TTC Electric Buses

The open side mirror is really extended. I know most TTC buses, they have that mirror more tucked in.

And hopefully the rear is similar to the 3700 with the grill at the back.

No decals on it yet. I hope TTC uses the 2000 numbers. 

I expect Arrow to get them first. 

25 minutes ago, FlyerD901 said:

Someone mentioned they are being numbered in the 6000 series. I personally thought they would have used the 2000 series as well.

2 hours ago, FlyerD901 said:

The open side mirror is really extended. I know most TTC buses, they have that mirror more tucked in.

If Arrow gets them, this means all Nova hybrids and diesels are displaced? Birchmount can be also a good choice.

2 hours ago, FlyerD901 said:

the numbers have already been decided, 6000 - 6203 for new flyers and 6600 - 6735 for novas. the ttc really doesnt care about number conflicts with the line 6 lrvs

21 minutes ago, Mar_AC_23 said:

It's most likely Arrow and Birchmount will receive these buses.

i feel like if arrow gets the lfses orions will go to malvern and the remaining xe40s will go east and the new xe40s will be split between birchmount and eglinton 

3 hours ago, Mar_AC_23 said:

It's most likely Arrow and Birchmount will receive these buses.

Correction: Birchmount will get some of the XE40s which will move the 37xx they have back to Arrow. Arrow and Eglinton will receive some LFSe+.

13 hours ago, randall said:

the numbers have already been decided, 6000 - 6203 for new flyers and 6600 - 6735 for novas. the ttc really doesnt care about number conflicts with the line 6 lrvs

According to the original press release by NFI, their 60% share is for 186 buses, which implies a total order of 310 units - 186 New Flyer and 124 Nova.  The numbering above indicates a total order of 340 units  - 204 New Flyer and 136 Nova.  Has the total order increased by 30 since the initial announcements in June 2023?  If not, and the total is still 310, it would cast some doubt on the veracity of the number assignments shown.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, doug_oak said:

According to the original press release by NFI, their 60% share is for 186 buses, which implies a total order of 310 units - 186 New Flyer and 124 Nova.  The numbering above indicates a total order of 340 units  - 204 New Flyer and 136 Nova.  Has the total order increased by 30 since the initial announcements in June 2023?  If not, and the total is still 310, it would cast some doubt on the veracity of the number assignments shown.

not sure, as far as ik this is information from the wiki and a page off the ttcs future bus orders 

11 hours ago, Mar_AC_23 said:

Correction: Birchmount will get some of the XE40s which will move the 37xx they have back to Arrow. Arrow and Eglinton will receive some LFSe+.

anything on the orions? 

1 hour ago, randall said:

not sure, as far as ik this is information from the wiki and a page off the ttcs future bus orders 

anything on the orions? 

Birchmount isn't getting any Orion's and never will

remember the guy that said they are getting 2 80xx in February which some of you guys believed and that obviously never happened and never will either

32 minutes ago, CJ. said:

Birchmount isn't getting any Orion's and never will

remember the guy that said they are getting 2 80xx in February which some of you guys believed and that obviously never happened and never will either

im not talking about the orions going to birchmount, im just curious if there going anywhere else like mtd, malvern or queensway

2 hours ago, AUserofToronto said:

Same interior as the 2018 XE40?

Will have to see when it arrives. Unless TTC posted how they wanted the interior on the document when releasing the bid. 

On 3/23/2024 at 2:35 PM, bus_7246 said:

2 notable differences. The side fairings around the roofline adores to be higher, and the nighttime turning lights (black lines) were added to the drivers side.

is this the only one built?

I have a feeling the new xe40s that go to birchmount will push lfs diesels to Queensway causing some NG diesels to retire. Hope that's not true cause the NG diesels have lots of life left.

10 hours ago, doug_oak said:

The initial plan was to have 340 electric buses order which was far ago before  the bid was decided

16 minutes ago, Toro said:

I have a feeling the new xe40s that go to birchmount will push lfs diesels to Queensway causing some NG diesels to retire. Hope that's not true cause the NG diesels have lots of life left.

So Birchmount is receiving new buses but Queensway can’t? 

Arrow, Eglinton, Malvern, Mount Dennis, Wilson and brand new McNicoll have also gotten their share of new deliveries in recent years this is absolutely NOT fair.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

56 minutes ago, Genius101 said:

Arrow, Eglinton, Malvern, Mount Dennis, Wilson and brand new McNicoll have also gotten their share of new deliveries in recent years this is absolutely NOT fair.

😛😛😛

Keep whining kid. That's right Queensway is not allow to receive new buses. Life is never fair.

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Genius101 said:

That's right. I've spoken to the supervisor at Queensway to ensure that Queensway may only get handmedowns because you like them : -)

if Queensway got the new ebuses where did you expect them to plug it?  In the employees backsides? Sheesh it's not rocket science 

• Haha 6

Guys, stop engaging.

The problem has been explained at length, over the course of 5 years. If he refuses to acknowledge the operational reasons behind his grievance, it is either because he has not logicked his way into his position and thus can't be logicked out of it, or he's trolling.

Either way, it is really, really tiresome that every time he posts, his posts are followed by a long line of echoes saying the exact same thing day in day out. Some of us are actually interested in reading news about the bus fleet.

For the love of God, stop engaging.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

13 hours ago, doug_oak said:

The original RFP and contract award was for 310 buses. Once federal funding was secured, the contract was amended to add an additional 30 for a total of 340 buses between New Flyer and Nova. Nova's press release mentions that their contract is a base order of 124 with a potential for 12 more, bringing Nova's total to 136. That would mean 18 additional New Flyers were added bringing their total to 204.

• Like 2