3 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

Could be something like 68 Warden or 34 Eglinton East. Something close or frequent so if it breaks down, it's okay.

For MtD, the 6 Bay made sense for it's largely downtown traffic and to showcase ebuses to more people. Eglinton doesn't have that kinda route so it would be wise to pick one similar to the 35 Jane.

Maybe the 116B if it ever gets restored, thats only a few buses in peak hours they can give them a gradual introduction.

4 hours ago, Downsview34. said:

3754 is out and about right now. Was just seen heading south of wilson on Bathurst street. Destination sign was signed up as “TRAINING BUS”

Can confirm, still out on Bathurst with weights near the back seats. Mimicking servicing stops, etc. Been about 5 hours on the road now. 

IMG_20200429_195629.jpg

• Like 9
10 hours ago, MK78 said:

Interesting, i just looked at the tracker and 3754 was just in Bluffers Park in Scarborough.

If they are just doing some sort of "burn-in"/acceptance testing, they do not have to follow any certain kind of routing. As long as they get the kms in and don't go anywhere a bus doesn't fit.

Might as well have some fun with it and go through some less commonly visited locations, such as Bluffer's Park. No visitors also means fewer people trying to flag down the bus in there.

17 minutes ago, Articulated said:

If they are just doing some sort of "burn-in"/acceptance testing, they do not have to follow any certain kind of routing. As long as they get the kms in and don't go anywhere a bus doesn't fit.

Might as well have some fun with it and go through some less commonly visited locations, such as Bluffer's Park. No visitors also means fewer people trying to flag down the bus in there.

I'm pretty sure they are testing for performance not burn in. Mimicking service stops with weights would be totally unnecessary for something simple. The roadway out of Buffer's Park is a great place to test how well the bus climbs on a steep slope.

4 minutes ago, Xtrazsteve said:

I'm pretty sure they are testing for performance not burn in. Mimicking service stops with weights would be totally unnecessary for something simple. The roadway out of Buffer's Park is a great place to test how well the bus climbs on a steep slope.

That was my exact thinking, very steep grade and long.

On 4/30/2020 at 12:56 AM, BusFreak93 said:

Can confirm, still out on Bathurst with weights near the back seats. Mimicking servicing stops, etc. Been about 5 hours on the road now. 

IMG_20200429_195629.jpg

I saw it driving on York Mills as well. Such an ungainly looking bus. 

1 hour ago, TTCNLFBT said:

TTC BYD 3754 was doing some hill testing on Pharmacy south of St. Clair today.  It came back to Eglinton Garage at 1:37 pm.

3754 (1) a.JPG3754 (2) a.JPG

are you sure about the hill testing?  training has started today for drivers.  not sure if those drivers who will be going to other divisions will be trained.

1 minute ago, leylandvictory2 said:

are you sure about the hill testing?  training has started today for drivers.  not sure if those drivers who will be going to other divisions will be trained.

Yes, it was going up and down for about three times between VP Stn to Warden Stn via Pharmacy and then eb on St. Clair.