TTC Orion VII Movement List

1 hour ago, Shemar said:

Out of all the TTC units that Queensway could use (if this was the case), you think the hybrids??? I think that Queensway would borrow some of Wilson's 81xx.

Was just a guess, basing the fact that they are currently retiring, so maybe some could "retire" from Malvern, and go to Queensway for one month. I don't know. 

2 minutes ago, Orion VI said:

Was just a guess, basing the fact that they are currently retiring, so maybe some could "retire" from Malvern, and go to Queensway for one month. I don't know. 

Queensway can't hold hybrid. This has been said before.

1 hour ago, Xtrazsteve said:

Or every division with diesel Novas can loan a few. We seen this before.

It just means there's no communication between the supervisor and the bus as Bell will shut down the network. Nothing preventing it from physically not being driven around. They could still be used as operator shuttle or shelter bus. 

Discrete emergency alarm won’t work. Unless the safety department changes their policy, They’d call that unfit for service.

The special events buses would be pressed into use for that kind of thing if they were that desperate.

2 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

Or every division with diesel Novas can loan a few. We seen this before.

It just means there's no communication between the supervisor and the bus as Bell will shut down the network. Nothing preventing it from physically not being driven around. They could still be used as operator shuttle or shelter bus. 

They could just put a radio on the bus for communication. I believe the new streetcars will have a radio on board until vision is installed. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I am wondering if Queensway doesn't have enough bus to cover..

I know 6 cars (7900-7905) were transferred to the TPS, and just discovered 7936 is retired as well.. (so that means 7)

And I thought all of the 8400-8617 are at Birchmount, but some of the fleets are now at Queensway.. I think it is 8406, 8428-8436, 8605-8617 That is 23..

So does it mean all or most of the 8400-8617 will eventually be transferred to Queensway once 7900-7979 and 8000-8099 are gone? 

1 hour ago, raptorjays said:

I am wondering if Queensway doesn't have enough bus to cover..

I know 6 cars (7900-7905) were transferred to the TPS, and just discovered 7936 is retired as well.. (so that means 7)

And I thought all of the 8400-8617 are at Birchmount, but some of the fleets are now at Queensway.. I think it is 8406, 8428-8436, 8605-8617 That is 23..

So does it mean all or most of the 8400-8617 will eventually be transferred to Queensway once 7900-7979 and 8000-8099 are gone? 

8400-8617 as a whole series are not all at Birchmount.  Most are, but not all.  That would create somewhat of a bus shortage issue if they were to all transfer to Queensway.  By the time the 7900s and 8000s retire, I'm sure there will be more buses to replace them.  

9 hours ago, 7969 said:

8400-8617 as a whole series are not all at Birchmount.  Most are, but not all.  That would create somewhat of a bus shortage issue if they were to all transfer to Queensway.  By the time the 7900s and 8000s retire, I'm sure there will be more buses to replace them.  

Guys are we 100 sure 7936 has indeed retired? The series isn't supposed to be retiring right now, and if any mechs here have other info, it could be in perfect condition. Maybe it's the island bus, that could explain why its not on the list. But guys, (don't get mad at me for saying this) can we authenticate that a bus has actually retired before we mark it as retired?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Orion VI said:

Guys are we 100 sure 7936 has indeed retired? The series isn't supposed to be retiring right now, and if any mechs here have other info, it could be in perfect condition. Maybe it's the island bus, that could explain why its not on the list. But guys, (don't get mad at me for saying this) can we authenticate that a bus has actually retired before we mark it as retired?

I’m pretty sure someone said it was taken off the allocation list.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Orion VI said:

That’s what I meant when I said list. An Island Bus isn’t normally under any service or allocation list.

That's not correct. Buses on the Island are still noted under their home division's allocation roster.

When 6221 and 6223 were the last Classics standing and dedicated solely to Toronto Island service, the allocation sheet still had both of them under Mount Dennis.

39 minutes ago, Articulated said:

That's not correct. Buses on the Island are still noted under their home division's allocation roster.

When 6221 and 6223 were the last Classics standing and dedicated solely to Toronto Island service, the allocation sheet still had both of them under Mount Dennis.

I know this is a bit off-topic but what does an Island Bus even do?

1 minute ago, 7969 said:

I know this is a bit off-topic but what does an Island Bus even do?

It is used occasionally to shuttle the people who live on the Island. I think it is also used by City staff to move around materials and supplies. The City also maintains a school bus type vehicle on the Island, and I presume the TTC bus acts as a backup for it.

The bus can get more use in the winter, when the harbour is frozen and ferry service is more limited. I specifically remember back in the extra cold winter of 2015 when the harbour was completely frozen, the regular ferry to Ward's Island could not run, so 7106 (which was on the Island at the time) operated constantly, shuttling people from the east end to the Airport, where they could connect to the mainland.

• 2 weeks later...