Bombardier/Alstom Flexity Deliveries

23 hours ago, smallspy said:

And once again, CP goes out of it's way to prove me wrong....

Dan

5 minutes ago, smallspy said:

It was still at Lambton at 10pm last night.

Dan

Pardon the blurry image, but it's still there as of 8:45 this morning as well just west of Runnymede.  Lambton seems pretty full right now, wonder why the backlog?

IMG_20190208_084732.jpg

1 hour ago, TTC Guy said:

Yes, I saw as well. Is it 4573?

I assume so.  I was getting ready to take the pic and didn't catch the number but it (along with everything else at Lambton) has been pretty much in the same position since Tuesday.  It's on one of the southernmost tracks in the Yard making spotting it from the street difficult.  The Cintas plant is fenced off, so I don't think they'd take kindly to people taking photos from their back lot.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gil said:

I assume so.  I was getting ready to take the pic and didn't catch the number but it (along with everything else at Lambton) has been pretty much in the same position since Tuesday.  It's on one of the southernmost tracks in the Yard making spotting it from the street difficult.  The Cintas plant is fenced off, so I don't think they'd take kindly to people taking photos from their back lot.

I’ll try and see the number later today

7 hours ago, crs1026 said:

There are now two cars at Lambton. 4526 and 4573. Saw them this morning.

The TTC spur at Hillcrest was blocked with freight cars. I guess that's why nothing is getting delivered just now.

- Paul

Thanks for the info. The freight train blocking the Hillcrest spur is still there and it has been in the same location since the ice storm hit on Tuesday overnight. I am wondering why 4526 ended up at Lambton, since deliveries from Thunder Bay are routed directly to Agincourt. I presume 4525 is still being held at Agincourt.

My jaded but “from experience” theory is that CP monitors dwell time at Agincourt, and having cars there that are just sitting around hurts their dwell time statistics. Whereas they may not be noticed or tracked as “standing still” if they are sent to Lambton. Yes, railways really do that to fudge their performance metrics.

- Paul

On 2/6/2019 at 10:11 AM, ttc rider said:

Car 4525 will be delivered to Hillcrest first. Car 4573 will follow later this week, since it needs to travel to Agincourt first. However, they will both have to wait their turn for delivery until tomorrow at the earliest, due to the weather conditions this morning.

I'm seeing elsewhere that neither have been delivered yet, and 4526 was delivered first. Was 4525 ever seen at Agincourt?

7 hours ago, nfitz said:

I'm seeing elsewhere that neither have been delivered yet, and 4526 was delivered first. Was 4525 ever seen at Agincourt?

I have it on good authority that car 4525 was at the factory gate in Thunder Bay, loaded up and ready to be shipped on the evening of Tue, Jan. 29. It was picked up by CP on Jan. 31, to be marshalled into train No. 420, which is the train that CP uses to bring the cars down to Toronto. Considering that the cars are delivered to Agincourt first, and almost two weeks have passed since the car left the factory, I had assumed it is already in Toronto - a reasonable assumption. With the ice storm last week and the snowstorm this week, all deliveries have been delayed. Considering that only one car can be delivered to Hillcrest at a time, it is not totally unexpected that the order in which the cars get to Hillcrest is not the same as the order they left the factory.

Car 4526 was released from the factory a little later, on Fri, Feb. 1, it was picked up by CP the following Monday (the 4th) and yet it has reached Hillcrest first.

And just to clarify - car 4526 was indeed delivered to the loading dock at Hillcrest last night, but it has not been offloaded yet. That will likely happen tomorrow (i.e. Thursday) morning.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, nfitz said:

I don't know about Agincourt, but there are certainly photos of it on a flatcar in Lambton in the past couple of days.

Dan

• Like 3

2 hours ago, crs1026 said:

^ Dan, are you sure of the numbers? The car that sat at Lambton for a couple days was 4526, by my eyes.

I have been looking for a photo of 4525 but haven't found one yet......?

- Paul

There is a photo that is tagged as being by Trevor Parkins-Sciberras that was sent to me by a friend, but I can't seem to find hide nor hair of it online right now. It looks to have been taken from the fence at the south side of Runnymede Park in one of the snowstorms last week.

Dan

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ttc rider said:

Car 4526 was offloaded at Hillcrest this morning (i.e. Thu, Feb. 14).
It also seems that car 4486 has finally risen from the dead after the incident at St. Clair West Station on September 27 last year. It was used for the tow job at Hillcrest this morning.

Yes I saw 4526 moving on its own power on Queen at Yonge around 5pm in heavy traffic.

11 hours ago, ttc rider said:

Car 4526 was offloaded at Hillcrest this morning (i.e. Thu, Feb. 14).
It also seems that car 4486 has finally risen from the dead after the incident at St. Clair West Station on September 27 last year. It was used for the tow job at Hillcrest this morning.

Hopefully that means the car will soon be back in service.

9 hours ago, crs1026 said:

4525 was sitting at Lambton this morning.

4526 - offloaded

4527 - may be offloaded today?

4528 - en route

4529 - ready to ship

4573 - ?

- Paul

Car 4525 was delivered by CP to Hillcrest today in the early afternoon and was also offloaded today (i.e. Fri, Feb. 15).

Considering that the long weekend is coming up and there were three cars waiting in queue to be delivered (4525, 4527 & 4573), the decision was made to offload 4525 this afternoon. This is the first afternoon unloading that I know of.

Car 4525 came off the transporter around 4:30 PM. Car 4486 was at Hillcrest by 9:30 this morning. It waited until CP brought in the delivery and was then used for the tow job, just like yesterday when 4526 arrived. 

4525 might spend the long weekend on hold at Hillcrest or end up being towed to Leslie, if the prelim inspection cannot be done tonight.

I expect that cars 4527 & 4573 will have to wait their turn for delivery until next Tuesday at the earliest.

Car 4573, the second production vehicle from Millhaven - was offloaded at Hillcrest this morning (i.e. Tue, Feb. 19). Car 4486 was again used to tow it off of CP's transporter.

As a minor cosmetic detail, unlike the first car from Kingston (4572) which was delivered with the unit number displayed in black font numbers at the front of the car, 4573 came in with no numbers in that location at all, just like all production vehicles from Thunder Bay.