TTC Orion VII Movement List

4 hours ago, Editorum said:

8305, 8307 and 8309 has arrived at Queensway 

8306 is enroute to Queensway 

We all thought this series will be glued to Wilson for the entire duration of their lives just like the 9400 Vs.

Now don’t kill off the remaining 8000 OGs too quickly. 

4 hours ago, Ed T. said:

I suppose it's been determined that clearance isn't a problem?

Welcome to hand-me-down Wilson garage!

Queensway - the senior retirement home for Wilson diesels 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, Genius101 said:

We all thought this series will be glued to Wilson for the entire duration of their lives just like the 9400 Vs.

What's with you and your negativity towards older but still usable buses?

55 minutes ago, gtatransitfanner said:

What's with you and your negativity towards older but still usable buses?

don't interact with his post cause it causes unnecessary posts. And no matter how many people explain to him the reasons he still does the same nonsense every week at this point everyone should just ignore him and don't reply to his annoying rants about Queensway

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Young said:

don't interact with his post cause it causes unnecessary posts. And no matter how many people explain to him the reasons he still does the same nonsense every week at this point everyone should just ignore him and don't reply to his annoying rants about Queensway

lol funny...ikr...

honestly if i were him...i would be glad a bus comes...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gtatransitfanner said:

lol funny...ikr...

honestly if i were him...i would be glad a bus comes...

Genius101: “Why doesn’t Queensway ever get any new buses? All they ever get are old handmedowns 😭😭.”

Everyone: “Most new bus orders in recent years have been electric or hybrid with rooftop components adding to overall height and because there are height restrictions at Queensway, they cannot be based there. A good chunk of the older fleet is diesel and lower in height.”

Genius101: “But it’s not fair! They deserve new buses! It’s been so long! 😭😭

Everyone: “What part of they physically cannot enter/fit in the garage do you not understand?”

As comedic and annoying as this is, the reality is Queensway has gotten relatively new equipment in recent years in the form of the LFS diesels which were only a year or two old when they got some of them, but no - for Genius to be satisfied, Queensway has to be the very first stop any new bus makes as soon as it leaves the factory. It also has to remain there, and Queensway has to be the garage to break it in and operate it indefinitely. Even being based out of another division for a day before being sent there would have him render it a “handmedown”.

• Haha 4

22 minutes ago, TransitFan88 said:

Genius101: “Why doesn’t Queensway ever get any new buses? All they ever get are old handmedowns 😭😭.”

Everyone: “Most new bus orders in recent years have been electric or hybrid with rooftop components adding to overall height and because there are height restrictions at Queensway, they cannot be based there. A good chunk of the older fleet is diesel and lower in height.”

Genius101: “But it’s not fair! They deserve new buses! It’s been so long! 😭😭

Everyone: “What part of they physically cannot enter/fit in the garage do you not understand?”

As comedic and annoying as this is, the reality is Queensway has gotten relatively new equipment in recent years in the form of the LFS diesels which were only a year or two old when they got some of them, but no - for Genius to be satisfied, Queensway has to be the very first stop any new bus makes as soon as it leaves the factory. It also has to remain there, and Queensway has to be the garage to break it in and operate it indefinitely. Even being based out of another division for a day before being sent there would have him render it a “handmedown”.

For real...

These days however, transit agencies often prolong the use of older equipment especially as the costs of buying new equipment soares...

I know Queensway themselves got "newer" equipment as well...

- Some of the 84xx's and 8600-8617
- Some of the 8620-8964 batch
- (as of recently, those 33xx's)

^ this list is already "newer equipment" that was allocated to them 

On 4/6/2024 at 5:58 PM, Genius101 said:

Look I don't want hand me downs at Queensway either and I am not complaining like you

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

@Genius101

Newer is not necessarily better. I will take an Orion Diesel from my previous time at Queensway over an XE40 at Arrow Road any day. The XE40s are very sluggish when accelerating, while the Orion Diesels definitely move with a purpose. Don't even get me started on the reliability issues of the XE40s either..... 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, QueenswayOp said:

@Genius101

Newer is not necessarily better. I will take an Orion Diesel from my previous time at Queensway over an XE40 at Arrow Road any day. The XE40s are very sluggish when accelerating, while the Orion Diesels definitely move with a purpose. Don't even get me started on the reliability issues of the XE40s either..... 

I always thought the Orions had good performance and reliability from the engines alone. Would be cool if they actually lasted until 2026.

On 4/7/2024 at 6:56 PM, gtatransitfanner said:

For real...

These days however, transit agencies often prolong the use of older equipment especially as the costs of buying new equipment soares...

I know Queensway themselves got "newer" equipment as well...

- Some of the 84xx's and 8600-8617
- Some of the 8620-8964 batch
- (as of recently, those 33xx's)

^ this list is already "newer equipment" that was allocated to them 

And when Queensway first got the 8000s in late 2007/early 2008 they were barely a year old.

5 minutes ago, 502 Downtowner said:

And when Queensway first got the 8000s in late 2007/early 2008 they were barely a year old.

Birchmount also got the 8100s too when it was less than a year old by late 2010/early 2011.

• 2 weeks later...