General FY Moments

Orion VIII

RE: TTC's decision of Metropass Discount Plan not being mailed due to Canada Post strike....

Apparently in coming days...

I am getting my July pass... Delivered... In person.... to... my home.

The TTC already gave me a 10.00 credit to my account.

The TTC already gave me a 10.00 credit to my account.

Awesome. They came on Monday to deliver my pass. They tried to slide it in the mail slot. Shows you how old my building is. I wanted to see them in person though :-(

Oh, well. Next postal strike.

-------

In other news. This VoIP sh** I just installed finally works after troubleshooting for many hours this late morning. For the while I figured Bell Internet doesn't like another company connecting/relying on their hardware... conspiracies, I tells you..

Today while visiting the Seashore Trolley Museum, I rode Boston type 7 car 5821 to Talbot Park loop. Ahead was ex SEPTA PCC 2709. The members on the car asked if there was any interest in riding the car. I spoke up. However, it was for museum members. As a last attempt, I said I was a member of A museum (HCRR). It worked and I got a private ride on 2709! :(

The reason why 2709 wouldn't take regular people is it is under restoration. (sometime post 2008, they were going to repaint it from the SEPTA livery to an older livery, but they realized part way through that the livery wouldn't match other upgrades/changes the PCC experienced and it will be restored to the SEPTA livery again. Whoops on Seashore's part!)

I also got access to parts of the museum normally off limits to visitors.

So 2 FY moments!

Having PCC 4500 all to myself from Rees St. to the Ex grounds, then only a couple of people from there to Union Stn. The constant 5+ 509/510/511's in front were sucking everyone up, and people were running past 4500 for them because they were "in front" even when we were practically glued to their butts the entire way.

DSC08528R.jpg

I am pleased to say that at 3:49 AM this morning, one of my traps was heard triggering. Then upon discovery, I have found the dead body of The evil mastermind Osama Bin Mousin.

IMAG0178.jpg

Did you really have to post the dead body? :) I think my brain got scarred for life. :S