TTC Electric Buses

26 minutes ago, MK78 said:

3750 seems to be out on 116 Morningside again, and its nearly 7pm. so its definitely running later in the day.

The Eglinton eBuses are only being assigned to the AM/PM peak extras on 116. There are 3 in the morning and 3 in the evening. The three PM peak extras on 116 run in a little later than the end of PM peak. The run that 3750 is on today afternoon goes out of service at Finch around 7:30. The other two go out of service around 8:30 and 9pm if I'm not wrong.

2 hours ago, wil9402 said:

The Eglinton eBuses are only being assigned to the AM/PM peak extras on 116. There are 3 in the morning and 3 in the evening. The three PM peak extras on 116 run in a little later than the end of PM peak. The run that 3750 is on today afternoon goes out of service at Finch around 7:30. The other two go out of service around 8:30 and 9pm if I'm not wrong.

I see, cool. I'm gonna have to make an effort to catch one. I don't have an excuse since it passes by my house lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bus_7246 said:

3738 has entered service recently (not sure of the route), but apparently now has a pest problem that requires fumigation 

Bedbugs maybe? There have been some stories over the last few years of them on TTC vehicles.

On 9/21/2020 at 12:00 PM, bus_7246 said:

The trio of power (3700, 3729 & 3758) were just in the Mt Dennis area. They just turned south onto Black Creek Drive coming out of Todd Baylis and Trethewey 

They were mimicking the 71 Runnymede, I saw them at Runnymede Station

• Like 1

I find it interesting because electric buses are fairly simple, there is an electric motor, connected to a battery. The software determines how much power to put out or regenerate, much like a GO Cart.  It's much simpler than a conventional diesel bus.  If range is an issue, it could be with the software that allows too much power to be sent out to the wheels or not enough Re-gen.  Or it's simply an issue with the batteries not holding the charge that they where designed to. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Shaun said:

I find it interesting because electric buses are fairly simple, there is an electric motor, connected to a battery. The software determines how much power to put out or regenerate, much like a GO Cart.  It's much simpler than a conventional diesel bus.  If range is an issue, it could be with the software that allows too much power to be sent out to the wheels or not enough Re-gen.  Or it's simply an issue with the batteries not holding the charge that they where designed to.

Did you really just compare a bus to a go cart? If it was only that simple. 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, drum118 said:

This doesn't bold well for BYD buses been tested by TTC.

I known IndyGo was having issues with BYD buses for the Red Line, but not this much.

It will be interesting what TTC's own range reports will be. At least they got these buses going before winter, so hopefully they will have enough data after the winter with respect to cold weather performance. They missed the chance to test them in the scorching hot June/July.

Has the TTC released any numbers on the New Flyers or Proterras, in terms of range they're getting vs what they are rated for?