General FY Moments

Orion VIII

Next month, I'm going to be in Slovakia for most of the month due to a wedding. As per the norm, I'll take this opportunity to go transit fanning in Bratislava when possible. Last time this happened back in 2013, I had to leave the city around 2 PM because that's when the last bus left, but I checked the schedules again recently and now there are departures as late as 5 PM, which will afford me plenty of time to photograph equipment running during the afternoon rush hour.

• 2 weeks later...

What?!?! I can't believe that! You have to ride a classic! You can't ride a Newlook and a D40 and not ride a classic! Well, you'd better catch a classic before they are all gone!

I don't think Classics were common around here. I have never even seen one in person either. I wish i could go to Saskatoon or Transit Windsor, but they are kinda far from SF.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not so much a FY moment, just more in the line of a pleasant surprise.

I discovered a friend of mine visiting Vancouver. I didn't know he was in town, but we encountered in the middle of a crosswalk downtown. Surprised the dickens out of me. So we quickly arranged to do a light lunch later. It was good to reconnect. I had a great time. :)

Forgot to post this on Saturday, but I was finally got to sit inside a BMW M3, Mercedes Benz C63 AMG 507 Edition, and a Nissan GTR.

BMW M3

11062868_1027266700635569_55546897964094

Mercedes Benz C63 AMG 507 Edition

10956212_1027266843968888_24140520703427

Nissan GTR

10671318_1027267087302197_59980399169831

Also I was finally able to see a Mercedes Benz AMG GT S and a Porsche 918 Spyder for the first time :o

Mercedes Benz AMG GT S

11081359_1027266920635547_77550068456915

Porsche 918 Spyder

10393929_1027266317302274_73698544242265

Great News. I will be able to go swimming after all. The doctor recommended some waterproof dressings that she said I can get changed every other day or so. They are about $6.50 each. She didn't mention them at first because she didn't realize how serious I was about 'my swimming addiction'. It's not until I broke down in tears that she told me about these. She said most people opt not to buy them because of the cost - that they'd rather just take a break from water-sports.

• 3 weeks later...

I had an all around good day today. Also, Golden Gate Transit transfers were fantastic today. In the morning, I was riding 1503 (Orion V) on the route 10, which is not scheduled to transfer to my 22 only by a few minutes. However, I asked the driver if he could get there by 11:27AM and he said he wasn't sure if he could, but he would try. Then he took like a 5 minute break. After that he floored it all the way down to my stop and I made it.

At night (8:20 PM-ish), my 22 usually misses the early route 70 going to SF. However, it was still there waiting for me tonight. Once I was arriving at the Golden Gate Bridge Toll Plaza, the driver said she would try to wait for me every time.

Yesterday, I got to watch a friggin canucks playoff game live club seating for free.

Found the ticket on the floor near granville and Dunsmuir. Thought this wasnt right but once I found out it was real there was no way I could resell it.

Lucky you !!! I'm at Granville and Dunsmuir all the time. Good thing you found it though, I don't care for hockey !!!

Looking at my budget for next month, I actually have a lot more money than I did this month because of unexpected expenses this month. I should put the extra in my savings account but knowing me, I'll probably spend it on something stupid. Don't get me wrong. Being on odsp (disibality), Im still quite poor. :rolleyes: