General FY Moments

Orion VIII

I've been doing some trips to the Fremont area and Palo Alto, CA via Dumbarton Express. So far my 2 major trips have been extremely successful! I got to ride an Ex-SamTrans 1998 Gillig Phantom (646) for the first time since December 2014! I felt like I was breaking the rules of logic or something.

Then yesterday I got Ex-SamTrans 808, 2003 Gillig Phantom suburban with a Detroit Series 50 EGR! However, my main plan was to meet up with my friend in Union City and to get on a Ex-LADOT, Exx-Hertz 1996 Gillig Phantom with a Series 50. Even though the 808 driver gave me trouble for getting pictures of 808, 96002 (the 1996 Phantom) came after I met up with my friend. That driver of 96002 was a total sweetheart. She even let us on for FREE! When we arrived at the last stop, she was really interested in the fact that I am a transit fan. She actually took us to the back of the bus and showed us the Series 50 engine and everything! I'll post pictures on a different topic though. :P Best fanning trips ever! (outside of excursions).

I've finally gotten my braces off after having them on for about 2.5 years :D

I feel your joy. My cyst cavity is finally closing up after having to be packed and dressed every day or two for the past 50 days. If the abscess does not return I should be good in a week or two. !!!!

I feel your joy. My cyst cavity is finally closing up after having to be packed and dressed every day or two for the past 50 days. If the abscess does not return I should be good in a week or two. !!!!

I was soo happy today, I felt like a new person :D

That's good to hear that !!!! Does that mean that you can go back to swimming, if it doesn't return ???

That's good to hear that !!!! Does that mean that you can go back to swimming, if it doesn't return ???

Actually, I have been back swimming since April 02nd. I have been using waterproof bandages. They aren't totally waterproof, I think they were just meant for the user to shower, NOT swim for two hours. However, I have been getting the bandage changed at the clinic promptly after swimming. They didn't really want me to go back swimming, and they aren't sure that if I didn't swim if I would have recovered any faster. I did two weeks without swimming (which almost killed me), then I went back gradually for 2-3 weeks, only swimming two days a week. Then the last few weeks I went back to my regular 3 X a week schedule. There is always a chance that a cyst will return. Just like a pimple can come back. Same thing only on a more epic scale. They won't remove a cyst unless it becomes infected (as mine did). I am really hoping it won't return, but then I tend to not have very good luck with these things it would seem.

F yeah. Got braces myself from 2004-2007. One of the best $4500 I've spent. Before I'd bit myself in the mouth every 2 weeks, which takes just as long to heal. Ouch. :(

On the down side, you get to wear retainers every day for who knows how long, which feels like braces that you can remove. :D

Congrats. I had braces from ages 12 to 15 and then had to wear a retainer from 15 to 17 (may 2006-November 2010 if you want exact dates) and was happy when I finally got to stop wearing the retainer. There was one time when I first got my braces where the wire was digging into my cheek so badly that I left class without asking, went to the bathroom, and spit out a mouthful of blood.

today I bought a Logitech G27 Racing Wheel at Best Buy for $223.73 with tax instead of $372.89 with tax, got to love the price guarantee where they used it to beat amazon.ca price of 237.28 with tax. Man that made my day.

• 2 weeks later...

They finally opened up the small pool outside my building (it's only been sitting full of water since mid-March). Only they STILL haven't gotten around to installing outdoor lights (they took the old ones down with the intention of replacing them with LED) so as a result the pool is only open 0800-2000hrs.

I forgot to post this the other day, but I got a free Venti frapp from starbucks B) So I ordered my usual S'mores frapp but the dude screwed up my order and ended up making a Mocha frapp. I told him that he screwed up my order, so he made me a Venti S'mores frapp and gave me the Mocha one.

Me, my friend and a few other lucky people got free mcdonalds breakfast yesterday morning at 5:00 am. Reason being they took an extra half an hour to make the food because of machine troubles so the manager said it was on her. I myself got about $8 worth of food for free.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There was supposed to be an Islais Creek bus yard open house on 8/11/15, but it was only a meeting in a specific room. However, the main supervisor was very nice and gave me a tour of the majority of the yard. He even let me inside of a few buses that I haven't ridden on in ages (for example the Ex-AC Transit 1993 Gillig Phantoms, the 1999 NABI's, the preserved 1993 New Flyer E60, and even the seriously beat up 1984 MAN artic). I also saw a few new buses in the yard as well. He let me take pictures and gave me his card. I was the only transit fan that showed up at the meeting so it was pretty awesome that I finally got my wish to go inside of Islais Creek!!

Not sure where to post it, but...

I finally got my two-antenna setup to recognize channel 2 here this morning, albeit for a few seconds. Those antennas could never pick that station up...but, oddly enough, one of them managed to pick up channel 5 out of Cleveland one night last weekend.

I finally got my two-antenna setup to recognize channel 2 here this morning, albeit for a few seconds. Those antennas could never pick that station up...but, oddly enough, one of them managed to pick up channel 5 out of Cleveland one night last weekend.

Sometimes weather conditions or planetary positions / magnetic fields can play with signal strength. I used to get strange channels on my transistor radio every so often.

One place that I lived, I got the best DX TV reception by pointing the multi-element Yagi directly at my neighbor's house. The window screens and other metal in the structure must have made a great reflector; better than the one(s) built into the Yagi.