TTC Delays and Disruptions

The alert system says to activate it in the case of harassment, vandalism, injury or illness. Does this mean if I see a guy cutting the seats i should push it?

use your professional judgement. It is hard to say. It depends on the situation. What I mean is if you activiate the alarm, will you substain an injury or death.

from cbc.ca

Signal problems at Union Station forced the TTC to shut down part of its subway service for more than an hour Thursday during rush hour.

Thousands of commuters scrambled to find ways to get home as all service on the Yonge-University subway line south of Bloor station was shut down around 4:20 p.m.

Dozens of shuttle buses were deployed to transport passengers.

The problem was fixed a little over an hour later and service resumed.

There was a similar story about that problem on 102.1 The Edge but it was a shortened version announced by Adwoa (sorry, I could only pronounce the first name). She said the signals on the Y-U-S line BW between St. George and Bloor weren't working. :wacko: Mostly they were stuck on red and refused to change.

the updated story on the cbc site today said that it was a power failure in the lower YUS portion. they claim that the entire shutdown of the YUS line was precaution over the reliability of the entire signal system. it would explain the stop and go process of trains north of bloor/danforth after the "all clear" and the amount of radio chatter i could hear coming from one of the driver cabs.

It wouldn't have any passengers since the Yonge-University-Spadina Line would be one block away from it on each side and would take the ridership away.

YUS is already very crowded, I certainly would rather take a less busy bay line over YUS. plus if you design it correctly and avoid spots like wellsley, you can have it much quicker then its neighbours.

The alert system says to activate it in the case of harassment, vandalism, injury or illness. Does this mean if I see a guy cutting the seats i should push it?

Does'nt that fall under vandalism? Of course you can push it, ....if you want to get involved that is.

At around 5:40pm there were delays on northbound Yonge from Eglinton to Summerhill. One train was stuck just outside Davisville! :P

There was emergency track work going on this morning northbound between Eglinton and Lawrence that had the northbound Yonge line crawling from Bloor to Lawrence...it took me 25 minutes to get from Bloor to Eglinton, and almost every second train was being short turned at Eglinton.

There was emergency track work going on this morning northbound between Eglinton and Lawrence that had the northbound Yonge line crawling from Bloor to Lawrence...it took me 25 minutes to get from Bloor to Eglinton, and almost every second train was being short turned at Eglinton.

backed right up to spadina line. I was at lawrence west, and the train stopped for like 4 minutes there, and another full minute at glencarin. it also waited for some time at eg west.

It was still happening today according to the announcements this morning. I hope it's fixed by pm rush. :P

Weird...I didn't hear any announcements this morning, and the Spadina line was smooth sailing from St. George north.
There were lots of announcements when I was going southbound from Downsview to Queen 8-8:30 a.m., but they were hard to understand because of inconsistent volume. I only heard "track work" and "Lawrence".

There were lots of announcements when I was going southbound from Downsview to Queen 8-8:30 a.m., but they were hard to understand because of inconsistent volume. I only heard "track work" and "Lawrence".

Well guess what... I was on the YUS going up to Finch during the PM and.. THE TRACK WORK WAS STILL BEING DONE!!! :lol::P See my post on the general sightings thread. I was ranting soo much when I got home last night. The delay was from northbound from Summerhill to Lawrence.

It was like that on Thursday morning too

Passenger injury @ track level @ Coxwell Stn shut down subways both ways between Woodbine and Broadview.

I waited at Woodbine (with hundreds of other people) for 30 minutes until a shuttle bus finally arrived. I fought my way, but I managed to get on the first shuttle bus! :P I, along with 5 other people, were on the doorsteps lmao.

This was my first time on a subway shuttle...puts a new meaning to crammed like sardines.

Wilson Wu

Markham, ON

Passenger injury @ track level @ Coxwell Stn shut down subways both ways between Woodbine and Broadview.

I waited at Woodbine (with hundreds of other people) for 30 minutes until a shuttle bus finally arrived. I fought my way, but I managed to get on the first shuttle bus! :lol: I, along with 5 other people, were on the doorsteps lmao.

This was my first time on a subway shuttle...puts a new meaning to crammed like sardines.

Wilson Wu

Markham, ON

LOL! You think thats bad? I was on 7310 on the 300 going to the walk for autism today. My and my cousin were literally next to the doors because the bus was soo crushloaded.

What time did this occur?

I was on the system @ like 8 and it was all fine

I waited at Woodbine (with hundreds of other people) for 30 minutes until a shuttle bus finally arrived. I fought my way, but I managed to get on the first shuttle bus! :lol: I, along with 5 other people, were on the doorsteps lmao.

Wilson Wu

Markham, ON

Passenger Injury @ track level @ St. Clair Station shut down service between St. Clair and Finch.

Shuttle buses were running for 30 mins at around 3:45pm to 4:15pm.

This kinda explained why me and my grandma were the only people on one of the viva buses leaving Finch...

Wilson Wu

Markham, ON

Which way where you going? should have took the 91 up to Mortimer or Cosburn than gone East or West to Main or Boardview station

its been a while since we had 2 jumpers in one day

Passenger Injury @ track level @ St. Clair Station shut down service between St. Clair and Finch.

Shuttle buses were running for 30 mins at around 3:45pm to 4:15pm.

This kinda explained why me and my grandma were the only people on one of the viva buses leaving Finch...

Around the same time (3:45pm), there was no subway service between St.Clair West Stn. and Wilson Stn. due to signal problems. Shuttle buses still running between the two stations last time I checked, which was around 4:50pm.

Around the same time (3:45pm), there was no subway service between St.Clair West Stn. and Wilson Stn. due to signal problems. Shuttle buses still running between the two stations last time I checked, which was around 4:50pm.

really bad day for subway travelers