TTC CLRV/ALRV updates and discussion

22 minutes ago, TTC Guy said:

507? Do you mean 501L?

They’re essentially the same. 

10 minutes ago, bus_7246 said:

Definitely not happening lol. I remember 6671 or 6674 (I can’t remember which on now) ran without logos on the front and sides for an extended period of time before receiving them well after being refurbished 

Has sarcasm been banned?

The best time to catch a CLRV on 501A is early morning westbound and late evening eastbound while trekking from Russell to Lake Shore and vice versa but what about other times during the day? Is there one that gets added or removed to the mix before or after peak period?

12 hours ago, TransitFan88 said:

They’re essentially the same. 

Has sarcasm been banned?

I caught the sarcasm. But in the midst of the hot afternoon that we just had, I thought of an example rather than just laughter. My bad

A summary of what the new CEO report says about the ALRVs:

In May they ran for 926 KM in limited service and suffered 1 recorded failure of the compressed air system (from what I remember this was 4221). They are available for supplemental service if required and will be decommissioned by the end of this year. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, bus_7246 said:

4101, 4120 & maybe 4041 are going to be hauled away today

Yeah I believe I saw 4120 on a truck when I was going for lunch around 11am, I was gonna snap a pic on the way back but it was gone.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Bus_Medic said:

There may be interchangeable parts that can be recycled into the 8300s

Considering how badly the unit got munched as part of the removal from the car, I'm not sure how much of it may end up being able to be salvaged.

Dan

4 hours ago, JWC said:

There's only 6 decommissioned clrvs with the headlights missing at Russell Yard right now. 

I’m genuinely curious: What is the TTC planning to do with the huge collection of CLRV headlights they’ve amassed that’s far greater than any reasonable requirement for spares for the remaining active cars between now and the end of the year?

2 hours ago, Wayside Observer said:

I’m genuinely curious: What is the TTC planning to do with the huge collection of CLRV headlights they’ve amassed that’s far greater than any reasonable requirement for spares for the remaining active cars between now and the end of the year?

IIRC, I've heard TTC is planning on keeping 1-2 CLRVs and an ALRV as historic cars. Plus cars are going to HCRR.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Wayside Observer said:

Some dude in Greenwood probably being asked if they can be fitted to T1s to save money in the Era of Doug.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1