Ex-GO Coaches

38 Highland Creek

On 20/02/2018 at 12:24 PM, AmanKh said:

There were 2 coaches sitting in a lot on the southwest corner of Dixie Rd and Derry Rd in Mississauga last time I checked.

There is also a white MCI has round brake lights mounted on the roof at the back. 

Could they be from the department of corrections? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
19 hours ago, M. Parsons said:

This is perhaps a bit retro...

ex GO Transit Prevost running for Diversified as their #479 in Edmonton, photo taken July 23, 1981.

dive479-Pre35-08-23-1981-Edm-PC-01272019023.jpg

Actually, that is not ex-GO. It is ex-Murray Hill, new to CN Railways for their Newfoundland operation. It is only 35' long and the third axle was added later in order to comply with some of the road weight restrictions on Newfoundland. Here is a photo of Murray Hill # 812, taken June 28, 1979, Peter Cox photo.

Murray Hill Autocar 812 - 28JUN79 - Peter Cox Photo.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, Shaun said:

Doesnt GO have a service to serve NOTL from St Catherine's GO station?

No. Route 11 was discontinued after the 2017 season due to low ridership. It was supposed to be gone earlier, but I think GO was not able to announce it early enough.

On 5/27/2019 at 7:06 PM, Shaun said:

I don't think it was very well known. Plus only connecting it to St Catharines most likely didn't help. I understand that it's closer but connecting to Niagara makes more sense for passengers.

There's also the fact that the route was unnecessary with WEGO green and orange connecting NOTL to the Niagara Falls GO Station. I would assume most people coming into Niagara would've bought a WEGO pass so they would use it on the green/orange instead of paying another GO fare.

On 5/25/2019 at 12:24 AM, TTC 9701 said:

Seems Niagara Parks Commission has picked up some for some kind of service. They are numbered 8001 and up.

EE181 - Niagara Parks Commission 8003 (346 3BK) ex-GO Transit - Niagara Falls - 22 May 2019

I spotted one of them running around Niagara Falls on Monday. I didn't see the number on it, as a nova artic was blocking it.

I also saw another one for the company trans link. The number was 786. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/5/2019 at 10:23 PM, Matthew TTC 4120 said:

I spotted one of them running around Niagara Falls on Monday. I didn't see the number on it, as a nova artic was blocking it.

I also saw another one for the company trans link. The number was 786. 

Do you mean Air Link? They are out of Mississauga and have at least one ex-GO bus.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1