Biggest Transit Systems

MaT

Can everyone list the transit systems in ontario by size of their fleets. And I don't mean only the top ten, let's try and cover all of the systems. INCLUDING LEAMINGTON TRANSIT!!!

EX.

1-TTC-xxxx buses/xxx streetcars/etc

2-OC-xxx buses/xxx LRT

3-MT-xxx buses

4-LTC-xxx buses

5-blah

6-blah

7-blah

8-blah

9-blah

10-blah

You get the idea, it would be better instead of me posting one for each to see how many buses/etc every one has. I'll keep the updated number on this first page.

Can everyone list the transit systems in ontario by size of their fleets. And I don't mean only the top ten, let's try and cover all of the systems. INCLUDING LEAMINGTON TRANSIT!!!

EX.

2-OC-xxx buses/xxx LRT

3-MT-xxx buses

4-LTC-xxx buses

5-blah

6-blah

7-blah

8-blah

9-blah

10-blah

You get the idea, it would be better instead of me posting one for each to see how many buses/etc every one has. I'll keep the updated number on this first page.

Kingston Transit has 43 buses

EX.

2-OC-xxx buses/xxx LRT

3-MT-xxx buses

4-LTC-xxx buses

5-blah

6-blah

7-blah

8-blah

9-blah

10-blah

YRT/Viva is a bigger Transit agency then LTC!

YRT/Viva is a bigger Transit agency then LTC!

That was an example remember? I'm writing all these down before I post the updates on the 1st post. Can we get from the biggest to the smallest so it's easier? I'd say TTC, OC, YRT, HSR, MT LTC, DRT, then whatever after that!

1  Toronto Transit Commission 14912  OC Transpo				 9053  Mississauga Transit		3714  GO Transit				 2885  York Region Transit		2356  Hamilton Street Railway	2047  Grand River Transit		1908  London Transit			 1879  Brampton Transit		   15510 Durham Region Transit	  140

This is for buses only

That was an example remember? I'm writing all these down before I post the updates on the 1st post. Can we get from the biggest to the smallest so it's easier? I'd say TTC, OC, YRT, HSR, MT LTC, DRT, then whatever after that!

Oh, my bad, didn't see that!

1  Toronto Transit Commission 14912  OC Transpo				 9053  Mississauga Transit		3714  GO Transit				 2885  York Region Transit		2356  Hamilton Street Railway	2047  Grand River Transit		1908  London Transit			 1879  Brampton Transit		   15510 Durham Region Transit	  140

This is for buses only

Those seem correct except the YRT/Viva. I don't think you included the Viva buses since the whole system almost equal to MT and has to be over GO Transit.

BTW, where you get those numbers?

This is for buses only

Mississauga Transit has 379 buses including all the 06XXs and none of the 89XXs or 90XXs.

• 4 weeks later...

According to my list, the TTC currently has 1555 buses (including all the 7900s and all the hybrids that have been delivered).

Its more like 1542 (more likely slightly less than 1540). You are probably including too many retired fishbowls in your number.

EX.

The bus number keeps changing on me, and I'm not 100% up to date with subway numbers (I know there were 372 T1's delivered), but I know that there are 250 streetcars in the fleet (196 CLRV's, 52 ALRV's, 2 PCC's, and 1 Witt).

- Josh

The bus number keeps changing on me, and I'm not 100% up to date with subway numbers (I know there were 372 T1's delivered), but I know that there are 250 streetcars in the fleet (196 CLRV's, 52 ALRV's, 2 PCC's, and 1 Witt).

- Josh

Slap! 251 streetcars!

Lets clarify things here. If anything Subway should be the easiest to keep track of....

684 Subway Cars

28 RT Cars

248 Streetcars (251 if you count the PCCs and the Witt)

144 Wheel Trans-Community Buses

1538 Buses (as of 05 SEP 06)

Total Revenue Passenger Vehicles in service: 2642 (2645 including the PCCs, and the Witt)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...