Random thought came to my head not so long ago
If Metro Vancouver was told that over 10 million people would be moving into the region over the course of the next 10 years. What do you think Translink would do to cope with the drastic population growth.
A few ideas I came up were:
- A bi-directional loop line around the downtown area. Starting from Waterfront station heading west on Pender St -> south on Denman towards English Bay -> east on Beach Blvd -> cut across false creek to Granville Island -> along 6th Ave -> north on Main St -> then towards Chinatown and back at Waterfront Stn.
- Having the 3, 8, 10, 20, 43, 44, 49, 95, 100,130, 239, 319, 320, 321, 375, 502, 601, and 701 turn into either a Skytrain or Subway Line.
- Have all routes that currently operate to near FTN levels to become FTN routes
- All day bi-directional service on the West Coast Express with dedicated tracks.
- New commuter rail service between Surrey Central Stn and Chilliwack with stops in Abbotsford.
-New all day express train service paralleling the Expo Line.