Vancouver general sightings and notes

Enviro 500

2 hours ago, Evan Hancock said:

Did WVMT get a "Divorce" with CMBC??? Always wondered that

West Vancouver established their own bus system in 1912.  Since it was a public, municipally owned system from the start, there wasn't the need for BC Hydro to take over in 1962 when the BCER could no longer continue as a private enterprise.  Since then, they have maintained some operational independence even as the system became more integrated with the rest of the Metro Vancouver network.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, buizelbus said:

I have no idea which one it is. I just remember seeing a luggage rack on the 99.

That totally makes no sense to install a luggage rack in a bus that was meant for passengers using the 620 to place their luggage & keep it out of the way. The 099 which is one of the busiest B-Line routes gets a luggage rack bus that serves no purpose. Since BTC is now doing the 257 it would make more sense to keep it on the 257. It's the same as when assigning a luggage rack bus on the 049 & a non luggage rack bus on the 620. Obviously seems like no one has a clue to what is going on?

2 hours ago, dover5949 said:

That totally makes no sense to install a luggage rack in a bus that was meant for passengers using the 620 to place their luggage & keep it out of the way. The 099 which is one of the busiest B-Line routes gets a luggage rack bus that serves no purpose. Since BTC is now doing the 257 it would make more sense to keep it on the 257. It's the same as when assigning a luggage rack bus on the 049 & a non luggage rack bus on the 620. Obviously seems like no one has a clue to what is going on?

Or it’s a matter of putting out whatever bus can be made ready for service in time - basically, any bus is better than no bus.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dover5949 said:

Not necessarily, a good use of it on the 99 is good for the students who are pulling all nighters for midterms right now

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 10/8/2018 at 3:42 PM, dover5949 said:

So 8066 had a baggage rack?

Yes it does. I doubt that it's been removed.

On 10/8/2018 at 1:21 PM, MCW Metrobus said:

Did someone check inside to see if it has a luggage rack now? ?

Quoting my own post, yeah I know, but 8003 doesn't have a luggage rack. :( 

Apparently T-Comm is running in "fallback mode" at the moment, which means request-to-talk is broken and everyone can hear each other. This also appears to be affecting the real-time bus position information, but not as much the real-time stop information.

I imagine this is because they're doing maintenance on their opensky cellular system. I wonder what the backup system is, perhaps plain FM?

12 hours ago, Unloading Only said:

Apparently T-Comm is running in "fallback mode" at the moment, which means request-to-talk is broken and everyone can hear each other. This also appears to be affecting the real-time bus position information, but not as much the real-time stop information.

I imagine this is because they're doing maintenance on their opensky cellular system. I wonder what the backup system is, perhaps plain FM?

This was a planned fallback.  And whenever the system is in fallback, either planned or not, there is no real time data.  Not sure what the exact backup system is though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dover5949 said:

Anyone got any info on where or what has happened to 2503? It was last on the road December 27th last year on a 008 & never seen since.

It's been asked a plethora of times and lets put this question to rest once and for all, its sitting comfortably at BTC