc will use this bus to test out the charging machines and infrastructure built for th

Posted Images

On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 4:35 PM, FabianColeyLOVESBUSES said:

3723 is now delivered at arrow road garage.

There's a photo in today's Toronto Sun showing 3723 on a flatbed trailer crossing the US/Canada border in Sarnia on 16 March 2020:

afp_1q00dt_77693264-e1586199511104.jpg

Photo by Geoff Robins, AFP/Getty Images

image.thumb.png.b5648acb7c1641da08aefb2de25f0c6d.png

• Like 7
  • 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, leylandvictory2 said:

Drivers at eglinton were invited to check out byd bus. I attached a photo of the interior.  

They will.not enter service anytime soon.

I got the instructor permission to take photos.  Since my internet suck, you all will have to settle for the interior shot for now.

Are those backwards facing seats over the wheel well?

1 hour ago, leylandvictory2 said:

Drivers at eglinton were invited to check out byd bus. I attached a photo of the interior. 

They will.not enter service anytime soon.

Was there a reason given that you can share? Could it be training is halted because of coronavirus?

13 hours ago, leylandvictory2 said:

yes

it has nothing to do with virus. There are kinks to work out still.  

I think it does. Ops won’t be cleared to take them until the training department gets vendor training themselves. 

Since that won’t be happening for the foreseeable future, and the training department itself is only functioning on a rudimentary level, the legal department (likely telecommuting from their own basements themselves) aren’t going to expose the commission to liability by releasing them without every T crossed and I dotted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
On 4/26/2020 at 9:49 AM, MK78 said:

At first probably short routes close enough to the garage, I would imagine.

Could be something like 68 Warden or 34 Eglinton East. Something close or frequent so if it breaks down, it's okay.

For MtD, the 6 Bay made sense for it's largely downtown traffic and to showcase ebuses to more people. Eglinton doesn't have that kinda route so it would be wise to pick one similar to the 35 Jane.