TTC CLRV/ALRV updates and discussion

23 minutes ago, nfitz said:

I spotted 4048 on King East about 10 minutes ago training (with the sign up, and orange vests inside). Heading east on Queen East at Logan right now.

I wonder how much longer they are going to be doing training on the CRLVs.

I also notice 4204 just went to Roncesvalles, I wonder if they’re training on ALRVs still. I don’t see why they would, but it’s possible. 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, CLRV4002 said:

I also notice 4204 just went to Roncesvalles, I wonder if they’re training on ALRVs still. I don’t see why they would, but it’s possible. 

All new operators are only being trained on the CLRVs. The last class that trained on the ALRV was in January 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, FabianColeyLOVESBUSES said:

no 4207 was just doing some road testing it was in the service bay yesterday I believe.

Yes it was in the service bay yesterday and/or the day before.

CNE starts this Friday so maybe the fact that 4204 and 4207 have been moving around means they might be attempting to run them. 

21 minutes ago, Robert Lubinski said:

Does it still have the GO RVing ad on it? That ad wasn't on for long!

Yeah no kidding. I remember it having the tracks on tracks ad not too long ago then I rode it about a week ago with the GO RVing ad on it. I saw it in the yard shortly after with the ad on it. 

22 hours ago, CLRV4002 said:

Yes it was in the service bay yesterday and/or the day before.

CNE starts this Friday so maybe the fact that 4204 and 4207 have been moving around means they might be attempting to run them. 

At this point, why are they even bothering if these things make a few runs...

4 hours ago, nfitz said:

Not sure they are bothering ... last thing they need is a streetcar broken down near the CNE.

A few operators in the Toronto Transit FB group seem to think they are. Seems foolhardy, but I guess we'll see in the coming days.

3 hours ago, JWC said:

Hey PCC Guy when is the retired CLRV summary going to be updated next? Thanks!

Sorry for the delay, I was out of town. The list has been updated.

We are currently at 71 (known) remaining CLRVs. The other day I had a look on TransSee and observed 7 cars on the 501L, 28 on the 506, and 4 on the 511. Unless they are cycling through cars to ensure none of them run too many days at a time, I suspect the number of CLRVs that are still good for active duty may be even lower, even if not all of the inactive ones are stripped yet.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, PCC Guy said:

A few operators in the Toronto Transit FB group seem to think they are. Seems foolhardy, but I guess we'll see in the coming days.

Sorry for the delay, I was out of town. The list has been updated.

We are currently at 71 (known) remaining CLRVs. The other day I had a look on TransSee and observed 7 cars on the 501L, 28 on the 506, and 4 on the 511. Unless they are cycling through cars to ensure none of them run too many days at a time, I suspect the number of CLRVs that are still good for active duty may be even lower, even if not all of the inactive ones are stripped yet.

And there aren't that many active 40xx cars remaining I usually see only 10-15 of them in service on a day to day basis. 

• Like 2